Friday, October 09, 2009

BC Creative Expo , and fun stuff from yesterday!


It's getting close! I leave for Canada early Tuesday morning.
So looking forward to teaching at the BC Creative Expo and getting to spend some time with my Canadian friends!
You can get all the info , HERE on the Expo website.
and read more about it on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.

Here's a few of the classes I'll be teaching for Crafty Secrets.
You can read more about each class here
___
1). In this class we'll be making a fairy shadow box, fairy postcard and pixie spool fairy.

2) In this class , we will be learning tips and techniques for embellishing with heartwarming vintage charm. We will be creating 4 Christmas cards and a beautiful decorated wooden box .

3) This class will be filled with Vintage Halloween fun! We'll be creating projects using Glimmer Mist techniques , with Crafty Secrets Vintage images and stamps.


We have 4 booths at the show, 3 classes, make-n-takes, a free gift with every purchase - plus Sandy's doing a flea market table and clearing out all sorts of older product, supplies, vintage postcard and more!
Oh.. and we are also hosting the Girlfriends Go Vintage Crop Sat night!
It's going to be a fun time! Hope you can come join us!

( Oh .. and just for a good laugh ..you have to pop over to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog to see the photos Sandy posted of me.. for my Birthday) OH.. Good grief!) lol
HERE

____________________________________
I have to share some photos now and tell you a bit about my day yesterday.
This word about sums it up!

Started the day off by meeting with the artsy girls at Precious Treasures in Fremont. Amy was so sweet , she had a yummy cake there for my birthday.

Amy's finished painting her cool new light.. and it's up! Darling huh!



We played with the new Vintage Postcard kits from Crafty Secrets. Here's Jessica, showing hers off.

Stephs .. as she was working on them.


Paula and Steff, promised to send me photos of theirs all finished.. so I'll post those later.
Below is a "oh sooo me" soldered charm Amy gave me! LOVE IT!

We also worked on these. ( you can click to see them larger)

Below is a fun little treat back Steph made for everyone. Paula brought all kinds of chocolate goodness to share .. (and Rons yummy dip)

Amy , with her packing tape transfer project.

I ran home for just a bit in the afternoon to get ready to head into Omaha to meet Neely for dinner and then off to see Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. ( my fave band these days) lol


We ate at this fun , funky little health food place that Neely frequents. It was really good.

But.. the best part was... Jan and Keith were there to surprise me. Little did a know , they were all in on the surprise together. They even had tickets to go see the Roger Clyne show with us! YAY!!!

I can even find words to explain how amazing the show was. Especially to my surprise, part way through the show... he says...."Is Vicki Chrisman here? I heard it was her Birthday?". AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
You can not begin to imagine my shock! He sang to me .. and I got the playlist. It was just surreal! ummm yes.. now I regressed to being a giddy 13 year old school girl. lol
( Some little bird dropped a note to him.... a little bird named NEELY). What a overwhelming time it was!
Awesome show they put on !!!

Play list

How could anyone ask for a better birthday than I had?
Holy moly! My head is still spinning.
My family and friends are amazing!!!
Thank you all!
Now.... I need to quit parting like a rock star , and get some work done today!
lol
Have a great weekend!
I'm leaving you with a Roger Clyne Video... I know you'll enjoy. One of the songs he played last night.
Enjoy

11 comments:

Precious Treasures said...

How did you get the cake home? The box was there on the table still? LOL

Thanh said...

What a hoot!!! Those photos of you look great Vicki! I can't believe that he has you tatted on his chest ;)

I actually have a question to ask you about the Creative Expo... will email in a second.

DeniseLynn said...

Sooo happy to hear you had a great birthday. Happy Happy!!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, you really are one special lady. You deserved every moment of your special time and treatment like a queen. You are also one lucky lady! Sending love....

Debbie K. said...

So glad you had a great birthday, Vicki! They can't get any better than that, can they! Wish I could attend your class, looks like soooo much fun:)

Pattyjo said...

Awhuh...I now know your Birthday. Its now on my calendar. Next year you are on my card list and from now on. LOL
I Love you Vicki and I will always be your #1 fan!
Pattyjo :+)
Happy Birthday!!!

cards4u said...

Happy Birthday a little bit late : ) Glad to hear you had a great time! The expo sounds and looks like so much fun!! Wish I could be there - hope everything goes well! BTW did you show your nephew the tattoo pics?

cindy said...

Those classes look great! Y'all made some cute stuff! :D

-c
yapping cat

Julie said...

What an amazing birthday you had! That would be such a trip hearing him call out your name--yikes! Cool niece you have!

Love all those projects you've been doing--wish I could go to the Expo, as I so need you to teach me your Glimmer Mist skills....oh, well!

Karen said...

Vicki I love your work. I love your give away stuff. I enjoyed the pic's from the Expo
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your site recently and am loving it. My son lives in Vancouver so recognized some of the places in your pics. I love the crafty secrets stuff and have purchased some of it, but haven't really got the hang of the shabby chic look. Will keep trying.