Monday, February 23, 2009

Fancy Pants layout (using "Delight" paper line

Good thing I got a few "creative" things done on Saturday.. because I sure didn't today. Just wasn't feeling the mojo.. so I cleaned house instead. It's weird , but I kind of like cleaning and doing stuff around the house (WHEN I'm in the mood, that is). I'm a homebody at heart. I just wish it was summer so I could go out and mess in my flowers. grrr.. Going to have to wait awhile for that.
Here is the layout I finished Saturday , using the new Fancy Pants, "Delight" line.

Fancy Pants felt, ribbons, and buttons

oh.. and overlay.

I love that line.
__________________________________________________
I have to share with you , this totally cool bracelet I got in the mail today from my friend Cindy!
How fun is that???
I was also going to share with you the other day , this beautiful sheet music Paula saved for me , after we were together last week. She thought I might like to use it for a project with a photo of my mom. She is SO right!

____________________________________________
I have to say, it's been a pretty good start to the week... I got an email from Somerset Memories , saying one of my projects will be the April/May Cover. That mixed with a couple of really sweet emails from blog readers , and I was "smiling" this morning. lol
btw.... while I'm thinking about it , I wanted to ask. Are any of you having a problem commenting? I wonder if it's something with blogger? I 've heard a couple of people mention it. That , and also those who subscribe.. getting a number of posts all in a cluster, instead of , on the day they are posted. Just wonder if anyone else has had that problem here, or on their own blogs?????
hmmmm.... just wondering

18 comments:

Tina said...

Vicki,

Mmmmm, such a pretty LO!!! I love that ribbon you used! The colors are so yummy!

What a kind friend you have! That bracelet is amazing & I can't wait to see what you do with the sheet music!

I'm not able to comment on some blogs requiring word verification as it takes SO long for the word to load. :(

stampqueen said...

Great layout - love the colors and the pleats!!! Love the bracelet too - veery clever.
Feedbits never gets the posts to me on the day but usually the day after, and often not for 2 days - haven't had any trouble commenting though.

Kara Ward said...

So excited for my talented friend!!!Somerset is the bomb!!! Absolute favorite magazine on the planet. I will save my copy and expect an autograph!!! Wa-hoo!!!!Kara

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

congrats on the cover, that is great news! And I get your posts daily on Google Reader.

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey Vic, Yep! I don't get the feed from your post until they are two days old! Haven't had any comments problems (that I can remember).

Love the layout-the colors are so different for you too. Those little chicks you dressed and the candy jars are super cute!

Hugs,
Liv

becky said...

awwww-love the fancy pants layout with gabby's pic! and CONGRATS on the sommerset memories cover!!!! how exciting!!! can't wait to see it!

Nancy said...

Vicki,
Congratulations on making the cover of the magazine!! How exciting. Now I can't wait to see it. Your layout is really cute too. Have a wonderful day.

harrahx2 said...

Great bracelet, beautiful layout and yes, I get like three days of blog at once as I have mentioned in the past. It's kind of weird that sometimes I get them regular and other times......not. Looking for spring and warm weather, have you seen it?

Susan said...

Hmm, I just wrote a comment and when I went to submit it came up saying something about "duplicate action." ??? So, I'm trying again.
Congrats on being a cover girl - can't wait to see the issue. Love the layout and the bracelet.
Susan

Elly said...

Wow, a publication in the Somerset? That's great!!!! I lóóóóve that magazine! Your l.o. is great, I love what you did with the piece of paper and the ribbon.
The bracelet you got is so lovely, what a beautiful gift!
I wish the winter would be over now, I'm longing for spring! For a little sunshine and warmer and longer days!

Gail S. said...

Love the layout! Beautiful and the bracelet is so much fun (you lucky girl, what a great friend!!) I haven't found any troubles commenting nor getting your blog on time!

Calia Yang said...

Well well - yet another beautiful layout! I love your work - it is so amazing!
That bracelet is just too darling! and I know you'll rock out that music sheet! take care! *hugs*

chelemom said...

Love the LO! The bracelet is sooooo pretty!!! I have had a few blogs where it takes FOREVER for the word verification to come up. Sometimes it never comes up.

janel said...

Big congratulations on "cover girl"...how wonderful. What a beautiful layout, as well as the photography...stunning.
The feeds are always late for me too...:(
Enjoy the week, and have fun wearing that VERY cool bracelet!

Carla said...

Beautiful page, the details are amazing! Love the pleated paper! CONGRATS on being a cover girl!!

TattingChic said...

WOW! The cover of Somerset Mag! That is totally awesome!!! How cool is that!

That typewriter key bracelet is adorable! What a sweet friend. :)

Vicki said...

Oh, this LO is beautiful! The ribbon technique looks awesome. Is this a relative of yours? She is so pretty. Love the card in the entry above this one too!

Eleanor said...

Beautiful post!