Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Tattered Angels/Graphic 45

This month Tattered Angels and Graphic 45 are mixing it up once again. You will defiantly want to check out the Glimmer Mist blog and see all the Gorgeous creations the DT has been posting. My projects will be posted on the 19th.. but here's another peek at one of mine.

This a 8x10 canvas ( but I decided a few years ago.. that working them backwards is most fun)lol I flip my canvas over and work from the back side. I love that this gives you a wood frame all the way around.
I used Sandy Beach 60430 Glimmer Mist, for my background color on my canvas. As you can see in the photo below.. I spray it on the wood inside edges also. As for the G45 paper line.. if you hadn't guessed .. this line is called "Domestic Goddess" lol


_______________________________________

Today my nephew and his wife came to down to visit for a couple of hours. I met them at moms and the four of us had a nice little lunch at the diner. Super cute place huh?


I had some running to do. So after leaving them , I got a few things checked off my list of things to do while I was in town. I have been looking for a new pair of black shoes... finally.. I think I found some that are comfortable and cute. YAY!



Tonight I pulled out the suitcases and "started" putting a few things in .. so I'd be ready come Friday morning. I'm looking forward to next week in CO with the Tattered Angels girls ...just been alittle worried about leaving Aly pup.. concidering all that has been going on with her. No change at this point , and she is still on the antibiotics.. so nothing more can be done for a bit anyway. She is acting fine like nothing at all is wrong. It makes us just want to wish it away and for her to be fine. Dan loves her as much as I do.. so I know he will take good care of her while I'm gone. I'll keep you posted after we see the Vet when I get home. Please keep Aly pup in your prayers. Thankyou!


I've been working on some Christmas Cards using these Crafty Secrets "Christmas" Creative Scraps. I'll share them tomorrow.

Christmas??? eeeek.. it's sneeking up quick huh.
I wont be one of "those people" who freak "me" out every year by saying ... "did you know there are only __ days left until Christmas?" lol
Why do people do that? Just to see all of the color fall from my face. lol
not good


11 comments:

Catherine said...

I love graphic 45 - just wish your project said domestically challenged - like I am ...LOL. It's pretty btw.

Have a fun trip this weekend, but Mum's the word on that previous email until it's "official"!! xox.

Charlene said...

Have a great trip! Hope Aly is doing better when you get back. These fur babies just rule our hearts don't they? My Reba is going to be 12 in january & is getting to be an old lady. But,sweet beyond belief.

Check the post I did today. Julie uses A LOT of Crafty Secret stuff. She does great stuff. Reminds me of you Ms Super Crafty! Have FUN! ~Charlene

Elaine said...

I would have never thought to flip the canvas around - how clever! Love the cute new shoes too! Wishing the best for Aly to get better right NOW!! Have a great time with the TAGirls! Can't wait to see what you do with the new images from Crafty Secrets - they are ADORABLE!! And that reminds me -- I need to pick out a few more things from the line!! :)

Nat said...

what a cool idea with flipping the canvas- yeah!!! Love your project and thinking of Aly!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

hey Vickie, thinking of you and your pup..LOVE this project..gees you got me running to the craft store! Have fun on your trip!

Trisha Ladouceur said...

Looking forward to seeing you next week in Colorado... should be a tonne of fun!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Cute shoes!! Where did you get them and how much were they? I am in need of a cute pair of clogs!!

harrahx2 said...

You know, things get away from us....time being one of them. I hope you have a productive trip. That restaurant looks amazing! Wish it were my kitchen. It is so cool. Hugs and what a great "goddess" you make!

Country Liv . . . said...

Like the 'backwards' frame idea and yours is cool.
My prayers with all of you!
Hugs,
Liv

TexasGrammy said...

Oh yeah! Love that Graphics 45 dsp for sure! I adored perusing their booth at CHA ... shhhhh! Domestic Goddess?? Darling card .. and it makes me giggle! (If you could see the housework I still need to get done this week ...)
(((hugs))) for Aly. Have a fab trip to CO. Love the new toe covers!

~Bev

Tammy Tutterow said...

Okay, I have scoured the net for those shoes. I love them and need them! Any clues on where to find them?