Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Just to make you smile

I love all the Crafty Secrets Images ..but every once in a while there are those that just really make me smile... and this is one of them! I love everything about it, the image, the colors ..just everything!
Image from the Creative Scraps "Birds and Blossoms" sheets
Papers from the Classic Paper Pad

I've had a bunch of these tins in my stash .. forever.. and keep thinking I should make a little embellishment holder , that I can take with me to shows. It's a small enough size that it will be easy to pack.. but it sure holds a little bit of alot of different things. Which is good , because you just never know what you might need.. right? lol

Set to go now.

____________________________________
Speaking of things that make you smile. I have to share with you what came in the mail the other day. I ordered this when I was in Canada. I saw the lady that hand makes these, had these pups that looked so much like Aly and Molly..but they were separate. She said.. "no problem.. I can make them together". YAY!
I'm thrilled with them! You can check out here website HERE if you are interested in her work. She has lots to look at.

*** Aly***.... for those of you who have asked about updates on Aly. I took her for the biopsy on Monday.. so now we wait for the results. It had to be sent away.. and with the Holiday.. it might be a few days longer. Please say a little prayer. Thanks. I did feel some better when the Vet called me in the room and said he thought it had reduced in size! (hope). When I was gone last week in Colorado.. Dan had called and said, he thought it was smaller..but when I got home and checked it , I didn't think so. I didn't mention that to the Vet..so when he thought he it was smaller I was really happy. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

_______________________________________
Okay.. speaking of things that make me smile... Here's a little hint of something to come that's been in the works for me. I'm so excited to share it all with you..but I have to hold off a bit longer. Oh.. .CHA secrets are so hard to keep!! lol I'm giddy about this.. and think you will like it too!

____________________________
Okay... Next subject.. Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for I cant begin to list..but I incase I don't say it often enough...
I am SO thankful for the friends I've made here .. through blogging. You girls make my day so often ..you have no idea. Thankyou for being my long distance friends.. even if we've never met in person.. I feel like I know you. Thank you for coming by , reading my ramblings.. and leaving me comments.. sharing a little bit of yourselves with me. I love it! Thankyou for letting me share not only my art ..but my family with you. Speaking of things I am thankful for ...
my family... I'm a lucky girl!
Love you all!
Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!!

15 comments:

Bettyann said...

Happy Thanksgiving Vicki to you and your family..I am so lucky to have met you and taken the class with you..you are so authentic and kind..keep my fingers crossed for Aly..take care..hope to see you another time..

Elaine A said...

Vickie -

I'll keep Aly in my prayers that all goes well with her. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Elaine Allen

debbie k said...

I pray too that Aly will be o.k. Our dog is our baby so I know where you're coming from. Have a wonderful, fun Thanksgiving, Ms. Vicki. Love your little decorated container....Can't wait to see what you will be making next:)

Bev said...

Glad to hear about your pup...keeping my fingers crossed! Those little buttons are cute! And I'm guessing your little "secret" has something to do with an Accu-cut. Hmmmmm....

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Marisa said...

Vicki, hope everything is well with your dog.

Love the container with that image. Soooooooooo cute.

Okay, between you and Sandy you have gotten my curiousity going. But I am sure that whatever it is, it must be something real cool and fun to play with.

Take Care

Heidi Blankenship said...

I love your little decorative tin and omgosh I can believe how much it holds! The buttons are adorable! I will keep your sweet Aly in my prayers. CHA secrets--it's that time of year--I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!! Vicki, I hope you and your family have a Wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving!! (((Hugs)))

Pattyjo said...

Vic...your decorated box is just Beautiful! I have a box like that in my purse (not as pretty as the one you mad, by far) and I have my Grandkids pictures in there. Accordian style.
I will say a special prayer for Aly.
Have a Nice Thanksgiving.
Pattyjo

Ali said...

Oh what dear little feathered friends! And GREAT organizing box- I love to organize ANYTHING. A passion of mine.... teehee.... Sweet!

I love everything you make Vicki--AWESOME.

On another note, I said a little prayer for Aly's well-being -->and also posted the prayer/good thought request on my blog this AM for my friends to see/read/act on.

And HAPPY USA THANKSGIVING!! I am THANKFUL for **you** too! xox

Love, Ali

mindy said...

thanks for sharing Vicki....you are so talented!

Jane Wetzel said...

Best wishes to you and your family Vicki! I love my dogs too so I am thinking of you! Blessings to you!

Country Liv . . . said...

You just have to know that Aly is in my prayers! I'm so glad the mass seems to be shrinking - - - power of prayer for pups! Yay

Michelle said...

Vickie, Ali mention to come by and say a prayer about Aly!
I sure hope Aly will be ok through this and you receive good news from the vet.
Prayers and hugs!!

Elaine said...

It's officially AFTER Thanksgiving, but I hope you had a wonderful day! Hugs to you and for Aly too!
Such a sweet container to share with friends...the bird image is darling on the top! I can't wait to see what the newest Crafty Secrets surprise is!!

Creative Mish said...

That is the cutest little tin! I love the birds! I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving..

The Vintage Studio said...

The bracelets turned out great Vicki! Had to laugh-I just bought a chandelier nightlight a little while ago for the same reasons as you!