Thursday, July 02, 2009

Tattered Angels Misting mat... woo hoo

Look what came today! Yay.. I've been wanting one of these treasures. It's the XL Misting Mat from Tattered Angels. They actually have two sizes. You can see them here.




They make clean up so easy. They can be used for misting of course ..but also for using your head gun on . There is a huge list of things ( as I was reading lable)..t hat you can use them for.. like, painting.. clay, candle , soap making... soldering ect... umm.... lets just say,..mine will get plenty of use. yay!


And I got another bunch of new CHA release stuff.. to put with the box I got a couple of weeks ago... to CREATE with. CHA is coming fast... so it's sample time.
I can wait to share projects using these new goodies with you. They are so cool!
The DT has been starting to post some on the Tattered Angels Blog that you can check out. I 'll post mine , as I get them done.
I did work on some "Kit Sample" books .


They sell the kits like this. You can see them all here. I'm just working on samples of the books , (made with just what is in the kit).. so that store owners can see what can be done with them.

No photos just ideas for pages... but aren't these colors beautiful?

****************************************************
Those goodies arriving cheered me up a bit today.. I was bummed because I ended up not going into Omaha to meet up with Jan and Neely today. My "Check engine" light came on last night.. so I thought I better take it in to have it checked before driving very far. Well.. I was feeling like I needed to stay home and get some things done that have upcoming deadlines anyway.. to I guess I feel good that .. at least I got alot done.
****************************************************
I also decided today that I'm going to be doing some giveaways this month. I am coming up on **my 1000th post** in the next week or so. How crazy is that?
Anyway... I decided I am going to do a number of different giveaways.. and I'm just going to pick winners randomly from the comments.
Random comments on random days... giving away random things. Hows that for specific? lol
I'm kind of "Random" that way. lol





28 comments:

Ms. Cheryl said...

I love the fact that it's pink too. What is the mat made of? Is it similar to Tim Holtz craft mat? I'd much rather have the XL pink one for sure. Thanks, ms.cheryl

Tasha said...

Oh wow your godies look awesome - i love the samle you made the pink rocks and would look really cool with a girly rock theme! Mmmm you have just given me ideas!
thanks for the show
love tasha xx

Robin (Tqmnurse) said...

wow! those are some awesome colors...can't wait to see some more. That mat is awesome...I love pink and the idea that it is XL!!!

TattingChic said...

You have the funnest goodies! I think I'll just live vicariously through you right now. I love scrapping and stuff, but right now I'll spend my money on tatting goods, LOL! :)

The Rambling Papercrafter said...

What wonderful goodies to receive. I would love to get one of XL mats one of these days

Kara Ward said...

Love the pink mat...fabulous Idea. I need it BAD! I will be searching the streets for one!!!!! Have fun at CHA. I will not be going this year! tear, tear!!!!

Micki said...

ohhh I've been looking for a BIG mat like that, lol..... I haven't played with my Tattered Angels mist much yet. I think I'm afraid, cuz I am SUCH a messy crafter, lol. Your creations are so awesome I am just going to have to pull 'em out of the temporary closet and just play.

Debbie Kaste said...

That XL mat is GREAT! I have to confess Vicki, that I look at your blog everyday for inspiration! Love your artwork!!!
Debbie Kaste

Shannon said...

I just landed on your blog a few days ago. Gorgeous and useful mat you have. Plus I love your art and will be back again!

Linda said...

I love these kits and the colors you've used on them are just gorgeous! I also love the size of that big mat...so useful!

Linda B said...

How random:D I love the samples you made for glimmer mist. Beautiful colors:D

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Love that pink!!

Karen said...

Wow! 1000 posts! Congrats! Can't wait to see your new samples also. Have a great 4th of July!

MJ said...

I have purple Dollar Store mats ~ not nearly as spiffy as yours! I love the crown in your last photo! I would love to better manipulate Glimmer Mist!

harrahx2 said...

Beautiful work, as always, you do beautiful work. I really need to get some of the templates to try out. You are a random kind of gal. ON another note, I am so sad about the car and the missed trip but look at it this way: You have Neely all the time and others only get a glimpse here and there! Does that help you smile more? And look at what you created!

Elly said...

Oh my ..... almost your 1000th post???? Wow, that's great! I hope up to the next 1000! Your kit example is gorgeous! Love the colors! Great job (as always!)!

Scrapthat said...

I just LOVE the job you did on the book and the colors!
That's a great mat...I know me and I know I would probably never spend that much on a mat though...too many inks and mists to buy! LOL
TFS your beautiful work with us!

DeniseLynn said...

Oh yea!!! That mat looks great and I love the color {hee hee ... with only son's this momma needs a dose a pink now and then}. I see the pink ribbon on there too and am guessing its in support of Breast cancer awareness. Love that! Tattered Angels rocks!!!

Paben said...

I am so sorry you missed spending the day with Jan and Neely,but don't forget to come over the 4th ,we got steaks and,hamburgers,and brats to grill out!Just mom and dad and maybe Cody,the rest made plans or have to work!

Creative Mish said...

Wow! Those glimmer kits look fabulous! How do you choose?

Jane Wetzel said...

wow Vicki...very cool! Looks like alot of fun your way..I'll be over later..... :)

Elaine said...

Oh my! I am sorry your car is acting up and you missed visiting! :( BUT congrats on your upcoming celebratory post! I absolutely love that pink misting mat! AND I'll be adding the kit to my wish list...those things are right up my alley - yours are gorgeous inspiration!! Everyone will want them after seeing yours darling! :)

Shawn said...

I love those kits!!! My bday is coming up I think I'll put that on my wish list :) I just picked up some of their gm screens I can't wait to try them out (I need to clear a space in my room though first!)

Staci said...

Love the artwork with the glimmer screens. I went to the new store in Fremont yesterday and bought my own along with another bottle of glimmer mist. I think the crown glimmer screen will lend itself nicely to the pictures I just took in London and Budapest.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

i love that little book and those colors are so soft and pretty!

is the mat just paper or does it have a wax like finish?

Susan said...

I love that mat! If it's like the Ranger craft mat, it will be great, but how cool to have a pink one!
Susan

Pattyjo said...

Tattered angels is going to sell a lot of the Misting Mats. How many times I have glued the table or had to scape off the top of the table, after making a project. Ugg! Another great product.

Shannon Hatfield said...

I found your blog specifically looking for the Misting Mat and I'm glad I did! I love the Mat! a I lost my mother-in-law to breast cancer over two years ago. I am so pleased part of the proceeds for the product got to breast cancer research! The pink is fabulous! The kits look really nice too!