Sunday, February 15, 2009

Where do you find inspiration

I've always loved see inspiration in unusual places ..that's why I loved the inspiration blog while it was around. Sometimes all you have to do , is "look" a little closer at things.. and you'd be surprised at all the design inspiration you see.
---------------------------------------
Well the other day when we were sitting at moms doctors appointment.. I happen to notice the design on the bottom of my shoe. Now that perked my curiosity.. so I had to check out the shoe rack when I got home. ... You better go check your closet.. because I found some pretty cool patterns.

I was inspired by the second one from the left.. the flower pattern. I was inspired enough by it to "use it" litterally to create something.


I stamped with it , to make the background for this card. Yep,... I just inked up the patterned on the bottom of the shoe and stamped with it. *( if you do this... just use a water based ink so it will wipe right off)
It's just a simple card..but you get the idea. The darling Dear stamp is from Pink Persimmon.


*****No cute shoes were harmed in the making of this card.*****

I wanted to make a little brown center for the flowers.. so I keeping with the idea of using a "non traditional" object to stamp with ... I cut a pattern in the eraser on the end of my pencil..using my exacto knife.


l .. geezzz.. the title of this post , should have been , "Crafting on a budget" lol
Just a little challenge to you to look around you ,and see inspiration in everyday things.


You just might be suprised what you "really" see.

19 comments:

{pam} said...

how stinkin' cool that you stamped with the bottom of your shoe . . . and it looks awesome!!! off to look at the bottom of the shoes in my house!

mE said...

OOooh You are SO CREATIVE! I love that card! So glad I found your blog through Fiskateers.. I'm checking out all your cool creations and really diggin that ribbon spool album!

Inky Smiles
Erin G.
Fiskateer #1798

Ali said...

Ooooh Vicki, that is SO true re: imspiration! I find a LOT of mine comes from songs. :O) Loved the soles-of-shoes pic! WOW: they really are "beautiful".

And what a "deer" card! Sweet!

Tami B. said...

You are a crafting genius. Absolutely inspired. Thanks for sharing.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Wow! You have some cute shoes! Mine are all boring, blah ones...no fancy bottoms! Your card is great and I love the little flower centers! You rock, Vic!!

Karen Cheetham said...

Awesome! The design, colors, and original stamps are a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

Ummmmm, you're brilliant!!!

Robin said...

OMG! Love what you did with your shoe! I would have gone for the flower print too! Great idea to use a pencil eraser for your center...you are sooo clever my dear!!

chelemom said...

Such a cute card!!!

rose said...

oh ROFLMBO, I have heard it all from you now!,What a great source of inspiration you are and such a cool idea, love what you created with your heart and sole!

Susan said...

VERY clever! And I love that you carved your own stamp in your pencil eraser. The card turned out great too.
Susan

Vicki said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! I love that you used your shoe sole as a stamp! The card is awesome!

happiness blooms said...

Man, you crack me up! I sooo want to climb into your head, just for a day! Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!!!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

how adorable? and shoes?? i would never thought of that.. you're a genius.

stampqueen said...

I guess I need to go buy some 'stampin shoes' - none of mine have any cute patterns....What an awsome idea though!!!! I also love the canvus you did with the picture of your Grandma, Mom, Uncle ands Aunts !!!

Elaine said...

What a fun way to find inspiration! I love the deer card and your creative stamp -- super budget saver! ;-)

MJ said...

I periodically comment that I wish you were closer so that you could just do scrapbook pages for me. I just wanted you to know that my shoes are relieved you are far away...

Tina said...

I love it!!!

maggiegracecreates said...

Too funny - go look at my comments about shoes here - http://maggiegracecreates.blogspot.com/2008/10/really-important-life-questions.html

those kids are quite often very inspiring to me.