Monday, August 31, 2009

Crafty Secrets DT "Postcard" Challenge

Today is the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage "Postcard" challenge day! That means .. all the girls on the Design Team will be posting their projects , made with the new "Vintage Postcard Kits" Any themed set... and any project.. as long as it's using the postcards.. that's the challenge.
I'm sure they will all have different ideas to share , and gorgeous projects.. so be sure to check out their blogs.
I'll have them all listed at the bottom of this post with links to their blogs.

I chose to use the "Baby Girl" postcard set for my project. I thought I'd try to used one of the postcards in a way I hadn't yet. I made an altered photo frame using one of the postcard images and chipboard pieces to the front of the frame.
I love the dimension it added to this frame.
( the sweet little babe in the photo is my friend Debs Granddaughter Kalie... isn't she a doll! She's grown alot since this photo)

I used the chipboard corner pieces from Sweet Chips Frames and More
The chipboard heart you see in the bottom left corner is one of the chipboard pieces that come with the postcard set. I stamped on it , using the stamp set that also comes in the postcard set.


and added some cut paper pieces to my flower.

There are so many things that can be done with these. All the images are just so cute. You can see samples on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog and in the Crafty Secrets website gallery.
But... but sure to pop over to see what these talented girls have created to share today.
Michelle Van Etten

*****************************************************
We had a great time this weekend with family. Danni and Chris had a beautiful wedding.. it was so fun! I'll be sharing photos soon. Hope you all had a nice weekend also!


Until tomorrow!

11 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Vicki, your frame is Beautiful and what an adorable little girl!! I love how you used the postcard in a different way and all of the embellishments are Fantastic!! Thanks for a Great Challenge! ;)

Pam said...

Vicki, this is adorable!!
Great idea using it on the frame!

trendyscrapper said...

Vicki this is adorable what a great picture frame I love it.

Jessica said...

Vicki, this is so sweet! What a good idea to use the postcard to decorate a frame. I love it!

ScrappyPam said...

Beautiful frame!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

What a beautiful frame! I love the postcard on it!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

SO adorable!! What a beautiful frame to showcase this beautiful baby!!! FANASTIC!

cards4u said...

This is just precious - what a great keepsake! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us - it's always an inspiration!

Debbie Kaste said...

Oh Vicki! You did it AGAIN! That is absolutely gorgeous. What an adorable gift that will be. You never fail to disappoint with your creative talents. You go girl!!!

Shawn said...

Oh I hadn't seen the crafty secrets baby post cards!! Adorable and I love your little frame. I may need to get these :)

chelemom said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Love how you used the post card here!