Sunday, May 03, 2009

Weekend Classes

I'm typing as fast as I can , because... technology is fighting me this week. Dan is still formatting my computer and re installing everything... so I'm using the laptop. Simple enough right... um.. until the Internet provider started having problems!! grrr... I've been trying to post this since last night... start.. loose the connection , and it doesn't always "save" what I've already uploaded. SO frustrating! Other then that,the weekend was great! Teaching at Precious Treasures is always fun. Amy goes out of her way to make everyone feel so welcome. And.. her store.. well it's FILLED with such a huge variety of fun stuff.. we always have to come early or stay late.. so we can take it all in. ( and do a little shopping of course). ha

If your ever in a area.. be sure to stop and check it out. (Gretna outlet mall)She had a crop and classes all through the weekend. Jan and I did all ours on Saturday. ( Top half of the board). I made extra class kits this time so I'll have some of each of the class kits for sale.
I'll show them and tell more about it next week when I get back from MI, so if your interested, be sure to check back.

Everyone got in on the Glimmer Mist fun.


Glad someone had technology on their side. Amazing how with phones, facebook ect...
just take a photo and upload right from there. Cool huh (below)
The shadowbox below is another version just slightly different than the last shadow box class I taught.. (All still using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Products)


The girls had fun trying out different Glimmer Mist techniques.


And I think they were pretty happy with what they created. It was really fun to see everyone just enjoying the process... and using the techniques they learned and their own creativity to make so many beautiful things.

Total Creative Freedom...

Gotta love that! lol

_______________________________________________
Okay kids.. tomorrow I get ready to head for MI to teach for Tattered Angels at the Novi MI, Mega Meet.... so I'll be absent again for a bit. I promise I'll be back on blogging schedule come next week. Until then , hold down the fort , okay?

I'll Miss you guys!

13 comments:

Precious Treasures said...

I did not know you had extra kits. I want a kit for girlfriends and also the shadow box. I will also post a link off my blog to see if anyone else wants them.

TattingChic said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Love the messy hands! Glimmer mist looks like such a fun technique!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, you sound good, even without your regular computer. I can't imagine being without my puter....I would be too sad. Fill me in on your kits. Looking forward to hearing more. Sending smiles your way.

DeniseLynn said...

OH Vicki!! Michigan - really??! As you might remember, I am in Michigan and a little over 2 hours away from NOVI. I'm going to see if there is any way for me to come - I would love to meet you in person.

Micki said...

Oh Vicki..... I know your pain!!!!! That is soooo frustrating when ISP has issues, lol! Please please let me know next time you're teaching a class in Greta, I'd drive up for sure!!! Have a safe trip to MI!

Hugs

Creative Mish said...

It looks like you had alot of Fun!

Catherine said...

Looks like you had a wonderful glass, love that little shadowbox.
Hope you get your computer stuff figured out soon!!!! xox.

Ulrica... said...

Hallo

I`ts been a while since I stoped by, lovely works! You inspire me! =)

Have a nice day, hugs!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

love love love the photos of them playing with glimmer mists! my favorite thing!

MJ said...

I purchased my first Glimmer Mist stencil this week. I haven't had much success with it on chipboard so am looking for other uses. These photos encourage me to purchase more stencils!!

Hope your computer is cooperating soon!

chelemom said...

Just bought a bunch of Glimmer Mist stencils and have been misting just about everything! Have fun! Have a safe trip!

Paben said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun!I love going to Precious Treasures!She has such a fun and unusual bunch of things to choose from!You all should check out her site!

DeniseLynn said...

So bummed that I could not make it to Novi!!! Sometimes the busy life of a mom to little boys can be so frustrating. Oh but there's always next year {God willing}. *smile* I hope you had fun and that the Michigan glas treated you well. Happy Mother's Day Vicki!!