Thursday, February 12, 2009

A fun day with the girls

Had a great time with the girls yesterday .. as always. Paula hosted the get together this time .. and everything was so pretty. The project she had planned was that we all create something with these plaques. I was happy just to chat with the girls.. and I never work well in this sort of setting ( because I like to TALK to much.. instead of work on my project).. lol.. but this is what I did with mine.

I made it to hang on the door to my studio.

I really don't know why I even made the "closed" on the other side? I'm usually always in there.. lol , so I guess that means I'm "open" right? lol
The flower I made to put on here , is similar to the others I do with the sheet music and book print..but for this one , I just added petals cut from the same patterned paper that I used on the plaque. I just added white paint to the edges.


I wanted to share what the other girls were working on . We didn't all get them finished..but here's where we were when stopped for the day.
Below is Paula's... she had hers finished. Isn't it cool?

By: Paula

By: Jessica

By Steph:


By: Deb

And Kady being funny ... showing what she had done. Her and I were sitting next to each others.. and Chatting ALOT.. so that's why neither one of us got much "creating" done. lol But it was so fun!
I was so happy she got to come join us this time.
__________________________________________
I had to line up the Valentine cards Paula made us all , just to take a photo to share with you. There were all so unique and beautiful!
By: Paula

It was a really fun and inspiring day. As always the table was filled with every little thing an artsy girl would love and need. Thanks Paula for a really great day!


Now.. Miss Vicki better quit running around playing everyday.. and get some work done.
Good thing my "work" is kind of "play" huh? lol
Have a fantastic day!!!!

23 comments:

Jessica said...

You girls certainly made some pretty things! I'm the same way when I'm with friends, I can never shut up long enough to make anything. I was always the last one to get anything done in art class, too. lol! I'm inspired now to finish making the sign I started and never finished. Thanks for sharing, as always!

Elaine said...

They're all great! I do love the vibrant colors on your particular project though! It's girly and happy and all feels so summery! (We could use a hit of summer up here in Seattle!)

Sugar Bear said...

What a lovely sign! Makes me think of spring.
Karla

Monica said...

ooks like a fun time with your friends!
Love your open sign :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

YOu are in with a talented group of pals!

Catherine said...

oh my, looks like you all had a great time. I'll host it next time ;-) All the plaques came out gorgeous, I'm jealous!
xox!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh man!!! I wish I could have joined you.. They turned out sooo neat. I love your flower!! Laurie

Charmingdesigns said...

I forgot to ask...which way does the atc card go?? the notches to the left or on top?? laurie

Scrap for Joy said...

All of the plaques are beautiful! Isn't it great when a bunch of friends can get together and just play? I always love to see what you're up to. Happy Valentine's Day Vicki!

DeniseLynn said...

You have the neatest friends!! How blessed you are. I love that you shared photos of what each gal did ... everyone is so talented. Oh I am so inspired!!

happiness blooms said...

Man, they sure do grow creative women down there in NE! The projects are BEAUTIFUL!
I'm with you on the *talking more than creating* LOL! I'm the same way!

Kara Ward said...

Oh, I love it...the flower caught my attention right away. I have been try to make deadlines, so I sprayed my Starbuck's coffee warmer with Glittermist. Oh, it is a slice of glittery heaven...thanks again-Kara

Viv (VivLyn) said...

You certainly had a creative day and looks like a lot of fun!!! I wish I had a bunch of friends who shared my passion and lived close enough to play!

Donna said...

What a fun post! I love the plaque idea and everyone's looks beautiful! Also loved the fun work (party) table you girls had----Paula is apparently a super hostess. Glad you enjoyed your day and thanks for another great post and pix!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Judy B said...

You all look like you are having so much fun...I really should try to get my girls together for a crafty afternoon soon. I miss it!!!

harrahx2 said...

ow, that is all I can say. I love the little oval placques. Where did she find them? Too cute. You create while talking which is more than I can do. I can't walk and chew gum.........beautiful job on all the projects.

Susan said...

No, it doesn't get any better than spending the day with good friends arting away. These plaques all turned out beautiful - and I love those Valentines!
Susan

kadi said...

Oh Aunt Vicki,
That was so much fun talking with you and watching you try to talk to mom. lol But you spelt my name wrong. K A D I.

craftyantoinette said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing all those beautiful projects. Absolutely gorgeous and very inspiring. :-)

Sheila R said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time and made some yummy things. Thanks for sharing.

Karen Cheetham said...

Wow! The plaques are beautiful! The gathering looked fun and inspiring. And...I LOVE the valentine cards. Nice photos!

rose said...

oh you girls made some stunning things today and looks like you had a wonderful time
Oh drooling over all the piccies

Ali said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous projects! It looks like you ALL had fun! TYFS Vicki! :o)