Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birds, chicks, bunnies oh my

I have one thing on my mind ... Spring! I cant wait! I worked on this little birds this week to sell at Amy's store. It's funny, I came across these wooden bird shapes the other day at Micheal's.. thinking how cute they would be covered with different papers ect... before I could even get them done..the next day I saw that someone had made them , in a link at ScrapScene. They must have called to a number of peoples creative sides. lol I did put mine in towels so that they could be put in a pot, vase ect. The little note tied around their necks says "A little bird told me". I did some with clothes pins and magnets on the backs so that they can hold papers on the fridg also. ** You can click to see them bigger**


Another thing I found at Micheal's were these darling $1 stamps. How can you beat that? Why is it , I get such a thrill from digging though dollar bins? lol


I worked WAY TO LATE last night.. and my room is a MESS! Eeeeek... time to cut this post short and clean this Mess up. When I get really into a project .. look out, it's like a tornado hit my room. I cant stand to that way though..so once I'm completely finished.. I clean up!
Even though it's a mess right now.. it's a mess of fun stuff. lol So this sign I have hanging on top of my hosier seems quite fitting. lol

Time to dig in.

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my VIC, those chickies are A-DORABLE...LOVE them. I need to make a trip to M's and get some. THANKS for showing them to us! xox. have a great weekend.

Nat said...

the chickies are the cutest!!!!

rose said...

oh just love thse cute birds and beautiful pp you have used,oh wished we had a m`s over here
have a great weekend

Linda Barutha said...

SPRING, SPRING, SPRING!! I love your birdies! Too bad we were hit with a snow storm today:( TFS:)

Deb Neerman said...

These l'il birdies are just adorable!

And I love your sign ... and your $1 stamp finds; I bought 'em too, lol!

Have a great weekend!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

I *love* the birdies! I made one too! http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sassy_sweet_notes/2009/02/sweet-country-bird.html

...don't tell anyone, but I bought all of the packages they had. =)

...and I bought the $1 stamps too! Maybe we were shopping virtually together, and didn't even know it!! =)

Happy weekend!
-Anna.

stampqueen said...

Love the chickies - very springy!!!! My craft room is such a disaster - went thrift store hoppin with a friend friday and found a few great things - 2 briefcases for only a buck each, and in good shape - yipppee now I can recover some more.

TattingChic said...

Cute chickies! Love the stamps! I was sooo chuckling at your shoe-spiration post a few posts back! Cuteness abounds as always on this blog! :)

Sugar Bear said...

The birds are adorable! Love them all grouped together in the pot.
Karla

Scrap for Joy said...

Oh Yikes! I bought these same birds a month ago and have been waiting for some inspiration to hit. BONK! I think it just did. (How did you attach the dowels?)

MJ said...

All these posts with chicks urges me to get the Easter stuff out on display! (My dh was commenting that we still had Valentine's stuff on display?)

Tina said...

Man, I love the $1 stamps at Michael's!

D@nielle said...

very cute chickies !!