Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sharing...

I told you this layout would be very different from the one I posted yesterday. lol Oh... variety is the spice of life right? Some times you feel like something funky and a little more artsy .. and another day.... vintage is the only thing you want to do.
This is a layout I just finished for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. All of the girls on the Design Team were to make a 12x12 layout that is most representative of their personal style, for an upcoming promotion. (Maybe that's whats got me thinking about this "what's your style" thing again.) lol

Lots of cutting, inking , stitching on this one.

Oh .. how I love looking at these faces. ... All of them!
(My mom , Aunt Viv and Uncle Al are the little ones in the cluster.. right in the center of the front row.)
The paper I used was Melisa Frances and Jenni Bowlin. Some rubons from K & Company. Cardstock from Worldwin.

I did some hand stitching on this one. I did french knots for the center of the flowers.


It's never quite finished without a bit of vintage lace and ribbon right?

I totally enjoyed making this layout. It's kind of hard not to.. when you are looking at the faces of people you love. I can just get lost in this photo.., looking at each person and thinking about things I can remember about those who have passed. Wondering what all of there lives where like back when this photo was taken. What I'd give to talk with them now.

***********************************************
On another note.... My boy left for his river trip this morning. He was really looking forward to it ..and excited when he headed out. I know they will have a great time...but I can help being a mom .. and worrying just a bit.
I know he's an adult and has planned this out .. and is well prepared...but like I said..... " I'm always mom!".
I had to laugh..this was sitting on top of the stuff he was packing.
Even Aly was checking out all the stuff he had laying out next to the driveway.


Molly was sure she was going with him. She knew he was going somewhere. She jumped in his car.. and he couldn't get her out! Poor thing.. she was heartbroken when he left with out her. He said... "Geez mom ..that sad... go play Frisbee with her". "Mom" again... "the fixer of all things" lol
So Molly and I played for a bit... she had a carrot and is napping now..but I'm sure the whining will resume later.
** Our dogs are spoiled**
Oh.. I had to show you this hat Wes got for his friend who is here visiting from Australia. Oh.. brother! lol The kid has the weirdest sense of humor. I love it. lol

I'm heading off to Omaha to spend the afternoon with my sister Jan and my niece Neely. I'm SO looking forward to it!
Enjoy your day!


18 comments:

TattingChic said...

That "family" page is beautiful! What a sweet photo! :)

Cassie said...

Hi Vicki,
I regularly check out your blog and your beautiful inspirational creations. I live in Australia and we spoil our dogs rotten too. lol. I'm sure your son's Aussie friend will love the hat.
Anyway thanks for inspiring us all with your wonderful work. Keep it coming.
Cassandra

Jane Wetzel said...

OMG Vicki...AWESOME page..love the dog...mine are a bit spoiled too! :)

Sarah said...

Your scrapbook layout is gorgeous and so "you"!

jealeo said...

Oh my, that is a beuatiful page. The deatil is quite exquisite!

harrahx2 said...

More great pictures. Tell your son that hat has to go and I am a proud mom too so I was glad to see he had the survival thing going on! Hope you are having fun with the family today. That layout is beautiful. How did you do the flowers on the paper? So beautiful!

Country Liv . . . said...

Love the layout Vic! I'm pretty partial to the vintage look myself and every layout you do is awesome! I saw your new kits over at Scrappy Gourmet; they are also awesome!
I know what you mean about Wes going off to Dismal River; we cannot help but be worried, that's how God made us!
You have a bunch of new blog readers! Way to go Vic! I know I'm kinda prejudiced but I cannot stand to miss a single one of your posts.
Hugs,
Liv
PS: Thanks for the love and back at ya!

Gail S. said...

Your family page is so pretty! I love the "family" embellishment - where did you get that? All the work you put into this page is just fabulous. Thank you for sharing it with us.
P.S. Went to the scrapbook store in Gretna this past Saturday because of all the great things you said about it and it was closed!! I was bummed!!

Jessica said...

I love your scrap page, Vicki! It's so elegant and the cutting is just gorgeous!

Savor the Journey said...

Okay ... that cap is just too stinkin' funny!

But the layout .. the inspiration, the cutting .... tends to make a girl swoon over the whole thing! Way to GO with this one!!

~Bev

Ellen said...

Ohhhh your layout is gorgeous, all the details, the vintage touch and the colors just wonderful Vicki !!

Micki said...

OMG, that page is absolutely beautiful. Beautiful. I hope you don't mind, but I am so going to CASE it. I generally don't case exact, but this one I'm going to case exactly. Gorgeous!

DeniseLynn said...

Wowzer! Vicki that page is gorgeous. Oh yes I always enjoy my visits here ... your art makes ME happy. *wink*

Scrapthat said...

I LOVE your family LO!!
Isn't that Tim H. ornate bookplate just the coolest??!! You're lucky to have such a great pic!

Creative Mish said...

I love your album page! that Family Charm really adds to it!

Elaine said...

Geez Louise! Where have I been - can't believe I missed so many things while I was busy working this week!
I love the change of pace on your project here!! It's beautiful and still is vintage but a clean, crisp vintage!

And yeppers, one cute l'il doggie knew your Wes was heading out, huh!? Our dog, Lilo, is the same! (((hugs from one mom to another)))

xxoo
e

Sharon in NE said...

Oh Vic! It's going to take me forever to catch up on all your work. I finally have a day off and came to check out your blog and was elated to see the beautiful family photo page. Just gorgeous!

Pattyjo said...

Poor Gus..A friend of mine said their dog jumped inside the suitcase on the bed and wouldn't get out, he knew they were going away.