Friday, January 30, 2009

TECC53... a winner... and home from CHA

Thankyou to all of you who took part in the challenge and who created such beautiful things with my sketch. (Here is a link to the gallery with all the cards created with my sketch ...over at Splitcoast, if you want to check them out. They are all fantastic!) I'm so honored to have so many beautiful cards created with inspiration from my sketch. Thankyou to all of you!!
Since I just got back from CHA last night, I'm still working my way around Splitcoast and blogs, to check out and comment everyones creations... but I'm getting there. . AND... Huge thanks to Taylor for hosting this event and for providing us all with Giveaways! Speeking of Giveaways... the winner of my drawing is..
Lori McAree SCS username: LMcAree Congrats Lori!!..

Please check Taylors Blog for details and for a list of the winners for each of the Cupcake crews individual winners... and for the Grandprize winner!
**************************************************
Hi everyone!! It was a fun week.. but it feels good to be home. Your own bed always feels good. lol I have so many photos from CHA that I want to show you.. I'll be sharing them all , over the next week. I just got home last night, so I'm still unpacking , doing laundry and lov'n on my pups. lol

I am sharing this photo today, because it's so fitting , since today is another of Taylors Cupcake Challenge days. What a sweetie this girl is! ( and her mom too). It was so good to get to spend time and chat with both of them again. I think we have that "midwesterners" bond. lol Taylor and her family are originally from Iowa.


Taylor VanBruggen and I at CHA

**************************************************
I better not forget to post this weeks card and sketch. Whew.. so much going on. ha.. I'm still trying to get back to NE time. Boy .. am I ever a creature of habit. lol
Anyway.. here is the card I created ( before I left.. thank goodness) of this weeks skech.

Here are the supplies used and the stamps are Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage

(French Mail) Clear Art stamps.

Here's Taylors Sketch for this week!
Be sure to check out the rest of the cupcake crews creations and for the announcement of the Grandprize winner on Taylors blog today.

CUPCAKE SKETCH CHALLENGE SAMPLERS
Ana Wohlfahrt
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis
Taylor VanBruggen

******************************************************************
I've missed blogging this past week. I even brought my laptop in hopes I'd be able to share photos while I was there..but there was just not enough hours in the day. I have so many to show you.. I cant wait. It's always fun to see new product..but most of all, to see old friends and meet new ones... and I did alot of that! I'll be sharing lots of photos over the next few days.

I missed you guys!!

16 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Vicki! Your card is adorable! I love the black accents. Looking forward to seeing all your pics!

Jami said...

Vicki!!! You stamped!!!

*just had to say that*

Love the little red envelope under his arm!

Hey girl it was so awesome to meet you in person!! You are such a sweetheart!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Vicki. Love the great colors and the cute image. TFS!

DeniseLynn said...

Cute card - Welcome home!

Jackie Pedro said...

Your card is too cute, Vicki! Love the pic of you and Taylor!! Lucky girl!!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

Super cute, Vicki! Glad you made it home safely and thanks for sharing that picture of us! I grabbed it off your blog and saved it in my CHAW09 folder for memories! :)

Bev said...

Glad your back safe and sound! Next time I wanna go too!! Maybe you can hook me up? Huh?

Missed ya - having withdrawal over here! Stay warm - GO STEELERS!!!

Linda Barutha said...

So glad you are back! We missed you too! I look forward to seeing all of your pictures:)

Elly said...

Your card is sóóó cute!!! I'm so curious to all the new stuff of the CHA! So spoil us with pictures! Welcome home!

stampqueen said...

"Let the temptations begin" :) Can't wait to see all the new goodies coming!! Glad to see you back!!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

What an adorable card! I love it!

chelemom said...

Love your card! Can't wait to see all of your pics!!!

rose said...

oh love the card. Glad you had a great time and you are home safe
Wow I have missed you so bad,missed my daily dose of medicine/therapy from you

cannot wait to see the pictures when you get everything sorted at home

Creative Mish said...

Wow! it looks like you had a fabulous time at CHA! Love your cute little card! Fun!

Sharon in NE said...

Oh Vic! It was all so good!

Ida P. Krause said...

Really Cute card. I just love the Vintage image you used.