Thursday, February 05, 2009

TECC 54

Boy , you can tell it's February in Nebraska.. and I'm aching for summer huh?

I love this image.. just had to use it. Actually it was almost 50 here today! WOO HOO..heat wave! lol




And the card was based on Taylors sketch #54 this week. Thanks Taylor!

Below are the supplies used. ( this is the lazy way .. so I don't have to list them all) lol you can click to see it bigger if you need to.


This weeks cupcake sampler is Wendy Bond . Check out her creation based on Taylors sketch , along with the rest of the Cupcake Crew.







and Ana Wohlfahrt
Their stamping and coloring abilities just blow me away!

****************************************************



I mentioned earlier in the week that I am thrilled to be Guest Artist at The Vintage Veranda this month. It's a fantastic place... come on over and check it out.

Here is a little sneak peek of my project for VV ( you can see the entire project and my tutorial in the VV gallery here)
sneak peek of my tutorial.
The gallery is filled with beautiful Vintage creations posted by the VV girls.

**************************************************

Okay.. one more thing...

You know me and my music.. we never part. lol I told you a while back how much I'm loving Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. Sandy's hubby Scott is a music lover , and he seriously should be the PR person for Roger Clyne. ha He is who first introduced me RC music. Well, long story short, when I was with Sandy and Scott working a Retail show ( you know.. "scrapbooking".. what this blog is usually about when I'm not rambling on about stuff like this) in Seattle.. we went to see Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers perform. I was so totally impressed with them after hearing and seeing them live.. I instantly bought 2 CDs. Now I MUST have them all.

So if I didn't suck you all into my Sugarland obsession... try Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers.

I'll just keep linking their videos until you scream uncle... ( or just cave and say you like em) lol

If nothing else.. you gotta admit.. he's pretty easy on the eyes. VIDEO

( give it a minute.. the music starts... it's worth it)


HAPPY FRIDAY!

9 comments:

Precious Treasures said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Ana said...

Love your vintage style!! Awesome girlfriend card :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love that you used a picture for the main image. Great colors. TFS!

Sarah said...

So glad you are part of The Vintage Veranda this month. Your work is always inspiring!

Catherine said...

What a great box, love how you stamped on the leaves! Congrats on being a GD over there, GREAT work! Have a great weekend! xox.

happiness blooms said...

The card is FAB! and the sentiment is oh so true!!!
and... OMG on the VV creation! wow wow WOW!!!!!!
Hey... I'm creating an ATC this evening! ;o)

TattingChic said...

The card is very sweet. I am absolutely LOVING those paper/silk flower combinations! WOW! Stunning! :)

DeniseLynn said...

Ok I am totally nuts about those flowers. Vicki they rock!! And I checked out that videotoo - oh Yea, I like. *wink* Hey, I got the book yesterday (the one I wone!)Thanks a million. I lvoe it. Am hopingto find quiet time today to sip coffee and read (and soak up some more inspiration).

Stephanie said...

What a great card! I just love how it turned out! Hehe! :D