Thursday, October 01, 2009

End of the week wrap up

Here it is the end of the week again... and I'm wondering how it got here so fast! I've been alittle "off" all week because of my dental stuff. It's still bothering me.. so I hope things settle down soon..because I go back for another visit next Tuesday. ( I almost had to laugh when I wrote the word "visit". It makes it almost sound "pleasant") lol
I have been working on some projects .. one of which is the Crafty Secrets Challenges at Splitcoast. Those girls do such a great job with them each week. You can check this weeks out HERE. The challenge this week is "Handmade embellishments". Come on over and play along!

I mixed some punched pieces and cut felt embellishments from Creative Impressions.. and then added some felt and paper pieces that I cut myself .

I used Fall Cotton Scraps for my image on this project.

The chipboard piece is also from Crafty Secrets.
_______________________________________

This week I got this in the mail and was excited to see a number of my friends art work in here... and..


even one of my pieces.

The photo of the mom and baby down at the bottom. ( it's me and my momma) lol
____________________________

I was so bummed out early this week , when I missed Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers when they were playing in Lincoln, because I was under the weather with this stupid tooth situation..........but.... lookie lookie who now has a ticket for their show in Omaha next Thursday night. YAY
Neely and I are going to dinner and the show. I cant wait, not only to see the show but to spend time with Neely!

Remember Saturday Oct 3 is
World Cardmaking Day!*****


11 comments:

Nat said...

Ohh I love your project!!!! You always amaze me with your work!
And loved to see you in the Somerset Memories as well- such a beautiful layout! Have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

lotsa scrap said...

I'll go back and check out the magazine again now that I know to look for you. Stunningly beautiful project!

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

Fab project. Where did you find/buy your antique clothes hanger?

Country Liv . . . said...

Sure hope your tooth stops giving you so much trouble . . . makes everything hard when you are hurting! I'm so glad that Neely has time to spend with you even as she gets more famous! WooHoo! Y'all have a wonderful time at the concert. (could this be your b'day gift from her?)
Hugs,
Liv

cards4u said...

Great projects!! Loved being able to click on the picture and see a closeup of your published piece - it's wonderful! Hope you can get this dental issue dealt with so you can enjoy the concert : )
Have A Great Weekend!

harrahx2 said...

I already told you that I love your hanging piece but I am also: a. Sad about the dentist torture b. Glad about the visit with Neely and getting to see your band c. SOOOO glad it's FRIDAY!!!

Julie said...

Sorry you're having such trouble! Love your project--wonderful layers & textures--beautiful! Congratulations on the Somerset Memories--I ALMOST bought that the other day (had too much else in my hands, though...!) I'll have to back & get it!

Jessica said...

Hi Vicki! This is such a pretty project! Congrats on being published. Is that a 7 Gypsies frame? It looks really cool. Hope your tooth feels better soon!

Catherine said...

Congrats to you and all your friends in Somerset....I just love them!!
Also love your project. Tooth, FEEL better!

❦TattingChic said...

Your project is absolutely DARLING!!!!! Really! Congrats on being in Somerset again! ☺

Hope your tooth is feeling better by now!

DeniseLynn said...

Congrats on the piece in Somerset Memories. {so crazy for Somerset publications!!!} Don't you just love getting your comp issue?! Oh yea!