Friday, June 19, 2009

TECC 73

Well, another Stormy night , here in Nebraska.. so you know what that means..
Not much sleep for me! My big dog is a big baby.. geezzzz
Yesterday was a busy but fun day. Started the day with lunch with Becky..(that time went by .. way to fast) Always seems like we could talk for hours. ( we could , I'm sure!). After that I helped Amy with putting things away at her new store for a few hours in the afternoon. ( have I mentioned.. I'm SO excited about having this amazing new Scrapbook store in Fremont???) ... only about a million times ... lol When I left Amy's, I picked mom up and her and I went for a little drive, and then to dinner. I had such a nice day! ( oh.. and the sun was shining!)

****************************************************
Today is Friday.. so that means it's a TECC challenge from Taylor.
Below is this weeks sketch.


I decided to do a layout ... so I flipped the sketch .. and came up with this.
The photo is of Dan and some of his siblings ( yep... one more came along later), after a little fishing. Dan is the second one in from the left.


I used the "Fishing Buds" stamp set from Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps.
Papers are "Crate".



This weeks Cupcake Sampler is Rachel Sztonyk
and..

You wont want to miss seeing creations from the rest of the cupcake crew..



I decided I'd share some more of my favorite photos from last weekend.

Kate.. getting some love from Molly. lol



The next photos are from an old run down building just down the road a bit from the cabin. I love that there is just this one wall standing on this section of the building. This photo is looking through it towards the field...


and this one ..looking through it towards the river. I have taken so many photos through this old window view.. I'll be sad when it's not there anymore.


I love this old door ( it goes to the other part of the building ..that actually HAS walls) lol


Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend ...as do the fathers in your lives!

I miss my dad everyday... even though he's been gone for 23 years now.... whether it's Fathers Day or any other day... he'll always be "Worlds best Dad" to me!

this picture is "SO" my dad. lol I know I've posted this photo before.. but it's just one of my very favorites. ( I think the Styrofoam piece was from a microwave they had gotten as a gift ( it was Christmas Eve) . Leave it to Dad to hold it up as a frame... lol) Like I said.. it's is just so something my dad would do..
What a character.... always!
I love it!

11 comments:

Linda B said...

Great pictures. Enjoy your father's day:)

Jami said...

Vicki your layout is wonderful - great way to use the sketch. And TFS the photos - so fun!

Taylor said...

What fun memories, Vicki! I love that picture of your dad too... the styrofoam frame is so funny!

Stephanie Hargis said...

I LOVE your layout Vicki! It's just fabulous! :D I must tell you that I absolutely loved looking at your pictures too! Pictures like those just make my day so much better! Thanks for sharing them with us!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a great post. Love the picture of your Mom and Dad (you get "it" from him)Hope you are doing well over there in Nebraska, sweetie!
xo Lidy

Monika/Buzsy said...

Famulous! Love the way you used the sketch... and the embellishment! DH loves fishing. TFS!
Great pictures! Love looking at odd things.

Jane Wetzel said...

Vickie..the name of your blog is so appropriate...YOUR blog makes ME happy!! I always love your cards and your pics...I REALLY SMILE when I am looking at your blog...TFS! God Bless.... :)

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, I see where you got the artistic ideas! Your dad was way ahead of you. I love the picture looking through the window at the stream. So serene. Very talented and that page layout is fantastic.

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, I see where you got the artistic ideas! Your dad was way ahead of you. I love the picture looking through the window at the stream. So serene. Very talented and that page layout is fantastic.

Pattyjo said...

I know what you mean Vickie.
Patty

Ross said...

Love the LO, Vicki!! The pics are beautiful, it looks like your dad was lots of fun!!