Thursday, February 12, 2009

TECC # 55

Friday.. and its Taylor's sketch day. Sketch number 55 and its a fun one. Hope you play along. You can get all the details on Taylor's Blog.
Here is the card I created based on her sketch.
-------------

Sketch #55 by Taylor VanBruggen


*** Taylor also had a wonderful online store that is filled with all kind of goodies.. and her own stamp line. You can check it out HERE


I'll had this stamp for so long...but I still just love it. It's from Stampers Anonymous.



Here are the supplies I used. I wish you could see the shimmer on the wings.. I used the SAKURA stardust pen on them.

This weeks cupcake sampler is Jodi Collins


Stop over and check out her beautiful card.. along with those of the talented Cup Cake Crew
Donna Baker, Jami Sibley, Jackie Pedro, Vicki Chrisman, Monika Davis, Stephanie Hargis, Sherrie Siemens, and Ana Wohlfahrt

***************************************************************
This is what I'm seeing out my window right now.. .. So I'm staying in today!
Brrrrrrrr
They keep changing the amount of snow we are supposed to get... so who knows. All I know Is it's a good excuse to stay in my jammies a bit longer. lol

16 comments:

Taylor VanBruggen said...

This is so striking with the black and cream color combo! Love the image you used too... I bet it's so pretty with the stardust accents!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Agree... brrr... lots of snow!
Fantastic czard Vickie. Love the pretty paper and image. TFS!

Jami said...

Wow Vicki - Love the elegant look of your card!

Not sure if I told you, but I soooo enjoyed meeting you in person at CHA!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a beauty! That image is beautiful, Vicki! Keep warm!

Donna said...

pretty, love the way you do vintage so well-definitely a style I lack the skills with!you should move here-it's like mid-upper 70's lately!

Queen Mary said...

GORGEOUS card! It is so different from the other DT ladies' I LOVE it! What a flexible sketch --

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

What a GORGEOUS card this is! LOVE the black & cream combo!!! Fantastic :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Awesome card Vic ... I have that same paper but haven't found the right use for it yet ... you've certainly put it to GREAT use here!! All the pieces fit perfectly!!! Great job!
And by the way ... you can keep the "cold" stuff ... I'm tired of it!!! We're expecting 2-4 here in NE Ohio tomorrow ... "come on Springtime!!!"

cindy said...

Ohmygosh...this is just gorgeous...love all the elements and the color!

c

Stephanie Hargis said...

Brr! It looks cold there! We had that kind of day on Tuesday but it's so warm here today that I think it's going to all melt! :D Anyway, great card! I love that dragonfly!

Carla said...

Your card is gorgeous! That sketch looks really hard to me!! I think it's brilliant that you take a pic of your supplies! I hate typing mine out, but I'm not sure I'm organized enough to take a pic. If I do try it, I will be sure to give you the credit for the idea!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Another winner, Vicki!

Ummm, that sure ain't no "sunny" day you got goin' on today! Yikes! I'm cold jess lookin' at the pix!

Have a great weekend!!

~Hugs, Deb

Elaine said...

Lovely! I can just imagine how cool the shimmery wings look! Stay warm dear friend! :)

hugs,
Elaine

chelemom said...

YOur card is gorgeous!!! (As always!!!!) Love the sketch too! Snow.....ugh! (We got a bit here in Chicago too, but not too much! So sick of snow already!)

janel said...

LOVE this. Love the stamp, and everything is perfect.
Happy Valentine's Day....stay warm and snuggle in!
hugs

rose said...

oh love the color combo off black and cream and what a great card,I love it