Monday, May 25, 2009

Tattered Angels/Cosmo Cricket Blog Relay

With it being a Holiday.. silly me.. I almost forgot it's Monday and also my day to post my project for the Tattered Angels/Cosmo Cricket Blog relay. eekk

But..thankfully, I came to may senses and ... .. here I am. lol

Below is my layout , using both products. ( you can click to see it closer)


What I did for my Glimmer Misted (orange) background, was , lay down a round scalloped piece of paper first ( mine was cut with an AccuCut die). I used it as my stencil by spraying my Glimmer Mist over it, and when I picked it up... I had my scalloped design to work with.


I then punched my circles to add to the inside of the scallops for the basis of my design.

There are so many things you can use to create patterns with Glimmer Mist. Things you probably already have around the house. You just have to think out of the box a bit. ( I love using bubble wrap for a cool pattern)



Other girls playing along in todays relay are ...

Liz Hicks (TA team) and Leah Killian (CC team) so be sure to check em out!
below TA and CC websites and blogs.. with all the info you might need.

Tattered Angels
Cosmo Cricket blog

*********************************************************
Yesterday was such a nice day, I'm just sorry that I got so caught up in visiting , that I really didnt take many photos. ( What??? I know) lol
It was the "Dunn" family reunion. ( my dads side of the family). It was a great day! Huge thanks to my cousin Becky for always going to so much work , lining this all up for us. We so appreciate it!
I was SO happy that my kids even made it!! I was not expecting Jarad and Kate to make it at all, because Jarad has been working SO many hours, so that was a real surprise. Wes was already in Norfolk, and he had been a groomsman in a wedding there this weekend.
So.. here's the fam
Like I said.. I was bad about taking photos.. the day just seemed to go by so fast.
But look at little sweetie Halle
That little bonnet , used to be her mommas.

Kirstyn was having a ball on the slide. She went for a walk with us and fed the ducks. She is a hoot!

Jarad and Kate.

I hated to see the day end!
I think my mom really enjoyed getting to see everyone. She was all smiles.
Hope all of you have enjoyed your Memorial Day Weekend!

Remembering all those who have served in our military and lost their lives so that we can enjoy these things.







10 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this layout! I love all the new lines from Cosmo, they are at the top of their game right now!! The Glimmer Mist was the perfect touch! Wonderful layout, Vicki!!!

janel said...

Oh how I love what you did with the glimmer...love that edge. What a darling layout! You were busy this weekend, and how neat that the family was able to be together. Life is good when the kids are around, huh? Love the FP layout too. Just darling!
Feels like Sunday here too...can't believe that tomorrow is Tuesday already!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

you have a beautiful family, chica! :D love that layout too!

Kara Ward said...

Such a sweet family....did you get new glasses. I love them. You are so darn cute! That baby is delicious! The Belle of the party!

harrahx2 said...

I love the glimmer mist. I have had it and never used it but find myself using it now! Nice photos and nice day. Thanks for sharing.

Charlene said...

Loved your page. And the sun glasses were a hoot. Have you ever looked through a kids sunglasses? I ask my grands "HOW can you even see out of these" everytime they wear a pair. Have a great week.

Julie said...

Your layout is darling! Love how you used Lil' Man!

Deb S. said...

oh vic what a wonderful picture of kirstyn!!! so so cute!!! love it! love the photo of you & your family too. ;)

Angela said...

Love the layout, Vicki, such fun, bright colors...did not know the TA glimmer mist came in this color...since I now follow your blog on reader, I've stopped commenting so often (sorry)...but I read every post and appreciate each inspirational piece of art!! Carry on!!

Anonymous said...

nice post
http://playcrick.blogspot.com/