Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Craft'n some Christmas Ornaments

I have to give total credit to my friend from Tattered Angels ,Michelle Jackson, for the the inspiration for this these fun ornaments. Michelle gave me one when I was in CO visiting .. and I thought it was so adorable I had to make some.
They are made with the small oval paper machae containers that you can get at just about any crafty store and...

The NEW
Christmas Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage

and.....
Framed Fonts "Regal" from Tattered Angels


It's easy to see.. you can embellish with about any little Christmas do dads your little heart desires.

After doing all these.. I still had tons of images left on my "Double sheet" of images.

Here's a bit of a side view.. so you can see the depth.

I had been thinking how fun it might be to add a piece of transparency or acrylic to be able to make it into a sort of shaker box .. so I could add snow.

It worked perfectly!

Let me tell you.. they are addicting.. once you start ..you don't want to stop. lol

This one , I didn't make into a shaker box.. I just added stickels for snow.


Stickles here also.

Thanks for the inspiration Miss M!
________________________________________

I helped Jarad and Kate move a few things and clean a bit at the old house tonight. It was hard to take Cloey back home.. we are so attached to that pup. lol The place they are moving to is out by the lake and much more open than the place they are in now. I'm excited for them. We are actually having our( big) family Christmas there, this year.. so we'll break it in right. lol ( am I scaring you kate?) lol No , really I'm seriously jazzed about doing something different this year. It will be fun!
___
Dan and Wes are down with bad colds. ( I AM NOT GETTING IT!). I'm determined not to get sick! I WILL NOT! Seems like everyone has the sickies right now... so I'm washing my hands a hundred times a day ,and just willing the germs AWAY!
Wish me luck! lol
Have a happy day my friends!

17 comments:

janel said...

Beautiful glimmery ornaments. Stay well and healthy. Loved your Thanksgiving slide show, and it was great to see all the fun...all those kids are growing...and your mom looks great. Have a wonderful day.

Sugar Bear said...

I absolutely adore the ornaments Vicki! They are perfect. When I looked at them quickly I though they were vanity mirrors - that would make fun ornaments as well.
Hugs,
Karla

Catherine said...

I just love these - especially the girlie near the tree....simply divine!! THANKS for sharing....what a great project!!

Charlene said...

Love these!!!! I want to make some soon. Thanks for sharing!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Good luck staying well!

harrahx2 said...

Okay, way too much to catch up on. Love the ornaments...you need to show the paper mache bare so I can see what it is. Love them! Glad to hear about the pup and keeping her in my prayers. Loved the pics and hope that there's a wedding in your future? Christmas is coming and I am so not ready! Hugs to you and thinking of you always.

Bettyann said...

love the glimmery christmas ornaments..thanks for sharing..no cold no cold..lol

Elaine said...

Vicki!! These are some of the best ornaments I've ever seen!! How fun that you made them out of little boxes and added extras until they were just perfect. I bet your tree is gorgeous! :) Hope you are well my friend! hugs,Elaine :)

mindy said...

Love the ornaments. The snowpeople are just the cutest!!

Jane Wetzel said...

just so gorgeous! Love these ornaments!

chelemom said...

These are beautiful!!! What a great idea for the scraps!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous ornaments Vicki. Love the gorgeous images inside. TFS!

Ellen said...

Yess they are so beautiful, love what you did with the frames. I too have made ornaments with these frames and they look so lovely !!

Ellen

Heidi Blankenship said...

Vicki, I love these little ornaments! They are so adorable and what a clever idea! I am going to have to make some of these!

Tina said...

Wowo- these are amazing...I am getting my stuff together right now and getting started on my own. Thanks for the inspiration.

rosy3108 said...

gorgeos ornements!

MJ said...

I love these ornaments! Sorry to read about Ally! I agree to enjoy the time remaining with her!

Reading through these posts reminds me how y local scrapbooking shop (with Glimmer Mist) closed. This makes me so sad. I tried hard to keep her open; the rent must have been too high.