Monday, November 23, 2009

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge (Christmas)

What a way to start off the week, now that I'm home! A Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge. I always look so forward to these. Once again.. the girls have come up with some amazing creations... so be sure to check them out, on the links at the end of this post.
I used images and sayings from the "Christmas" Image and Journal Notes Books for my project. When we decided to make the challenge be "Christmas"... that certainly gave us alot to choose from , because Crafty Secrets has so many different Christmas products. ( and all of them are fantastic)
I had found a couple of different styles of these "fillable" Christmas bulbs at the Craft store a while back , and have been wanting to do something with them.. so ...

I actually did the same image on both sides of my ornament. ... not really sure why , now that I think about it... because there are SO many CUTE images in this book that would work. hmmm...... guess I'll just have to make more. lol

These fillable balls are available at, Hobby Lobby, Micheal's, ect.. and are really inexpensive.

This is the larger , lighter plastic one. It opens differently than the two bottom ones I have posted here. And it doesn't have the pretty metal trim.
I added the goodies on top and the snow to the inside , after adding Stickles to the image and letting it dry.


I used sayings and bits of papers from the same book to add to these two smaller ones.

Even that music paper print that I cut with my large scalloped scissors is out of the Christmas , Image and Journal book.


These were really fun to play with. I'll be heading back to HL this week to get more. I think they would make cute little gifts.
***Here are the links you will defiantly want to check out today***
EDITED
(just a update to let you know my blog posted a bit early so everyone will have their posts up by 10am central time)
Design Team




26 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Those ornaments are fantastic!! I like how you used them, with two such different ideas.

Tasha said...

Wow these ornaments are just fabulous! Love them and so creative - definnately somehing fun to try!
love tasha xx

Heidi Blankenship said...

Oh, Vicki I love these ornaments! They are Beautiful!! I love the images you used and the tiny little trees in the other two ornaments are adorable! I wish we had a HL that was closer--I love those fill-able ornaments! Thanks for another Fantastic Challenge!!

Pam said...

Oh my.....I LOVE these Vicki, the images and embellishments are so sweet!

I need to go to HL, mine is an hour away, so it has to be on a free weekend.....LOVE these!

Piali said...

So Pretty!!!Love these ornaments..have to try it sometime.

Julie said...

LOVE these, Vicki! Going to run out to Michaels' today and get some of these ornaments--hope they have them! Fabulous idea!

chelemom said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

LindaC said...

You continue to amaze me with the ideas you have. Love the ornaments. Lindac

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

These are ADORABLE!!! Love what you have created here! You are SO CLEVER!!! Happy Day!!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vic...Love these..maybe I am gonna make a trip to our HL here! GORGEOUS! :)

Marisa said...

Vicki you did a wonderful job with those ornaments. They are sooooooo pretty. I have been wanting to try making some of these but have been putting it aside for some time now. You just gave me the inspiration to give it a try.

Patty M said...

Vicki, these are just gorgeous. They almost seem to float. Beautiful...

stampqueen said...

Those ornaments are wonderful!!! I have had a few here to do for a couple years - shame on me - wonder where they are....

Linda D said...

Vicki, I love your ornaments, both of them. Your work is always beautiful.

Susan said...

These ornaments are gorgeous! I will have to get some at HL. Darling!
Susan

Paben said...

Gorgeous as always,Gets me in the Christmas Spirit!It looks like you had A fun time,but I am glad you are home!

Sheri said...

One of the most beautiful, magical things I've ever seen! Well done!

Diane said...

Gorgeous ornaments! Love all of them.....where did you get those pretty little pink trees??

Ellen said...

So so beautiful love crafty secrets products I wish there were more here in the Netherlands !!
You did a wonderful job Vicki.

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, these are so cute. I have never seen the ones that opn and how did you geth the item inside the one that doesn't? Too darn cute. I love the big one with the pictures (the one I can't figure out...duh) it just looks surreal!

Catherine said...

Vic, your ornaments are GORGEOUS!! I love love love the one that opens with the bottle brush tree - I've been looking for little ones like that forever!! Gorgeous my dear, simply gorgeous!

Jan said...

Vicki,
Your ornaments are gorgeous and I love the ones that open from the side. Very pretty, as always :)

trendyscrapper said...

seriously amazing work I love your ornaments.

Elaine said...

My goodness! I've missed your creations while our internet was out of order/messed up! These are the prettiest little ornaments ever made! I soooo wish I had picked up the other little booklets from Crafty Secrets! Thank you for sharing these beautiful inspiring ornaments Vicki!! You are amazing, sistah! ;-)

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!! I"m so glad I finally found time to do this blog hop! Those ornaments are truely sensational, gorgeous, spectacular!!

I would like to invite you to check out a "March for the Snowmen" Blog Hop I am participating in tomorrow. Probably 1/2 of the particpates are giving away blog candy!
http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com

Hanni said...

wow, these ornaments are so beautiful, how did you get the metal rims, or let me say, where did you get the metal rims for the closing of this wonderful ornament with the tree.