Saturday, August 15, 2009

Home stuff

Pretty uneventful weekend around there.. and that's just fine with me. I'm just enjoying being at home.. working on projects.. catching up. I have quite a few trips coming up.. so I'm soaking up the "home time" while I can.
I DID NOT paint the photo below... I wish I had. lol...but I just fell in love with it when I saw it. Actually I found it in a shop in an Airport (cant even remember which one) lol ...but it was only $12. Amazing for an airport shop, I know! Anyway, it's a tin print.. and the colors are just all my favorites. I invisioned painting a large canvas and somehow mounting it on there.


It's hard to see in this cruddy photo..but I painted the canvas with pink.. and then kind of dry brushed over that pink with a lighter pink. It needed something else..so I added some papers and a couple of vintage buttons where the papers came together. Nothing major ..but for a few $.. it's something new on the wall.. and I'm really enjoying it.

I also hung this flea market plate . Took down some things I've had up and changed them out .. just for something different.
Now , If I could just find a bed cover of some sort , that I like.
I keep looking ..but nothing is doing it for me yet.
I better find something before it's time to paint again. lol


I wish the lighting wasn't so bad, so you could see the true colors. I had to use the flash... and just look at the difference in the wall color in these photos. lol

That photo on my nightstand is of my dad and I when I was little. It was taken in the Badlands of SD.


Speaking of photos ..
sharing just a few that I took of Hannah the other day. What a sweetheart she is. It was so fun to take some photos of someone who doesn't complain
and run from the camera ... lol ( like my boys do)



I had such fun... thanks Hannah

Isn't she stunning?

__________________________________
Anyone going to be at the CK show in Oklahoma next weekend? If so .. come on by the Tattered Angels booth and say Hello!!!
Happy Saturday Everyone!!


7 comments:

stampqueen said...

LOVE that tin painting and what you did with it!!!! Looks great!!!!

harrahx2 said...

Vic, I was just showing my husband your photos and it amezed us both how you were able to take such great pictures of a young girl and make her look a little older and then on the last one, totally adult! So great. And the tin is beautiful. Have a great time in OK. I won't be there in person but will certainly be thinking of you!

TattingChic said...

I am loving that pink plate!

Catherine said...

Love that painting....and great pics of a beuaitiful girl. You're getting to be as good a photographer as Becky!!

rose said...

oh love what you did with the tin plate very nice
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl

Melvin said...

I love that paintings...
Thanks for sharing...
__________________
Melvin
Get easy cash at your door step

Sharon Harnist said...

Yes, Hannah is beautiful and your photography is AWESOME, Vicki -- fabulous pics!!