Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sharing a Technique and some photos from yesterday

Well, I 'm pretty excited because I just posted my first project on my other blog.... What? Another Blog? lol Well , all the girls on the Altered Arts Magazine Design Team have a blog just for that.. and .. well , now I do too! They set it all up for us.. then we just occasionally post a project or technique on there to share. No... I sure don't have time to post on two blogs every day.. because I can barely keep up with this one sometimes...but I'll let you know when I post something new on my Altered Arts blog, and link you, if you want to check it out.
Anyway... here is a peek at the project I have posted on my other blog.. so I hope you pop over and check out the step my step on the technique.. and see the entire project. If you get a chance to check it out, leave me a comment will you , so I know you came by. I just posted so I have no visitors yet. It's a fun and easy technique. Here's the link
Vicki's Altered Arts Blog

___________________________________________________

Yesterday was such a fun day. Gabby and Kristin came over with Wyatt and Borus (Kristin's new pup). It was so great to see them. I laughed so much , between them, Wyatt and that pup..that my side hurt.
They were such good sports too. I have been needing to get some "girlfriend" themed photos to put into a mini album I'm working on for Scrappy Gourmet.. and these are going to work perfectly.
The photos turned out so fun, (considering we had a new pup and a 1 1/2 year old running around). Actually the they were so good. Wyatt was totally intrigued with the sound of the door stop.. he played with it for a good 15 minutes , and the pup took a puppy power nap.
I've known these girls since they were 15, and my entire family has been friends with them ever since. How did we all meet you ask. Well, remember.. I had teen age "boys". Where there are teen age boys ..there are teen aged girls... and visa versa. lol Gabby is married now , and Wyatt is her little one. Her and Wes are still great friends.. he even played guitar at her wedding. Kristin has a boyfriend and a darling new puppy! I love that we have all stayed in each others lives...they are fantastic peeps. (When you hear me talk about Gabby who does my hair.. this is who I'm talking about.)
They are beautiful inside and out!



I already had the photo's developed and the album put together. I'll be sharing it soon.
Wyatt, got his first "little boy" hair cut. I couldn't believe how grown up he looked when they walked in.
And here is Kristin's new pup... Borus! lol I was in puppy heaven! He was just like a fat little teddy bear. Aly and Molly were a bit taken back.. like.. "WHAT is THAT"???? lol

It was a busy day around yesterday. Later in the day , we met my sister, brother-in-law and mom for dinner. It was great to get to spend some time with them.
Today... getting a few things done around the house.. and then just chilling out a bit.
Sounds good to me.
Hope you all get a little "down time" today also.
Put your feet up and relax. lol

7 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What awesome photos!!! These young ladies are beautiful and what a nice thing to be able to remain friends...
The "little guy" is such a cutie-patootie and what an adorable puppy!!! (and I don't even like dogs!!) I do like puppies however!!

harrahx2 said...

Whatever kind of pup is that? Adorable. And your friends are beautiful. Isn't it always fun to be with people you love?

Elaine said...

Such lovely ladies! I adore following kids from youth into their adult lives...transformations are amazing and these pretty gals are no exception! The pup and cutie pie baby are pretty sweet also!! :)
Congrats on your new blog too, Ms. Vicki! I love what you shared over there!

Micki said...

Wow, I already was so in awe of your talent (crafts, photography, your way with words, and your blog/posts) but 2 blogs? Wow, I am doing good to post on mine 3 times a week, lol.
That puppy is absolutely adorable. That is a great picture with those blue puppy eyes, lol. I'll be sure to sign up for RSS feed for your other blog :-)....

Country Liv . . . said...

You know, Vic, you are just so special. The 'boys' friends still care about you and your family?! Priceless! That doesn't happen to most people.
Wyatt is gorgeous and so is the pup! I bet your girls looked on him with disdain and probably just a little fear that they might get replaced!
I'm off to check out the 'techie'
Hugs,
Liv

Catherine said...

What a cute puppy, what kind of dog is it?? Cute girls too!

Gail S. said...

Pretty girls, cute little boy and precious puppy!! So many photos, now to find time to scrap! (Boy our weather sure changed didn't it? That's Nebraska for you!!)