Saturday, February 28, 2009

Neck deep in messes today

I've been making one mess after another today. eek But hopefully the finished projects will be worth it. lol There's going to be a fun little challenge coming up.. starting Monday.. and I need to get started on my project for the month. When I get started, I can seem to stop digging EVERYTHING out! geezzz.. it's ridiculous. lol


I also had company today. "Flat Griffin". lol He is part of Griffins preschool project. He came visiting so we needed some photos of him doing different things around Aunt Vics. I think Griffin only needs one photo of him here... ( but I'm making a simple little mini album), with him posing doing different things. Here... he's having a brownie and a glass of milk.
lol.. oh.. if anyone would have seen me doing this ... posing this "paper silhouette" all over the house.. they would have thought I was nuts. Oh well... I think G will think it's funny!




Yesterday after lunch with Bec, I stopped and spent some time in the afternoon with the mama. She has been working on this huge puzzle my brother Ray gave her for quite away now.. and finally finished it. I told her I was going to bring my camera in and take a picture of it ..after she she had it done. Well.. yesterday when I walked in , she said.. "Did you bring your camera?" This puzzle was a stinker.. and she spend HOURS on it.. I think she was pretty proud. .. as she should be!

I need to get back to my mess so I can finish and clean up. I better get my "Flat Griffin" book finished also.. he needs it on Monday.
Hope you all are having a great weekend!


18 comments:

Elaine said...

Always delightful to stop by and visit your blog! The upcoming challenge, flat man, and mama's puzzle vitory made me smile today! I'm like you - everything is everywhere when I create.

Hugs to you, Vicki!

E

janel said...

Flat Griffin is SO darn cute! I can just visualize you posing him and talking to that flat piece of paper. :) Love the project, reminds me of pre-school days!

Your glimmer project looks yummy, and I will be anxious to see it.
Have a great Sunday!

Bev said...

I love to do puzzles too! Great job "MAMA" - that thing is HUGE! Love flat Griff too...too cute!!

Have a great Sunday! (Hopefully a little less messy!!LOL)

Nat said...

bwahhahhaa- I love Griffin :) So cute.

Ohh and your TA Project looks yummie!

rose said...

oh my , that flat griffin is so fun, and the griffin is going to love this!
Wow now that puzzle is hard!! my little guy spotted ballons striaght away,oh bet mom is so pleased this is done and it must have taken ages!
OH cannot wait to see what is in the making in your room!

Shawn said...

Love the flat griffin pic. That is too cute! Glad you had a good day with your Mom she looks great! Hugs hope you are enjoying the snow :)

Linda Barutha said...

Coolness! That was a huge puzzle for your mama to get done so quickly! Enjoy your day:)

Karen Cheetham said...

Flat Griffin is too funny! I hope he cleans up after himself while he is visiting! Thanks for the laugh this morning....

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, your mom looks great and that puzzle looks like a bear! You need to offer some on-line or for sale class kits/projects. Some of your books and things would be amazing to be able to buy in kit form. Just a thought.......

Elly said...

Woehaa...!!! That flat Griffin looks great!!! Well, yeh, probably the people may think you're nuts, but that's fun too!!! And I think Griffin will understand the whole idea!
And I love your messy desk! I've created nothing the last few days, so I hope my desk will be messy too next week!

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh my! Flat Griff is so funny! I had to do kind of the same thing but with a 10" tall flat guy-not as much fun as Griff's!
That puzzle looks like a stinker! Gosh, Sweet Momma looks so pleased with herself! What fun to see her all smiles!
Hugs,
Liv

Jane Wetzel said...

Love flat Griffin! The puzzle was an awesome accomplishment! I visit Albuquerque and Santa Fe every spring to see my sisters..it is really an "artsy" place! Looks like u mite be using a little glimmer mist....hmmmmm...Love that stuff!!! woohoo cant wait to see what u got goin on!! tfs!

stampqueen said...

What a wonderful mess it looks like you have - looks like fun!!! I pulled out my glimmer mists today too - did some chipboard.
Love the "flat Griff" - I can't wait to see you collection of photos!!!

Yoli said...

Oh . . . I am so jealous . . . you got to play with the Tattered Angels Mist. Your album looks gorgeous. I bet pics of Flat Griffin have never before been displayed on such a beautiful album.

Calia Yang said...

love your mess!!! means you've been scrappin' hard! ^_^ eheheheh and love flat griffin!! that is so cute!
and zOMG!!! that is a big puzzle!! hope you're doing well.

Debbie Kaste said...

Vicki, I thought I was the ONLY one who's room looks like a tornato hit it while creating something...LOL! Flat Griffin is really funny. I'm sure your nephew will be thrilled with what you did with him. Your mama rocks...
Hugs,
Debbie Kaste

Charlene said...

Griffin is lucky to have Aunt Vicky for doing his flat Griff project. Hope he has as much fun with it as you did. As for the mess... who doesn't live with one kind or another? have a great week.

MJ said...

I'm squinting hard at your Glimmer Mist bottles to try to identify what colours you are using! You made reference to pink in a newer post but there are how many different shades of pink? And purple too?

I could barely decide. As my treat for almost losing 2 lbs this week, I purchased bubble gum pink! Oh the decisions!