Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some things I enjoyed today

Although it was overcast here today... just taking a walk around the yard with the pups was still so enjoyable.

Sometimes when I'm looking at things to take photos of .. its the small things that usually go unnoticed that can be the most beautiful. Something about having your camera in hand.. helps you notice things you might have originally overlooked.
Look at the inside of this opening peonies. I didn't photoshop any of the colors..that's just nature in all its glory!

It was a bit sad to find this sweet little egg that had probably been thrown from the next with all this crazy wind we've been having. Not sure what kind it is? It's kind of light pinkish. I was asking Dan , what he thought it was , and he looks at me (totally with a serious face) and says... "Probably... a Pink nosed Thrush" I took one look at the serious look on his face when he said that , and about laughed my head off!
Since when do birds have NOSES??? lol
The ditch on both sides of the road is just lavender as far as you can see.

I love seeing all my flowers starting to bloom. I planted some new things last year.. it's fun to see them coming up for the first time this year.

I swore when we moved to the country ..the first thing I was going to do , was plant a lilac bush. I wanted to be able to open my kitchen window and smell the lilacs when they were blooming. ( remember this conversation Pam?).
I did just that... and now I'm enjoying it.

Mom and I are heading off to Omaha to her eye doctor appointment. She has been having good reports the last few times so we hope that continues.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Thanks for letting me share what I saw today .

10 comments:

Tam, I am said...

Beautiful pictures! I love spring when everything is blooming!!

MJ said...

Gorgeous photos! I am experiencing flower-envy! Only a few tulips have emerged here! I'm hoping to plant some annuals today!

Linda B said...

Love your pictures! My #1 fav every spring is the smell of lilacs:) BTW, my copy of Altered Arts Mag came yesterday, and after paging through all of it, guess whose project was my favorite? Yep, it was yours! Very cool:)

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I like the thought of a pink nosed birdie!!

chelemom said...

Gorgeous pics! I love this time of the year!

janel said...

Oh, I can smell the lilacs from here! Love lilacs..and when I was growing up I lived on Lilac street...Beautiful photos, and I know just what you mean about seeing the little things..one of the things I love about photography. Have a good weekend, and give your mom and extra hug.

stampqueen said...

Flower envy is right - I LOVE Peonys and Lilacs but neither will grow here. We had a brief 2 hrs at Moms this last weekend and her peonys are awsome - she had 3 different colors blooming, and iris too - I didn't get any pics though as we were talking too much while we were wandering around her garden and flower beds....

DeniseLynn said...

Oh such lovely photos! My new family room color is in that leaf with all the dew drops ... green with a tinge of blue showing through. And that peony - oh I can almost smell it now. Thanks for sharing and glad to hear your mom is doing well too.

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful blooms....my peonies haven't even started to think about blooming - usually toward the 3rd week of June i'll have some.....and the yellow yarrow - I just love that! Hope you have fun in Omaha....xox...miss you~!

tina said...

absolutely gorgeous! I love that egg picture.

If we get to the arlington area this weekend, i'll be sure to come by the show! thanks for the heads up!