Thursday, July 16, 2009

TECC 74

I know .. I know.. I said I wouldn't be blogging at all this week..but today is Taylors Sketch day.. and I've missed it so much. I have done pretty well at staying out of my room this week though. It's sure alot easier when I'm not at home... it doesn't tempt me then. lol

Any way ...back to Taylors sketch for this week .. and then I'll share a bit about my "vacation time".

Here is the card I created for today, using Taylors sketch number 74


Be sure to check out what the rest of the girls created this week , using this sketch.
Taylor VanBruggen , Donna Baker, Jackie Pedro, Jami Sibley, Lynn Mercurio, Monika Davis, Sherrie Siemens, Stephanie Hargis, Ana Wohlfahrt







I have spent alot of time this week with friends! I even went on a canoe trip! Remember how worried I was when Wes was Canoeing? Strange how things play out. lol

This canoe trip took place on the north fork of the White river in Missouri. And lets just say.... um.. I'm no "canoer". lol The first time we dumped over I laughed so hard I thought I'd never stop...but by the 5th time... .not so funny anymore.





It was a perfect day...the scenery was gorgeous.. the water clear... lots of wildlife, and really fun people.



And ... good for me.. really really nice ones too! The first time the canoe flipped I lost both my shoes. I wear an 8.. and the only ones Walmart there had was 11-12. Just a bit to big... so no wonder they wouldn't stay on. I just figured they would be better than the flipflops I had. ummm , maybe not.

You know there are some really nice people out there.. when someone will give up their SHOES to you. They obviously had canoed more than us and weren't flipping theirs... so she just wore her socks ( and in this photo.. one of my shoes). If you dumped , if was impossible to stand up in the rocks in the river to get back in the canoe , if you were barefoot. The rocks were big and slick..and the water moved VERY quickly over them.
Seriously.. the bottoms of my feet have bruises. ( along with a number of other places) lol



It was, fun, and scary. Did a mention... scary?
Still wondering HOW I got talked into this little escapade.

It is now crossed OFF my bucket list.

Thank you my friends for not letting me DIE! lol
( and to our new friends Nancy and Ron... YOU ARE THE BEST) Thank you for all your help!!
( I can even believe I'm sharing this photo of me ... sopping wet and looking like a dork...but it's to funny not to share.)

Anyway.. once you've seen your life pass before your eyes.. it just doesnt matter anymore. lol


What an adventure.

________________________

On the way home I stopped at my Sisters.. and we had such a FUN day, ... shopping , lunch.. looking at her garden, and plants, talking crafts and decorating. It was SO nice to spend time with her.

________________________


It's been hard to stay out of my room , because I have all these boxes of new product from Crafty Secrets, Tattered Angels and Fancy Pants , sitting here..but I have done pretty well... simply because I know from here on out ,... it's going to be very busy preparing for CHA.

I really enjoy just working on things around the house and in the yard.

________________________


We did have a picnic the other night at the Cabin with Jarad and Kate. It was so nice out. Jarad took us for a long Jeep ride out in the country , after dinner. It was so enjoyable... a perfect evening.


Check out this gorgeous sky.



Don't forget that I'll be posting the winner of the giveaway on Monday. All you have to do , is leave a comment to get your name in on the drawing. This is my 999th blog post... wooot wooot


HAPPY FRIDAY!



23 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Love your card, Vicki! The colors are fab!

Looks like you had a great vacation!!

Sherrie said...

Oh it looks likes you had a lot of fun!
Your card is a really nice kiss of summer...have fun with all the prep for CHA!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

Such a sweet card, Vicki! Love the color combo! And I always appreciate all the pictures you show! So fun to keep up with your adventures!

TattingChic said...

Wow, what an adventure! That pic with the sunlight shining through the clouds!

That card is darling!

I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!

Lynn Mercurio said...

ohlala...fantastic card Vicki! You creative thing you...that circle embellishment is divine!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Vicki! Love the flower image and the great colors. I am glad you blogged today. :o)

Charlene said...

That picture of the sky is amazing! You can almost hear GOD talking to you from those clouds can't you?

So glad you had fun on your white water trip. You are a brave girl. I WOULD NOT BE SOOOOOOOOOOOO BRAVE. Just call me chiken little. But, I have the same water shoes you DID! :) Walmart specail indeed! Wore them on the beach in CA. Lot more calm than your expierence. Thanks for sharing & have fun at CHA. Wish we were having a drink at Pappadeaux's right now don't you?

Angela said...

I missed your regular posts...completely understand needing a break, though. Love that I could get my 'creative Vicki' fix today with your gorgeous card...great colors!!

Elaine said...

OMG - you thrill seeker! What a trip you must have had....now you can tell Wes that you know what he must have gone through on his adventure! The card is superb, dahling...simple gorgeous! Love the bright colors so much!

Sharon in NE said...

Vic, I snickered all through your post, because I have been through that too. My solution is to TUBE rather than canoe. A nice low, soft, impossible-to-flip-over tube, floating down the Niobrara as I sip on my drink and wave to the up-side-down canoers. :P

Debbie Kaste said...

Your card is so pretty!

Gosh, it looks like you had such a great time on your canoe trip. Maybe falling out wasn't so much fun but after the bruises are all gone you will have that fabulous photo of you to laugh about:) Priceless! Have a WONDERFUL time at CHA, Vicki. You lucky girl!

Debbie said...

Girl... you are more brave than I am. I would have drowned. Looks like you had a blast though. Good for you!

Congrats on the blog counter... your blog and cards are terrific!

Have a great weekend!
Debbie

rose said...

love the card!
Boy I`m laughin so hard here at you canoeing oh grief your so brave and with size 11 flippers on you know you should carry some 3L adhesive on you at all times ROFL!!! Glad you are havin some me time before CHA

Jami said...

Your card is beautiful and your vacay pics are GREAT!

MJ said...

Those photos reminded me of my canoeing and whitewater rafting trips! Thanks for the smiles!

annemk said...

very nice card...
the canoe trip looks like a fun time!

Ellen said...

You had a great time thats for sure and the card you made is gorgeous !!
did you open the boxes with all the new products all ready ;-))

harrahx2 said...

Okay, so why didn't I get my blog notice? I have to go looking to read you???? It sounds like a wonderful week and I am so glad you got to enjoy it. I thought about you often and missed the posts. Love the new shoe look.........and don't ever give your kids a hard time about their bucket lists!

Maggie said...

wow congrats on the 1000th post..
Will you be coming to Orlando?
Maggie

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous photo of the sun to celebrate summer holidays.

Donna Baker said...

what a cheerful card! I love how you did the sentiment! what a fun time, great pics and that sky photo-gorgeous! TFS

AliGripp said...

What a good time you had!! Love that BEAUTIFUL pic of the SKY!!! Awesome!!!!!

Wendy said...

Great color combination in your card! Very pretty!