Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A great day for the Park

Some days , you just gotta day the day off and play. Today was the day. Griff and I took a picnic to the park.. and had us some fun.

Oh.. btw.. (as seen in photo below).. when going to play at the park, you do not have to wear makeup or fix your hair. lol ( so says I)

I thought it was time the Griff have his first Sonic Cherry Limeade also. He was especially excited when I gave up my marishino cherry to him.. and that there were Limes in his drink. We had a long conversation about Limes. He said " Are they spicy?"... I was trying to explain "sour" not "spicy".... after tasting it.. I think he gets it how.

(Why didn't I have the camera ready then?) lol

After stopping at the $ store .. we found some fun stuff to play with in the sand.

Isn't he getting tall?

This kids facial expressions always crack me up!


Baby Halle stayed home with her momma...but I had to bring in this little hat I dressed up , to have her model it.
The photos are a bit blurry..but I had to share them. She is so "Smiley". And boy her looks are really changing too. I couldn't believe how much.


The had was just plain pink with nothing on it. I found it ... (again) at the $ store. I used one of the Baby Girl Cotton Scraps from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.. and stitched it on the font. Then I stitched pom pom trim around the brim. I topped it off with an over all Spritz of Pearl Glimmer Mist. (I wish you could see the Glimmer Mist in these photos.. it looks great on fabric. .. as long as it's something your not planning to have to wash)


What a little doll.
Next year.. she'll be ready to go to the park with us I bet.

When I pulled up today to pick G up , he was standing on the front porch with the door open. I think he was ready to go. ha
Oh..the other thing we did was ..check out the "Farm Store". He wanted to so bad , I just couldn't say no. Man.. I'm convinced this little guy knows the name of every piece of farm equipment ever made. Impressive!


I have no idea what this thing is.. that was inside the building ..but it cracked me up that he wouldn't let me take a picture until he was seat belted in.
Safety first! lol


Okay.. that's pretty much how the day went today. Tomorrow the "Artsy girls" are coming out.. so I'm looking forward to that also.
Not sure what we'll make yet..but it's always a fun day!

11 comments:

Catherine said...

AAAAAwwwwww, he's such a cutie! Reminds me of Ian when he was that age! Have fun with your artsy girls tomorrow, wish I was there instead of where I'm goin.......

Paben said...

Well it looks like you 2 had A fun day!I can't believe I mjssed that Venice flea Market again,Ron did mention it ,but I forgot about it!LOL! Not meant to be!

Precious Treasures said...

That hat is so cute!

Kara Ward said...

Darling kids and beautiful day. The hat just makes me smile ear to ear. I would wear it for sure. It is pink! What a lovely day! My babes are out of school on Friday. We have made a on-going list of things we want to do. I love having them home and look forward to school being out every year!

Tam, I am said...

A perfect day!! Looks like you two had a blast!!!

janel said...

What a perfect day! Great take on that sweet pink hat...love the Crafty fabric embellishments. Have a great time with the crafty girls...know you will have a wonderful time.

Staci said...

1. Where's the Sonic?? I wish we had one in Columbus. I love Diet Cherry Limeades. 2. When is the Venice flea market? I have never heard of it. Sounds like the kind of place I would love to go to. 3. The last picture...we call that a Gator.

Linda B said...

What a cutie! Love the hat:)

DeniseLynn said...

Oh such crazy cute kids!!! And don't they just grow so fast!

Charlene said...

So glad you came by to sign up for the Give Away! Hope you win! Looks like you had a great day playing with the kids! Isn't it nice to play, spoil & go home!!!! I love it!

Debbie K. said...

Such cute pictures Vicki! The hat is adorable. You put special touches on everything you create :)