Wednesday, August 05, 2009

internet??? maybe???

My connection seems to come an go as it pleases. Obviously it's still not working properly.. so here's hoping it holds out until I get this posted.
I have so many photos to share of CHA.. and of projects for upcoming classes.
___
First I have to tell you about my weird "grocery shopping" experience. We were out of everything... I mean everything! I dread major grocery shopping.. so I put it off until it just HAD to be done today! I worked my way through the store, taking time to pick the best veggies, fruit, and meat. Up and down each isle... checking my list as I go. Almost an hour I'm finally I'm wrapping it up... I'm in the bread isle... just ready to head for the checkout..when this official looking guy comes running towards me. Freaked me right out... I was thinking what is he going to say to me? Did someone hit my car? Is someone in my family hurt? (all these thoughts going through my head in all of 10 seconds) lol He gets to me and says... " you have to leave your cart and exit the store immediately...there is a leak in one of our refrigeration units" WHAT? weird! So EVERYONE has to leave everything and exit the store..the pharmacy ..everything. Fire trucks were coming as I was pulling out of the parking lot.
I have no idea how long it will be at this point , so I go to moms and wait about an hour and call the store. They say they have no idea how long it will be, but they pushed all the carts of food from shoppers in to the walk in coolers.( um... hopefully not the one what was leaking freon)lol They took my name and said they would call me when they open back up. I got tired of waiting and had things to do at home , so I figured I'd drive the 17miles back home and just come back when they called. (my other option was to start my shopping over again at another store..........uhhhhggg!!! ) And all my mesh shopping bags (20 of them) were in THAT cart)
I went home and three hours later they called.. and off I went to purchase my $180 of groceries. 10% off for my hassle. lol
Why do these wierd things happen to ME? lol

______

Okay ...enough about my odd shopping experiences. lol Back to CHA.
I laughed so hard at this Cute photo of Lynsay and Liz from Precious Treasures.. hamming it up. They look pretty excited about the new PostCard Kits from Crafty Secrets dont they???? lol


We should have gotten Sandy in on this photo also. This is Lisa Zappa and I. Lisa , Sandy and I worked the CS booth together.

There is Sandy and I with Clara Stacko and Cindi Duncan from Altered Arts Magazine.


Here is Sandy ( owner of Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage) taking orders at CHA.

I'll be sharing more photos of the booths in upcoming posts...but here is Jodi Stanford.. Miss Fancy Pants herself. lol She's a sweetie.. and looking so cute. ( baby number 4.. on the way) ....They have the most ADORABLE kiddos! CUTE!


Oh.. and Bev! I love this lady! I am SO happy we met and have become friends!

and below...
a photo of the girls poolside. Those Tattered Angels girls are a hoot , I tell ya!
The amazing house they rented for the week , had a pool .. so we had to spend some time enjoying that.
After we got home from working the show all day...the night I stayed at the house with them ..they asked if I brought a suit. I said No. They said ...."darn , we were going to swim". I said.." I'm so hot and tired... I'll jump in , in my clothes". They laughed and thought I was kidding.
I wasnt ...... and ..... I did.
Ahhh... it was good!
Ya only live once ya know.lol
More photos tomorrow


12 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

My biggest saddness for missing CHA is not getting to see you!!!
LOL at the grocery shopping experience! Your life is just a hoot!

Savor the Journey` said...

Oh
My
Goodness!!
First of all ... WHAT in tarnation happened at that grocery store!? You & I have similar "distastes" for G-shopping! ICK! You need to live "closer", GF!!
And then ... I just adore finding you here & there! I hope you KNOW that! C'mon to TX, whenever you need an 'escape'! No kidding!

(((hugggs)))
Bev

Catherine said...

Ditto what Carol said, that's what I always look forward to at CHA - is seeing and spending time with you and Sandy - oh and the 'rita's!!

chelemom said...

I hate grocery shopping too.....that's why I usually have the hubby do it! I had a similar experience......I had just finished shopping when a major storm came rolling through....all the power went off and we had to leave our carts.....ugh! The CS booth looks awesome! I soooo wish one of these years I could join you gals......maybe when it comes back to Chicago!

The Rambling Papercrafter said...

Your grocery shopping experience makes me remember when I was shopping at Michaels in Tucson, AZ one night and the power went out while in there. Talk about dark!

Pattyjo said...

Wow that was exciting and tiring for you (about the store). If nothing else, it makes the day a little exciting and makes a great story! LOL
One thing I can say for you Vic is you ALWAYS take the best pictures...you are so photogenic. I am not that way (unfortunately) so I avoid cameras, even when I'm all fixed up. LOL
Pattyjo :+)

Elly said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love the new goodies from CS, it must be fun working and designing for them.
Have a nice weekend, till next time!

harrahx2 said...

Sounds like you have been a busy lady. The house issues, the grocery store....what else can go wrong? Don't ever ask that!!! Great pictures Vicki and you look wonderful. I am glad you had a good time. You must give us the best of lists....

Sharon in NE said...

There must have been something in the air...my daughter was managing the Sunmart store when an electrical fire started and she had to call the fire dept. My son topped her when he had to call the fire dept in Battle Creek as he was driving home from camping and discovered the back of our truck (2005 Dodge Canyon) was in flames. The whole thing was destroyed. Whatta week!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

ack! What a crzy shopping story...how frustrating. thank goodness nothing blew up, or anything.Thanks so much for visiting me today! I have added your name to my give away...
hope you are having a happy day.
xoxo Lidy

Debbie Kaste said...

Vicki, your story about the grocery shopping experience is a hoot! Glad you had such a good time at CHA. Sure wish I could have joined in on the fun:)

Elaine said...

This has not been a good year in some ways...rivers, freezers, canoes...all have something to do with water and a great story! lol

Looks like CHA in these pics was living up to it's reputation - and providing a fab time for everyone that got to attend!