Monday, October 26, 2009

Starting of the week

I spent much of the weekend just catching up on things around here.. and chilling a bit. I did work on this frame. It was a clearance table frame that I just loved the shape of. I'm glad I got a number of them because I can see the potential. It was so fun to make.
The beautiful lady in the photos is my grandma Bendig.


We had bits of sunshine this weekend ..but for the most part not an "outside" activities sort of weekend. Okay by me.. because I had plenty to do inside. I even when through things in my work room and organized and PURGED big time. Feels good to have that done. Lots more I want to go through..but I got a good start.

Aly and Molly even got baths this weekend. That's enough to wear me out. By the time they both get washed and dried, I get the bathroom scrubbed from top to bottom, then get through the shower ...and do up the towels.... I'm pooped!
Aly is not fond of her bath.. can you tell?
Note: there is no photo of Molly .. why you ask? Um.. well lets just say , my hands are full! She isn't quite and obedient as miss Aly. I love her..but she wears me out! lol


Lots to get done today .. so I better get on it!

Don't forget about getting your name in for the giveaway in the post below.

Have a wonderful day friends!

13 comments:

Findings Art by Donna said...

I get that look at doggy bath time too. :)

cards4u said...

The frame turned out beautiful!! Love the little tag! Isn't it fun to have family picture like this?

Jessica said...

What a gorgeous frame and a beautiful lady, too! I love those papers and the velvet flowers.

MJ said...

What a great day to celebrate your grandmother!

I find it quite humorous reading about your dog-bathing experiences. K insisted the other day that she is ready and able to bathe a dog in her most recent plea for a dog adoption. Your post re-confirmed my suspicions!

Elaine said...

Aren't bathrooms the worst? I hate all that scrubbing in the shower and tub! ICK!

Love your pretty frame! So glad you got to stay home and 'relax' over the w/e!!

Debbie Kaste said...

Beautiful frame Vicki! No surprise there:) Love the shot of your baby in the tub....lol! She looks soooo sad but I bet she smells real nice now:) Yep, those babies are a lot of work but sure worth it.

Jane Wetzel said...

the frame is STUNNING..WOW...love those doggies..ha ha!

Kara Ward said...

Poor baby! Dog baths are for the dogs. My lab and I wrestle through bath time. I think I am wearing more water on me than she is.

Susan N. said...

Beautiful frame. Your dog has that look on her face "get me out of here" :). She is so cute.

harrahx2 said...

I love that picture of the pup. So darn cute! Your frame is wonderful. Did you do the entire thing ni paper? So nice.

Bettyann said...

the frame is beautiful... omg what a sad face Aly makes will in a lovely war, and soapy bath fit for a queen lol

Gail S. said...

I love that face - mean mommy!! Love your frame also :-)

Julie said...

Beautiful frame, Vicki! Great idea--I've got so many wonderful old family photos like that, I need to be a bit more creative--they're all in conventional frames, but I think it's time to zip them up a bit!