Monday, March 09, 2009

Crafty Secrets/Tattered Angels MARCH MIX

Today's the 2nd Monday of Crafty Secrets /Tattered Angels March Mix. Each Monday a different group of girls from the two Design Teams will be posting their Creations made using a combination of products from both manufactures.

It's been so fun to have the two teams working together, and see all the beautiful projects.



Here is the project I did, combining products from Crafty Secrets and Tattered Angels.

The album from Tattered Angels.

Glimmer Mist and "Glimmer Chips" (embossed Chipboard pieces), from Tattered Angels



Images from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.

Clear Art Stamps from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage..


I love taking photos of my flowers , so it was great to be able to use them in this album.



I rarely use really bright colors..but I started spraying these gorgeous colors on this book, and just loved the look.


The colors blend so well and you can get so many different looks depending on what effect you are wanted to achieve.


This is done using "Glimmer Screens".. beautiful stencil pieces Tattered Angels sells.





I wish I would have taken a close up of the little bird stamp down at the bottom, because it's just adorable. It's the cutest little chubby bird! I stamped it twice , and cut out the top one, adding it to the page with foam pieces so it's slightly raised.



The little scalloped border you see along the edge of the photo on the right , is from the "Journal Notes" stamp set.



I also used stamps from the "Fairyland" and "Botanicals" Clear Art stamp sets from CS.
Some of these images are the band new "Creative Scraps". You can see them all HERE.


And fence and gate are also done using a "Glimmer Screen". Cute huh? Both these companies just keep coming out with amazing new products !


Below- stamps from the "Botanical" set.

I love that all these Glimmer Chips are self adhesive! Just peel and stick!


It was a fun book to make, I really enjoyed it.

HERE are the other Talented girls that will be posting their projects TODAY
Below is a list with links to the blogs of the other girls on both teams if you would like to stop by and check out their beautiful blogs.


_____
Huge thanks to Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage and Tattered Angels for always giving us Beautiful products to work with!

26 comments:

chelemom said...

LOVE this gorgeous book!! (I think you forgot me on your list.....: ) )

Tasha said...

Wow this album is so beautiful, and so are your flowers
love tasha xx

inkyheart said...

Beyond gorgeous as usual. I love the color wash effects you got with the Glimmer Mist. And the stamps coordinated so beautifully around the iron gate screening. Brava!

Pam said...

OH MY WORD!
You are AMAZING, my friend, whoa....

cheryl McAdam said...

Absolutely beautiful book as usual!

Melissa said...

Ohhhh how beautiful Vicki! Sigh....love all of those juicy, springy colors...amazing!
Melissa

Little GTO said...

Wow! What a beautiful album. I thank you for the great idea. My hubby is quite the gardener and has some lovely pix of flowers. I shall fearlessly snag your wonderful idea and use it. I'm so bad!?!
Sharon

rose said...

oh wow love this Album ,love the flowers abd the colors are really bright makes me think bring on spring and lemonade!

3busybs said...

wow! love the colors. I have tried a few times to use Glimmer Mist and have failed miserably each time. You are so talented.

~Aimee

Linda Barutha said...

Can you come over and grow me a beautiful flower garden??? I have anything but a green thumb, but I LOVE flowers. Your book is beautiful! Very inspirational -- TFS:)

Jessica said...

Wow, Vicki, your book is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you blend the glimmer mist colors. I especially love the fence and gate screen.

janel said...

So beautiful!
A treat!

Marisa said...

Wow Vicki, you have outdone yourself. This Garden Journal is just fantastic. Love how you displayed different ways of using the glimmer mist and TA products together with Crafty Secrets. Great job.

Creative Mish said...

Wow! This book is amazing! I love the shades of Glimmer mist and how they flow into each other. Very nice!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Vic, what a beautiful book! I love the bright colors and the blending of them!!

Charmingdesigns said...

This is SOOOOO beautiful! Laurie

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Your book is stunning!! I absolutely love the pic of the squirrel drinking from the bird bath!

Ali said...

WOW Vicki-- this is GORGEOUS bwyond words. I LOVE it. What a great idea to do a Garden Journal. Those glimmer chips and Glimmer screens are da bomb.

WOW, awesome, thank you for sharing this with us. It is just scrumptious! LOL!

stampqueen said...

Great project!!! I just got some glimmer screens and more glimmer mist - noe need to find time to play with them!!!!

Toni K said...

This is gorgeous! Love everything!

Heidi Blankenship said...

WOW!!!!! Vicki, this is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! OMGosh you sure can do amazing work with the Glimmer Mist!! I love how you used so many colors and the pictures of your flowers are very beautiful too!!

Country Liv . . . said...

Glorious little album, Vic! The color combos are awesome and I love how you used the butterflies on the page edges. Your photos are so professional too!
I went and visited Melissa Phillips' project; she is one of my all time favorite designers! I've tried and tried to scraplift both of you to my advantage but I just cannot make it happen like y'all!
Hope today is a good day.
Liv

Jane Wetzel said...

Thanks so much for showing this book! I just recently purchased the tattered angels stuff myself and was thinking of something similar so you have me all excited!! This is gorgeous!! :)

Nancy J. said...

Your garden journal is absolutely GEORGEOUS!!! But everything I've seen you do is amazing!!!. I'm fairly new to your site but I am in utter awe of your talent. Wow!!

TattingChic said...

What a beautiful book! I can't believe how behind I am on visiting my favorite blogs! So many fabulous posts you've had this last week! I can't get over this gorgeous journal! :)

Anonymous said...

That is the most gorgeous hand made book I have ever seen, you did a fantastic job. It just calmed me down looking at it. Made me want to daydream....

queenmarcyoriginals@typepad.com