Sunday, August 23, 2009

and.... home from CKC Tulsa

Thanks Tulsa.... the show was great! It was a busy show..and the time seemed to just fly by , since I left last Tuesday. Liz and I hit the airport first thing this morning. It was a long day of flights..and time spent in airports..but I'm home now.. and it's all good. lol (So glad I had a book along to read)

First stop on Tuesday when we got in to Tulsa.. was a Demo at "A Memory to Scrap". Great store that carries a fantastic supply of Tattered Angels products. The people there were so nice. Wendy (Owner of Tattered Angels and creator of Glimmer Mist , on the left and me on the right, sitting at the front table)

Next day... set up. Time to get the booth set up for Friday and Saturday.
Above... Liz Hicks and the guy below... well that is Kyle..."Mr Glimmer Mist". lol

Booths set up, product out.. samples up.
It's always so fun to get to check out all the samples in person. Other amazing Design team! The samples are just WOW!



Is that a glorious bunch of Glimmer Mist goodness or what? ahhh..


Trust me ..that "make and take" line was endless! whew! Here is Liz working the make and takes , before her classes started the first morning. It really is fun to see how excited people get , when they see the possibilities. I love when they are inspired and say , they cant wait to go home and create something with the techniques they've learned.


I just had to take a shot of the demo table itself. Trust me ,...there was some serious creative juices flowing at this table! A creative feeding frenzy of sorts, at times. lol Very fun!

As always.. the best part.... spending time with the TA crew..and getting to meet up with friends , that you only get to see at shows.... that and Blog Readers!! I got to meet some blog readers that I hadn't met before and that is always a treat. I have met some wonderful people thanks to the Internet..but nothing compares to "in person". Thanks so much to those who came by to introduce themselves and say hello!
____
Now.. thanks to the new washer we had to purchase just before I left... laundry is in the works... my jammies are on and the pups are waiting for some attention.... so I'm going to call it good for tonight. I'll have some projects to share this week...just needing a day to regroup now. lol
Missed you guys!
Feels good to be home.

8 comments:

Nat said...

I wish I could have been there! so cool!!!

Tam, I am said...

Vicki, The TA booth was a happening place to be!!!

Carol (HB) said...

Hey Vic... you are once busy girl! But what a FUN way to stay busy! Can't wait to see your new projects!!

Debbie K. said...

Ohhhhh, what fun, Ms Vicki! If I had been able to go to that convention I would have thought I died and went to heaven. Certainly with all those bottles of GM I certainly would have been....Glad you are home. Like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz once said - "There's no place like home..." Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing works.

Catherine said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful trip, glad you are HOME safe and sound!! xox.

harrahx2 said...

Welcome back! Missed you much and glad the trip was good. The booth looked amazing. I still want to be your neighbor!

DeniseLynn said...

Welcome home Vicki!! That new washer better last a good long time. *wink*

Thespa said...

I can't tell you how HAPPY I was when I found out you guys were coming to CKC Tulsa! I was ecstatic! You all did such a wonderful job. I loved your make and take booth and I came by the booth frequently and purchased multiple times. I am envious that you get your hands on all that great product! What a great company and great people promoting it! Thanks for a wonderful time and I hope to see you all there next year.

Thespa aka 1GruviScrapper