Monday, April 20, 2009

Making use of old jars again

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. Busy weekend around here, just getting odds and ends done. With Spring like weather ( finally).. I'm feeling like going through things and cleaning out.
I've been on this kick of using old jars for new things. They don't have to be fancy jars and vintage, .. none of these are. Feels good to make something pretty out of them, instead of throwing them away. Something as simple as a spaghetti jar, or old candle jar, can be something usable. Even something pretty to use as a gift.
I used the new Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets on all of these to dress them up.
You can see them all here.

These images are so fun.
This was just a spaghetti sauce jar


and this was a recycled candle jar.. I dressed up and filled with bath salts.

Like I said .. I love the idea of using something that would have otherwise just been thrown away. These were so quick and easy to do. Look around and see what you can reuse.
Have fun!

13 comments:

Linda B said...

I tend to do the same;) Fun!

harrahx2 said...

Wow, love the jars. I just went to the Offray Ribbon outlet in Hagerstown, Md and got huge amounts of ribbon. Lots of fun and cheap! Now, I need to use them to make some projects, like jars!

Allison said...

Love these!

stampqueen said...

LOVING the jars - with my addiction to glass bottles this post could be a serious event for me (akkk I have no more room!!!! LOL) I have tons of candle jars - will have to make up some bath salts ....Great idea!!!!

Susan said...

Your jars look beautiful - just in time for Earth Day!
Susan

Bev said...

These are cute! Did you use decopage to adhear the labels? And where did you find those cute utensil charms??

TFS!!

Carla said...

These are super! I hate to throw glass out-it's so pretty!!

Pam said...

Love these Vicki! A fun way to use the Creative Scraps, they'd make good packaging for gifts!!

Karen Cheetham said...

How beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a wonderful idea and how fantastic they all look!! GREAT thinking ... tfs

Deb Neerman said...

Simply. Gorgeous! Love 'em ... you're soooooooo clever!

Kara Ward said...

I collect jars like I collect shoes...it is an obsession for sure. Love what you did with these!

Louloupi said...

So cute ....I love it .....

Louloupi from France

;-)