Friday, March 13, 2009

TECC # 59

I choose to do a hanging layout project for Taylors Sketch today, instead of a card. That's what I love about Taylors Sketchs..they can easily be adapted for either.
I did this on a clear acrylic piece from AccuCut and cut with an AccuCut die. R1045

**Please click to see it larger**


Here's Taylors sketch. I used this lace KI paper inside the circle.. so that you'd be able to see through the clear places.



The butterfly is a Heidi Swapp Ghost piece with a patterned paper butterfly behind it , that I cute, using the acrylic one as a pattern.


Above, you can see the fun edge on this die. It's one of my very favorites.

The photo of sweet little Ara, was taken by my sister Jan.

The papers are Cosmo Cricket (Girl Friday).





This weeks Featured cupcake sampler is Jessie Rone be sure to stop over to her blog to see her creation with Taylors Sketch.



You also wont want to miss what the CupCake crew has in store for you this week. These girls always just knock my socks off! Amazingly talented.











______________________________________________


The crazy squirrels keep taunting my poor pooches!


They are fearless I tell ya.. fearless! They just come clear down to the base of the tree and chatter at the dogs incessantly. One of these days.....



Dan had let the dogs out, while I was up here working. I knocked on the window and scared Molly and made her hop! tee hee She couldn't figure out where I was . Check out the look on her face.



I better quit teasing my pooch and get back to work huh?


Happy Friday!

16 comments:

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh, bless poor Molly! Bad Momma, scaring her like that! LOL! I see you have the black squirrels; remember my gray squirrels that decided to live with me? Ugh! I used to love the little critters until that happened.
Love the hanging! Now I want to redo mine . . . yours is scrumptious!
About that wedding dress: How long did it take your elves to whip up that intricate piece? My word!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Kim is doing better.
Love,
Liv

Jami said...

Wow Vicki - I mean WOW - that is really incredible! Love it!


Oh and funny about the squirrels and the dogs !

Lynn Mercurio said...

Stunning layout Vicki, and such a precious little girl. The colors you chose are such a wonderful compliment to the photo. Love all the special details...those buttons are just too cute!

Jackie Pedro said...

OMWord, Vicki!! This page is fantastic!!!! Love the ribbon!!

Sherrie said...

What a sweet photo Vicki! Love how you made this more than just a card...all the details are precious too!

Sankari W. said...

Oh my goodness!!! What an amazing layout and those papers are gorgeous!! I just kept looking and savoring all those beautiful details!!! WOW!!! and what a beautiful picture and sentiment too!!!

Best wishes,
Sankari :)

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is just beyond stunning!!! I just want to keep staring at this!!

Donna said...

I love that you made a scrapbook page! the filigree circle is beautiful. cute little girl

Karen Giron said...

What a darling page! I love it!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great page! Love the colors, the pretty butterfly, the cute picture! TFS!

Donna said...

This is a stunning page - great colours too!

Creative Mish said...

Happy Friday! What a beautiful creation! I love the Ghost piece!
The critters always tease my Tanner also.. Especially this time of year as they start showing their faces again!

Melissa said...

Sweet as can be Vicki! Love this so much!
Melis

Elaine said...

Your hanging card is a work of art! I love so many things about it! From the lacy background to the butterfly, the sweet buttons, great scalloped edge with cut outs and of course your niece's sweet picture!
About the dog....our place is much the same way with squirrels -they're so intent on finding the critters they startle at almost anything! lol!

Susan said...

Darling project! I love how you layered it on the clear piece.
Susan

chelemom said...

This LO is absolutely gorgeous! Love the circle cut out in the center with the laser cut behind it!