Sunday, August 16, 2009

A little Tattered Angels goodness

In case you haven't heard... Tattered Angels is planning to add a few more designers to there team... so if you are interested ... you can read more about it here. Tattered Angels Blog They are an awesome company to work with!
Also.... I'm so excited that my dear friend Nathalie Kalbach is the featured guest designer this month. You can see her interview and her beautiful creations here.
I thought I'd share a little project I created using the new "Halloween" bingo cards and stamps. ( there are Halloween screens also.. I just didn't use them on this particular project)...but they are cool! I stamped the spider on a piece of transparent overlay with stazon, then cut it out to add to the card.

As always.. when I finished... everything ( ribbon, card, ruffle ect..) all get a spritz of Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. ahhhh yeh!
_____________________________________________

It was just an absolutely BEAUTIFUL summer day here today. Dan and I actually just took off and went for a drive this afternoon. Lunch and a stop at a couple of my favorite places and then a ride.



(these junk'n spots are usually places I go with my girlies..but he was a good sport about it today) He was okay with it..but he just doesn't share my excitement for it. lol
I didn't find much... but got a cool old black lunch box to alter and a old glass bottle with the glass lid. ( having a guy along must have stifled my ...sniffing out good deals) lol


We ended up at Two Rivers State recreation area. Some time the most spontaneous plans work out the best. It was so enjoyable.. and a nice break from working in my room this weekend. I did get quite a bit done.. so I deserve a little break right? lol



There were alot of people out enjoying gorgeous weather today.


Felt so great to walk around a bit and enjoy the day. I'm soaking up every bit of summer that I can , before I have to even think about another Nebraska winter. ick.




I have the windows open at home tonight I can feel the breeze coming in and the crickets chirping outside.... It's going to be a good sleep night. ahhhh
Aly's ready. lol

Off to bed for me. Ready for the start of a new week.
Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

Carla said...

how adorable

Debbie K. said...

Ms. Vicki, your Halloween piece is just the cutest thing!!!! Love it:) Looks like you had a fun day. We here in Wisconsin are trying to soak up the sun too before the brutal winter hits us again:(

Nat said...

thanks for the sweet post Vic! Love your project so muc and your trip looks awesome!!!!

stampqueen said...

Love the Halloween project!!! That spider is great!!!! Love the little bead thingy for his body!!!
Looks like you had a great day for beboppin around - love the pic with the row of old chairs - I bet there are a couple of those left out at my Moms'....

Catherine said...

Love your Halloween card....gorgeous! Sounds like a perfect day with Dan.... :-) xox.

Elaine said...

I know what you mean about getting one of those days with the PERFECT weather! We've had a lot of those lately in Seattle!! I keep telling you - move here, move here, move here!! and hurry it up sistah! lol

Elaine said...

And yes, I love your spidey card for Halloween...you little genius!

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh, Nebraska is so beautiful in the Spring and Summer! Those stone steps look so inviting and Dan has the Dodge all shined up too!
Love the Halloween card. You have so much talent but the patience it took to cut out the spider is awesome. All I have to do is 'click' and my spider would be there! LOL!
Hugs,
Liv
PS: Kim loved her card! Thank you so, so much!

Melvin said...

This post is awesome...
Thanks for sharing...
__________________
Melvin
Get easy cash at your door step

Precious Treasures said...

Love that spider. :)