Monday, March 16, 2009

Scrappy Gourmet kit / and Crafty Secrets* Tattered Angels March Mix

Happy Monday Everyone! Hope you had a great weekend.
Today is the third week of the Crafty Secrets/Tattered Angels March Mix. These are the girls who created projects for this week... be sure to pop over to their blogs to see the pretties.
Marisa Grosson
Huge thanks to....
***********************************************************************
And........ an update...




For those of you who might be interested this kit is now available at Scrappy Gourmet.
You can find out more about it HERE.






Kit ingredients include: 1 Melissa Frances paper mache box with 6 panel fold out album; 1 Crafty Secrets Girl Time Cotton Scraps, 1 Crafty Secrets Girlfriends Image & Journal Notes Notepad (32 pages with femine retro images); 1 Kaiser Craft black rhinestones pack; 1 7-Gypsies Clear Crystal Knob; 6.5 sheets of patterned paper from 7-Gypsies, Creative Imaginations, Mustard Moon, Daisy D's and Pink Paislee; 1 black cardstock; Prima Alpha Stamp Stickers; 1 large manilla tag; 6 Kaiser Craft white cards and envelopes; nearly 4 yards of ribbon and lace; buttons and more to create the project and cards as shown. Plus, you end up with lots of extras for more cards and fun.




______________________________________________________




It was great weather here this weekend! Dan spent some time at the cabin, and enjoyed that. Other than dinner with Kate and Jarad Friday night, I've pretty much been inside working on classes this week.I've hardly been out, so Sunday afternoon, I took a little drive, just me , my CD player.. and of course my camera. Everything is still just really, "brown".. ha,.. so I didn't take many photos .. just enjoyed the drive. ( and the music of course)





Just a couple of photos. For some reason , that old abandon house (below), really intrigues me. I see places like that , and think about the history they have, wonder who lived there, and how what an amazing home it probably was when it was first built. Oh.. if wall could talk. I often see old abandon farmsteads and wonder what they looked like in their prime. Wouldn't it be something to see!

The next two photo are for Tabitha's Photography Challenge.

Here's the challenge for last week.

All about angles. Can be the angle of your camera position or the subject itself, interpretation is up to you.


This one is looking down through some fire escape steps to the concrete below. ( didn't want to leave you wondering.) ha




Hope your week is off to a great start!



8 comments:

Linda Barutha said...

Cool kit! It really was a beautiful weekend:)

Gail S. said...

Great kit and loved your photos! It was a great day today (and the weekend) Do you have lots of geese where you live? We have LOTS here in Central Nebraska!

harrahx2 said...

I am ordering the kit as we speak. It is beautiful and if I have any problem, I know who to contact! Great pictures and when I looked at the farmhouse, I could actually "hear the voices" and "see 7 children in various stages of growth, playing catch! It's great when a picture speaks to you.

Jane Wetzel said...

LOVE this and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pics! My dh has alot of old fam history in southern oh and we do the same when we visit down there...it is so cool to find out who lived there and etc...tfs!

Pattyjo said...

It is so beautiful isn't it? It looks so much like taking a drive here. I love Valleyford with the rolling hills and country and your scenery is just like that too.
Pattyjo :-)

Tabitha W. said...

i loved your challenge photos! but i really love that abandoned house shot! i too am intrigued by old house and buildings, so many stories and secrets.

TattingChic said...

Oh, I am sooooooo loving the pink and black theme of those scrappin' goodies!

Those old house photos are beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your website via a visit to Crafty Secrets site not too long ago....I love leaving your site up while I am in my craft room - for inspiration, for music, for fun! Thanks for sharing yourself and your ART!
Smiles,
Jill Norwood - Seattle, Washington