Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Garden Girl

I needed to work on something cheery and bright today. I couldn't wait to start doing something with some the pictures of the kids from Easter. Here's Kirstyn with your garden hat , gloves and boots on. What a little cutie she is.



I used images from the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage "Creative Scraps" GARDEN
The chipboard pieces and the red gingham paper is also from Crafty Secrets.

I've had that little unfinished fencing laying around for some time now, so I decided to give it a quick brush of white paint and use it.

***********************************************************

I try to blog most everyday, but sometimes when sad things happen, it's hard for me to feel like it. I don't want to make everyone else feel sad..but.. , but... on the other hand.. I just cant bring myself to carry on about "the latest and greatest goodies in the scrapbook world" when my heart is hurting for people I love. Yesterday my long time friend Lorrie's husband Greg, passed away after a battle with pneumonia. It happened so quickly, I think everyone is still in shock. Greg was a good man. I had the privilege of standing as Lorries maid of honor the day they got married. They were the love of each others lives. My heart is just breaking for her. Not only are his friends and family going to miss him.. but this entire communitymost certainly will.



Today was a beautiful day outside, as I was driving into Fremont I thought.. how can it be such a beautiful day, and still be so sad. I remember so clearly how I felt the day I learned my dad had passed way. (back in 1982) We were stopped at a red light on our way to be with the family.. . ( It was winter..but a unseasonably nice sunny day. I looked over at the car next to us.. and saw them laughing and singing to the radio. I thought to myself.. "Dont they know?"

When devastating things happen in our lives , it seems the world should come to a screeching halt...

but it just doesn't. Life goes on ... it has too.


I looked at this tree all full of it's Spring buds as I drove the road home, and the sun was going down.


A new season is approaching. Tomorrow is a new day.

I just hope it's a day that brings some comfort to Lorrie ,Ashley, the Justus and Chamberlain familys. Please keep them in your prayers.
Thankyou friends.


I'll try to be a happier blogger next time. Thanks for listening.

23 comments:

Elaine said...

Vicki, I am so sorry for the loss of your good friend. Memories are strong and you will always have them - keep them in your heart along with prayers for his wife. He must have been an amazing man for you to write about him from your heart. Hugs, Elaine

Michelle Granger said...

Vicki I am sorry for not only your friends loss, but for yours as well. Lifelong friendships are just another form of family. You are right, life does go on and sometimes that doesn't seem fair, but I know when I see you in a few weeks I will give you a GREAT BIG HUG!!!

Kara Ward said...

Life isn't always roses and it doesn't always make sense. But, please know that we love you and are deeply sorry for the loss you are going through. It matters most how we treat people when they are alive...we just don't know how long we have with anyone! Hugs and prayers-Kara

Micki said...

Vicki, my heart goes out to you. You are such a great blogger but I know what you mean about not blogging when there are painful events in your life. I'm glad that you blogged regardless and please don't apologize for being a sad blogger (if that makes sense). Like you said, this is life. The good as well as the bad and I tend to feel closer to bloggers that share both - it makes them real, living in the same world I do. Geez, hope I made sense. My heart goes out to you, your friend & family. Lots of love & cyber hugs.
Micki

Linda B said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is just so sad. I know what you mean though -- this week was the 4th anniversary of my Grandmother's death. She has pretty much been on my mind all week. I will say a prayer for your friend.

jules p said...

I am so sorry for the sadness you are feeling. And for the loss of your friend's husband. We will keep them and you in our prayers.

Thanks for sharing. I hope it made you feel better.

Country Liv . . . said...

Awe, Vic. I'm sorry for your loss as well as the family's. I'm sure this has devastated his wife. As a police officer's wife she probably never thought he'd pass like this after all the worrying she's done over the years. Thank goodness she has a friend such as you. I know exactly what you mean about 'why?' is everyone going along as if nothing has happened; it's a hard road to come back from. My prayers are with you all.
Love,
Liv

Catherine said...

Vic so sorry to hear about your friend, I know that you will be a great support for her during such a sad change in her life! Sending big hugs your way!! xox.

Bev said...

Vicki,
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It's never easy. Please let your friend know (and you as well) that you are in our thoughts.
Hope for a better day tomorrow...
Bev

Elly said...

I was reading your post with mixed feelings. The loss of your friend is so sad, I understand you want the world to stand still, but for other people life goes on, it seems so unfair. It must be so hard to loose someone so close to your heart.
The other feeling was a feeling of joy, looking at your beautiful l.o.! That one is happiness! So bright and colorful!
I hope you understand my words, it's hard to express your feelings in another language!
Hugs, Elly

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, my heart hurts for you. I just can't imagine what is going on in this world. It is too crazy. I know that posting must have been hard for you today. Your page was lovely and that little girl is darling and I just hurt for you and your friends. In Maryland, we have had so many crazy things going on, a father killing his wife and three children and then himself, another father killing his wife and two daughters while they were visiting one of the daughters at college? What are we coming to? Times are tough but Please know, you always have friends around you. You give so much on your blog every day! Sending you hugs and love!

chelemom said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My heart goes out to you and his family. Hugs!

stampqueen said...

I know what you mean - I still call my Mom every year on my Dad's birthday and on the Anniversary of when he died and its been 28 years...
Hugs and Prayers!!!!

Charlene said...

So sorry to hear the news of your friends passing. It is sooooooo hard to loose those we love. We just have to focus on the blessings of having them in our lives for the short time we have them. Really... how long is enough? Never enough! Wither it is 5 minutes, 5 years, 50 or 100... it is never enough when you love them. HUGS

MJ said...

Vicki, I'm sorry to read about your friend.

Don't feel you always have to deliver a happy post or a creative post. (I certainly don't have that obligation on myself so how can I expect differently from others?)

You and your friend are in my thoughts...

Donna Baker said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend's husband, it's so tragic. I agree that the world should halt when bad things happen, but it goes on. We're not alone in the losses though, everyone goes through them at different times and of different things, it's the circle of life. {{{hugs}}}

pinkkandy said...

I happened across your blog today and am so sorry for you and your friend....when you were talking about pulling up to a car and everyone was laughing and living...that hit home to me...I felt that way the day I had to leave the hospital without my baby boy...people were just driving and going to their safe homes...and I was going home to a place full of sadness....I pray for you and your friend right now ..that God will help as the days go by...
God Bless you
Kandy

DeniseLynn said...

Oh Vicki, I am right there with you ... all those years ago when folks in the truck were laughing and singing and you were left wondering "don't they know". My very dear friend passed away last month and I am still in a daze. {so muchso that I don't think I've vistied your blog in weeks!} I am so sorry for your friends devasting loss. I will lift Lorrie and her entire family in prayer. I will also lift you in prayer as you nurse your own heart and has you help your friend in this aweful time of heartache and grief. Blessings to you friend!

becky said...

so sorry vic. what a week, huh?

TattingChic said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of a dear friend.

Your Garden Girl project is absolutely darling! :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh Vicki I'm so sorry to hear of this devestating news!! Sorry I'm so late in commenting too. The sun is shining here at the Cleveland Clinic and I'm hoping it is shining a little today for you and your family!! I will keep them in my prayers!!!

Cindy said...

Hi Vicki!

Big hugs from me! I'm so sorry about you and your friend's loss! Thank you for sharing with us and just know that all of you are loved.

Ali said...

Oh Vicki, I am **SO Sorry** honey. My prayes fdoer the families. I am thinking of your heart too. ((HUGZ))-Ali