Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Crafty Secrets Challenges at Splitcoast

***** REMINDER**** My Sketch challenge is Friday. Any one is welcome to play
I'll love to have you. Here's the post about it.
Sketch Challenge
_______________________________________________
Speeking of challenges......
Today I'm sharing the card I made for last weeks Crafty Secrets Challenge over at Splitcoast. Those girls do a fantastic job hosting /and participating in these challenges. They do a new one each week. You can see them posted HERE
Everyone is welcome to play along!


Yesterday we took the dogs for a ride out to the cabin to have a little run. You can tell winter is coming because.. not only was is cold ..but dreary... and those beautiful colors of the trees changing ..just a couple of weeks ago.. has turned to just shades of BROWN. Welcome to winter in Nebraska. lol


We had to take Aly to the Vet yesteday because when mom was here she had noticed a large lump on Aly's neck. They did blood work yesterday and called today with the results. It's not thyroid.. which is what I was kind of thinking. The vet said it "concerns" him.. and I can guarantee you it has us worried. Today she started on antibiotics to see if it has any effect on the size.
If it doesnt ...then a biopsy.. although it is in a place where it can't be removed with surgery. So...please keep our sweet Aly in your prayers. You know how I am about my pups.. so it's really scary. I love this old dog so much.

I've been trying to keep myslef busy, so I'm not dwelling on test results.. so last night I started cleaning out and re- organizing my Class supply closet. Feels so good to go through some things.. get rid of some , just "regroup". It's a great feeling to have it all done.

------------------------------------------------------

Look what I got in the mail today.... I ordered them a while back and have been awaiting the arrival. lol

Now .. that is some serious Roger Clyne and Peacemakers. lol


Hope you are all having a great start to your week.

Hugs

14 comments:

Jan said...

AWWW..I love my sweet P.D (Puppy Dog) too :) I'll remember your sweet buddy in my prayers!
I made a wall hanging for your challenge and am not sure how the linking thing works.

Bettyann said...

sweet puppy...cleaning keeps my mind off things also..take care..

Elaine said...

Brrrrr!! Your photo of the river makes me chilly just looking at it! I hope sweetness gets better soon!! I will be saying a prayer and sending the BEST vibes over to you and puppy lovey! hugs to you Vicki - take care!

Tasha said...

Love the card - the paper is so fab and i love the design its gorgeous
love tasha xx

Ellen said...

Your card is so beautiful, love the vintage touch.
Ohh I adore my cats too and know what you're feeling right now. I'll be thinking of you and your little friend and hope it all turns out right !!

Debbie Kaste said...

Hope Ally is o.k., Vicki. I know we worry about our baby too when somethings not quite right. I'm with you in trying to keep busy and not think too much about it. Beautiful card you created, make more!!!!

Debbie Kaste said...

Hope Ally is o.k., Vicki. I know we worry about our baby too when somethings not quite right. I'm with you in trying to keep busy and not think too much about it. Beautiful card you created, make more!!!!

Nancy said...

Oh, I feel your aching heart for your dear, sweet Aly. I am a dedicated dog lover too. Dogs have a way of burrowing into our hearts like no one else can. Glad you were able to get a big chore done and it always feels good to get re-organized!
XOXO
NANCY

Pam said...

Oh...I'll send my prayers too Vicki. I totally understand what you're feeling. {hugs}

Country Liv . . . said...

Please give Aly a hug from me; I truly feel like I know her and will be praying profusely for her well being! And for you too!
Hugs,
Liv

Jane Wetzel said...

Oh Vicki..poor baby dog..I know how u r feeling..hang in there! :(

Catherine said...

Hope my dear Aly is going OK, and you too!! You can come and clean my closet when you are done with yours, LOL. Miss you!

Thanh said...

Aly looks like such a sweet pup, Vicki. Let us know asap when you hear about her results.

Kathi said...

Vicki, I was directed to your blog by my friend Jane and she told me about your pup Aly and what you are going through. She knows what a huge dog lover I am and that I might want to read about Aly. What a sweet, sweet face, I can tell she is very special. I am keeping her in my prayers that everything will be fine. I know how scary it is to not know what is going on and I am praying for you too. Please keep us posted on how she is doing. And I love your blog, what beautiful creations!!!