Sunday, October 04, 2009

A new project ..and some things to love about fall!

I have been like a little kid with a new toy since I gave this a try! I heard it was possible to emboss using Tattered Angels Glimmer Screens and your Wizard machine from Spellbinders. I had to give it a whirl. Well.. lets just say.. it’s my new FAVORITE technique! I’m obsessed! lol
I had a piece of copper sheeting in my supply closet that I was dying to try this on. check it out! Isnt that a gorgeous look? I cut it out and added it to the top of this little wooden box that I had previously Glimmer Misted. ( so much easier to Mist on wood , rather than to paint and looks so much prettier)


Here is a video on the Spellbinders site, showing you how to use stencils for embossing with the wizard. The Glimmer Screens can be used in the same way.
After it was embossed, I sprayed it with Suede Glimmer Mist (let it dry), and then coated it with Diamond Glaze . ( being carefull not to wipe away the Glimmer Mist)




Here is a peek at the inside of the box.

Like I said .. I had so much fun with this technique. I have a couple more projects I’ll be sharing soon, also using embossing with Glimmer Screens.
Tattered Angels and Spellbinders… a perfect match!
Be sure to be watching the Tattered Angels Blog this month for more fun projects from the DT using the Products from Spellbinder and Tattered Angels.

______________________________

I really do LOVE fall. I thought I'd share some reasons why

the beautiful trees ( this is the most beautiful tree, I enjoy on my way down the road home)

Beautiful skies.
and... cool enjoyable days


farmers harvesting the fields around us.

Mums and pumpkins......................Gorgeous fall colors!~


Oh how I love the smell of "spiced cider" candles burning in the house.


or pumpkin muffins backing. ( only candles are alot less calories~)

Nature



When I let the dogs out this afternoon... and I went back to let them in, Molly looked at me like ... No way..it's nice out here. lol
Hope you all have a relaxing and enjoyable day!


9 comments:

Catherine said...

That embossing technique totally rocks! LOVE how the copper looks...wow!

Elaine said...

That is one cool technique! I don't know that I got the screens, so now I'll have to put them on my list for the CK show in November or maybe give in before then and order online...ack!

LOVE your scenery there it's like the epitome of fall and it is just so beautiful!!!

chelemom said...

WOW! Very cool technique!!! Must give this a try!!! And I agree.....fall IS The best time of year! Just planted my mums and pulled out all of my Halloween decorations this weekend!

Julie said...

Are you kidding me??? That box is amazing! Love that technique--gotta try it. You always come up with such fabulous stuff! LOVE your fall photos--my favorite time of year, as well...this is when I come to life! Thanks for sharing those beautiful scenes.

Debbie K. said...

Beautiful box, Ms. Vicki! I'll have to give that technique a try one of these days:) Love the fall pictures and Molly is soooo cute looking up at you.

Angie said...

Beautiful pictures Vicki, and I love your project!

Micki said...

OMG, that is an awesome technique. I'm pretty sure Spellbinders will have a booth this next weekend at CK in KC..... will you be there??? (oh my poor wallet, lol)

And WOW, your photos are outta this world!!!!!! Awesome.... you really should check out I Heart Faces.... I love love love the one of the sunset!!!!

Ellen said...

What a beautiful embossed box !!
It's gorgeous !!

harrahx2 said...

You are amazing!