Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vintage Prints

Well, it's no secret I love vintage images.lol But I've really been noticing how vintage is really just everywhere these days. I keep seeing framed vintage prints everywhere I go.
I have so many gorgeous vintage images from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage... and I have so many frames in my .. "to be altered" boxes.. (not to mention I keep running across fun little frames at the dollar store)..that I decided it was time to make some of my own.

It was alot more fun, than just buying something already made anyway ( and paying a huge price for it). If your anything like me.. you have plenty of paper and embellishments around. lol

I used images from "Homespun Cotton".... and the "Image and Journal books". Just on the Cotton Sheets alone there are so many images..not to mention how many there are in the "Image and Journal" books or on the double sheet of "Creative Scraps". I had a hard time choosing.
You can see them all HERE
The image above and the one just below are from Cotton Scraps sheets.


Almost ashamed to admit it again..but yes.. all these frames where from the $ store. (I'm going to stop admitting it soon.. it's getting embarrassing) I just love good deals.


If you don't like the color of the frames.. all I do is sand them a bit and give them a quick coat of ivory or white spray paint.


I worked on these last night while I was watching TV.. and it was really relaxing.. nothing to deep... just fun to play and create.... and with stuff I already have! Always feels good to dig in your goodies and find things you even forgot you had.. and use them.
I didn't show that pink one up close because ...after taking the photos and posting them here.. I realized the image had shifted and was off center. ( to lazy to go retake the photo) lol

I hope youre inspired to dig around in your goodies and find some things you forgot you had.. and create something fun with them!
**********************************************************
I am SOOO happy summer is finally here.. and I can enjoy my flowers! I really do. Every day when I get up and go downstairs..the first thing I see out on the deck is my pots of flower.. and I just love it.
It's not like I have tons of exotic plants or anything. Actually my favorite flowers are probably..... Lilly of the Valley, Lilacs, daisies, peonies, hollyhocks, hydrangea,sunflowers... those kinds of common beauties. They all.. just take me back. They are sweet and simple.

You'll be having to put up with nature photos here..until it freezes! (because I'm wallowing in beautiful things around me..before it's winter in Nebraska again) lol

I had to stop at farm house up the road on my way home the other day... to take a photo of these hollyhocks that are next to the road. Aren't they beautiful?


Thanks for letting me share!



13 comments:

stampqueen said...

Great frames!!! Love the gold framed one.
Love the pics of flowers - all mine are wilting with the heat we have had this last week (98 degrees and 90% humidity so the heat indexes are around 110/112)
Lilacs and peonys won't grown down here at all and the iris don't bloom near as well as at home - those are my 3 favorite...

Jessica said...

Vicki, your frames are so gorgeous! Don't be embarrassed about the $ store, I love that place! No one would ever guess anyway that that's where your frames are from because you transform them so beautifully.

TattingChic said...

Love the frame with the crown on it! All of them are very pretty.

Your flower shots are "Oh-SO" artistically done! Love 'em! :)

Ali said...

Gorgeous! Everything from the images/frames and the flowers looks GREAT Vicki!! Super -- eye candy for sure. TYFS!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

I always wonder what you do w/ everything you create. Your a creative machine so there is no way you could KEEP everything you make (Is there?)! Do you get paid to do what you do? If so by whom? I am a daily reader and feel like I know you personaly!! Keep up the creative craft! You inspire!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Wow Vicki, your framed art is awesome and such a great idea! Thanks for sharing the photos of Mother Nature too ... I have a similar view in the morning and isn't it a wonderful way to start your day!!

Elaine said...

You can seriously take dollar store junk and turn it into TREASURE!! I would never have guessed they were form the buck store, Vicki! I think it's fabulous and wish I could do that too!! Great shots of the chammomile, hollyhocks and coneflower? I love summertime because the flowers are so prolific compared to winter!

harrahx2 said...

Wow, on the photos and the frames. Great job!

Robin said...

You have done wonders with those dollar store frames! Your pics of those flowers are just awesome...thanks for sharing and bringing beauty into our lives:)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I have a box of frames to get to, someday... I love what you've done with youts!

Mary Anne in NJ said...

THANK YOU for sharing...your art always inspires me...

Jen r. said...

Love vintage images! Lovely frames! Jen

Ruth Ann said...

I'm off to the $ store today to find some cool frames! Love what you did with the frames and images. Spray paint is one of my favorite things right now! Thanks for sharing this great idea....