Monday, February 09, 2009

Valentine box card set

This is a little Valentine Box and card set that I just finished up for a special order, and snapped a few photos of before she picked it up. Actually I also just finished working on a "Girlfriends" themed set , that includes a 7 1/2 x 5 box with a little album that fits inside, and 4 "Girlfriend" themed cards.. that will be a kit for sale over at Scrappy Gourmet. I'll share photos of that and a link when it is all kitted and ready for sale. It's done using alot of the same images and that same colors as this.

I used Images from the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage "Girlfriends" Image and Journal books and stamps from the "Cherub" set of Clear Art Stamps. Below is both heart shaped boxes, (large and small), and all six cards. I cant believe how easy these cute images make it.. I had all this done in a couple hours this afternoon.


Every time I stamp this little cherub.. I have to double stamp the wings and add glitter. I just love the way it looks. It's such a darling stamped image.

I had this other smaller paper mache heart.. so I did it up..thinking it might be fun for a few chocolates.

I added some Stickles to the Grungboard pieces.

Speaking of "Stickles" I have to show you this fantastic idea I first saw here . Her studio is in a cupboard.. but it's done up so well. Utilizing the space with perfectly. Not only is this a space saver but totally practical! I improvised a bit. I'm not sure what she used for her metal base..but I had found these lightweight metal trays at the $ store over the holidays. I thought they would work well for giving baked goodies to people on. (I also bought an oval on for a magnet board I'm working on.. but that's for another day.. lol). Anyway, I screwed it to the underneath of the shelf in my studio..then glued magnet discs to the bottoms of my glitter glue bottles. It works so well, because not only does it save space, and keep all your bottles from falling over when your looking through them.. but best of all .. the glitter glue is always in the tip where you need it.. so you don't have to shake it down. EVER! See.. I'm weird.. organizational stuff like this just THRILLS ME! lol


______________________________________


I have to remember to answer a couple of questions from yesterday.

First of all.. on the project .. here on my Altered Arts Blog.. the image is a stamp. It's from the Tim Holtz collection , from Stampers Anonymous.


Second..some of you were wondering what Breed the pup was in the last post. Well I had to call and ask..because I'm not into breeds.. I just think all pups are cute.. so mine are always Heinz 57. lol But I'm told this pup is a Red Australian Shepard. He's cute..that's all I know. lol

Okay.. since my post ALWAYS seem to be all over the place lately... I'll just go with the the "random" thing... and post something else.. way off the subject.
No Roger Cyle video today.. sorry! lol
I saw this and got such a kick out of it I have to share. If this doesnt make you smile, I dont know what will. Check it out

21 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful box and cards. What a great idea for storing Stickles!! And that puppy is just adorable...Thanks for the laughs from the You-Tube video - I have sent it to my daughter who is engaged.
Susan

Jessica said...

Your box and cards are gorgeous! Love the color scheme.

TattingChic said...

OH, WOW! I am in love with the pink and black box and cards! GORGEOUS, honey!

I don't know which has me more "wow-ed" -- the beautiful pink and black boxed set or the fabulous organizational idea! I love not having to shake down the stuff! Oh, how cool and that is using up all possible surface areas for storage! Fabulous! :)

avagdro said...

Thank you Vicki C,Fabulous work indeed.Good color work besides some awesome cute box cards.Wish you and all across the world in advance a Joyful Valentine's Day.

Cheers!!
Send gifts to Bangalore|Send gifts to Chennai|Send gifts to India

Lynnda said...

great storage idea
I have my bottle top down in a basket but that is one the desk and taking up valuable stamping room...I like this very much

Donna said...

Lovely boxed set of girlfriend cards!
And thank you so much for the Stickles storage idea! I love Stickles and will definitely be using this tip in my own storage!!
Thanks, Vicki! Always love your blog....

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the heart boxes/cards ... fantastic!! Thanks for sharing the great Stickle storage idea ... how clever is that!!

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing the great stickles idea and I love the girlfriends set! I took the vintage girlfriends class at cha and loved it! I love your blog --you are truly an inspiration to me! (love that puppy too! :)

stampqueen said...

What a great set!!!! Love the pink and black with the vintage look images!!! And I love that idea for the stickles!!!
My dog is an Aussie too - red also, lighter than the pup and with white spotted chest. Aussies are very smart, sweet dogs!!!

Country Liv . . . said...

I love the pink and black theme! That little cherub is adorable-my hands are getting better, perhaps I'll go back and try paper scrapping again! Such a gorgeous gift!
Hugs,
Liv

harrahx2 said...

That box and those cards are fantastic. Love that pup. And who is the cherub stamp by? It is the cutest thing, next to the dog of course!

rose said...

oh what a beautiful card set and love how you finished the boxes!and Black & pink just does it for me!
Neat idea for storing stickles,I keep mine at moment in a clear tub and store them upside down so they do not clog

Creative Mish said...

What a fabulous valentine box! I love the little bare bummed angels! So cute!

Carla said...

Your boxes and cards are all gorgeous! Love the wings and the ball fringe-those are beautiful special touches. I ADORE those booklets! I actually have to force myself not to use them on every card I make! Seriously! I'm in danger of forgetting how to stamp!!

chelemom said...

Gorgeous box and gorgeous cards! I just used that lil cherub too! I also stamped his wings on vellum! : )

Karen Cheetham said...

Wowie! The Box, the Stickles, the Cards, I love it all! Your work is fantastic! I can't wait to get home today and get my Stickles hanging upside down! Any why stop at stickles? I am going to do the same with my thick adhesives and other bottles paints. Thanks for sharing!

Judy B said...

The pink and black combo is stunning...Just love it!!! I should try that soon!!!
And I have seen that video before and loved it so much ...great fun!!!

Cheri said...

Oh I am such a dork! I thought you must have loaded the picture of the Stickles upside down so I'm sitting here twisting my head around so I can look at it right side up when it dawns on me. . . oh, right! this is the cute storage idea!!!! Yikes! :-) What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it!

Elaine said...

This post is all of the best tied into one! Super box and cards (I can't get enough of that color combo)...cute puppy and OMG that dance link was incredible! Totally fun!

Elaine said...

This post is all of the best tied into one! Super box and cards (I can't get enough of that color combo)...cute puppy and OMG that dance link was incredible! Totally fun!

Scrappin Cheryl said...

LOVED this post! Your Valetines are so sweet, the Stickles storage is pure genious (I have been trying without much sucess to store them upside down) and the video was awesome! Thanks for everything that you do!