Sunday, May 17, 2009

Altered Frame

I thought I'd share these (Dollar Tree) Dollar Frames I've been altering. They are just plastic..but pretty cool. I popped the mirror out and spray painted the frames ivory.

The paper , image and chipboard pieces are all Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.

This image is from the "Birds and Botanicals" Image and Journal Book.
This is what the back looks like. See... lightweight.

Today is a nice day.. so I'm keepin this post short, so I can get outside and work in my flower beds. Lots of clean up to do before I think about adding any plants.
Off to play in the dirt.
Have a great day!



13 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Sounds like someone had a nice, relaxing week-end! And a good hunt too. You showed marvelous restraint.

MJ said...

This post almost resulted in me rescuing the former basement bathroom mirror from the "charity box". Almost is the critical word. It is too big. However the laundry room mirror? Ahhhh.... Got me thinking!

Catherine said...

gorgeous....stunning....LOVE them with a capital L!! Enjoy what's left of your weekend!! xox.

Tonje said...

Great looking frames! Hope you have had a great day in your garden!

Charlene said...

I love your little pictures. And you know what... light weight light priced is GREAT! You did a super job on these. Thanks for sharing.

Ellen said...

Ohhh this is so beautiful, I love this frame. Thanks for sharing !!

Linda B said...

Gotta love those dollar gems:)

stampqueen said...

Jazzy cute (that's New Orleans style talk... :). Makes me want to go to the dollar store.....wonder if my GPS can find me one here....

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is amazing ... you are so creative!!

TattingChic said...

What a beautiful frame! I love the embellishments! So lovely with that bird's nest!

Jessica said...

No one could ever guess that came from the Dollar store now! It's gorgeous!

Nat said...

oh these are so amazing. You are doing such wonderful things with them!

Joyce said...

This is so lovely. How interesting that you used a $1. frame from the Dollar Tree. Cute project.