Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Holidays are in full swing

Just over the past few days, I've really been feeling the energy of the Holidays in the air. Thanksgiving weekend has been a busy one.. and Christmas is creeping up faster than I'd like. I spent today, putting up the tree and getting out some Christmas stuff. I still have plenty to do..but it feels good to have a bit of it done anyway.

Maybe because I've been gone so much lately... I am really looking forward to being home and enjoying the Holidays! Trying not to be so rushed all the time. I love just being at home on a snowy day, baking.. listening to Christmas music... ahhhh. Hopefully there will be a few days like that this year.


I haven't done much in the way of projects for a few days..but I did do these the other other night. Remember when I showed you the cuff I got when I was in Colorado. I loved it... so I paid the $40...but I kept thinking ... how easy they would probably be to make and how fun it would be to use some of the vintage buttons on them.
Here's what I came up with. They were fun, so I'm defiantly planning to make some more.
Gave them to the girls in the fam.. on Thanksgiving .. so I need to work on a few more. I was short a few.


On Thanksgiving I also got to show Amy (Addisons mom) the photo of her and Grandma Dunn, on this layout in Scrapbook Trends. Addy has grown so much since this.
Like I said.. it's been a busy weekend...but lots of fun for sure. Jan, Neely and I went to see "New Moon" again yesterday in Lincoln. It was SUCH a fun day!
We shared some blue cotton candy. lol The tell tell signs...
After the movie... we shopped some .. and cased Hob Lob. It's always fun to have something new to put out for the Holidays. I loved this. Mine now. lol

Oh.. and I've always wanted a chandelier for my studio. lol..... half price in the Christmas ornaments at HL. It's may only be 8 inches tall..but it's still a chandelier in my mind. lol

Jarad and Kate are in the process of moving to a new place this weekend. Like I said... "busy weekend". We helped them a bit the other night..but hope to be able to help them out more over the next couple of days. I'm excited for them. Its a great place out by the lake. Actually they'll be hosting Christmas there this year. ( thanks guys). It should be alot of fun. I'm looking forward to it.
While they are in the middle of moving ... Cloey is hanging with us. We love her.. and she fits right in.

Tomorrow is a new day.. and I'm hoping to have time to play with the new
"Kitchen Time" cuts from Crafty Secrets.... Oh..they are SOOO Cute! I'll be sharing soon I promise. You're going to love them!
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!


7 comments:

stampqueen said...

Love the braclets!!! Looks like a fun idea. My DH and the Kiddos put up the tree yesterday while I was at work - I should be able to finish decorating and putting away Halloween decs tomorrow ( I need to get busy and do some sewing - I have material for 3/4 tops for work that are Christmas theme...)

Scrapthat said...

I LOVE your bracelets too! Could you please share as to how you attached your vintage buttons?? VERY pretty. :)

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Hi Vicki dear!!
I love your ornament baskets! and your chandelier too, I might do that!!! LOL

Where did you get your leather cuffs for the DIY ones? Are they BG or 7gypsies, I have no clue! julie ann dot shahin at gmail dot com

Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday!
xoxo,
ja

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Hi Vicki dear!!
I love your ornament baskets! and your chandelier too, I might do that!!! LOL

Where did you get your leather cuffs for the DIY ones? Are they BG or 7gypsies, I have no clue! julie ann dot shahin at gmail dot com

Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday!
xoxo,
ja

Shawn said...

I'm finally getting around to reading blogs! Love your Christmas decor. What a cute bunch of puppies. Your cuffs are cute! Happy Holidays to you!

Bettyann said...

Busy times..love the look of your bracelets..love, love the cute chandelier....I would love one for the bedroom..take care..

Catherine said...

Your bracelets look very very lovely! Have a great week.....