Thursday, December 03, 2009

Excitment at Tattered Angels

There is lots of excitement at TA right now... and trust me it's for good reason. Not only is there amazing new product coming out for CHA that will blow you away...but there is also a new addition to TA that has us all giddy with excitement !
Don't you just hate it when I tease like this? lol I'd tell you.. I really would ...but I'm SWORN to secrecy for 11 more days..until it's officially announced on the TA blog. ( you can see the count down HERE)
Secrets are hard for me.. ( surprise , surprise)... so it was really hard to put a big "?" in place of "the person" in the TA company photo taken at our Christmas party when I was in Colorado.


Have I taunted you enough? Can I taunt you more? ...and tell you.. I bet you know this person? I bet you do


Okay, Okay.. enough with the teasing .. I'm regressing to a 4th grader now. lol
I promised I'll tell you as soon as I can!

*****************************************************

I thought I'd share one of the projects I worked on while I was in Colorado.
I used the new Timeless Romance goodies
(sorry the photos aren't that fantastic... I took them on the sidewalk outside the TA warehouse.) lol

** Info about the new product ..from the TA blog**
First is our Brand NEW 12×12 stamp set (22 total stamps!!!!) This stamp set will resume the same quality as all of our other stamp sets with its “Thin Mount” style. This means that the packaging is reinforced (nice and thick) so that you don’t need to use a stamp block you can just go ahead and use the packaging to create your stamps! Can you imaging just how much fun this set will be to create Valentine projects??? I bet your mind is already racing!!!!
next we have our Brand NEW Timeless Romance Glimmer Screens to be used with our Timeless Romance 12×12 Stamp Set. These screens will coordinate with our Stamp set to create some beautiful “Screen Printed” images. This pairing is exactly what you can expect from other Tattered Angels Stamps. As well we have in this picture our Brand new Timeless Romance Collection Colors (these colors will reside as a part of our new Timeless Romance Collection and are not planned on being retired) These Colors are:
Dazzling Diamonds (clear base with a vintage opalescent pearl glimmer)
Chocolate Covered Cherries (A true chocolate brown with a sparkly cherry glimmer)
S.W.A.K (a vivid fuchsia with a blackish glimmer).
In the last pic is our brand new Timeless Romance Calling Card set. These Calling cards are made with the same durable material as our Bingo Boards and are packaged with two each of four different designs in three different sizes. (Now THAT is a math problem ready to happen!) This set has a total of 24 cards in it!




Isn't this stamp just gorgeous?


I used Chip Tiles to create this album. I love the raised embossing on these.. it really shows up after being sprayed or inked.


They are so diverse. You can use them individually , or together to make an album, swag, standing tri-fold.. ect.

Remember to watch the Tattered Angles sight for the big announcement.


****************************************

Update on Aly

I havent really felt like blogging this week because I'be been alittle sad..but
So many of you have emailed and asked about if we found out anything yet with Aly's tests, and how she is doing... I just want to say THANKYOU! It means alot to me.
As for how she is acting.. like nothings wrong.. active, loving, playful.. all the things Aly always is. As for the test results.. not so good. It turns out.. it is what we feared. I was crushed when the Vet called.. we all were. But we have no idea what type of cancer it is , or how fast spreading. To know that we would have to take her to a place in Omaha that could do more tests.. and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I want to do that. It's inoperable so we just want to love her for as long as we can.. and who knows that could be quite a while. I have to think positive or it devastates me. Thankyou for understanding ( even if your not a dog person) how much these crazy dogs mean to me. Please keep my little Aly bell in your prayers .. shes pretty darn special to us around here.


Thanks, Vic


21 comments:

Louloupi said...

Hi Vicky,

I introduce myself, Louloupi french Tattered angels ;-)

It's not fair .... I am so far away then I can't know :-(

What a beautiful Tatterd Angels tee-shirt!!!!

I send you and to your lovely dog so many kisses full of comfort and positives vibes...For this difficult period.

Very very big kisses to all your family

Louloupi ;-)

Bettyann said...

kisses and hugs to Aly..love, love the new project you completed, wow colours are so vibrant..take care..

Catherine said...

oh boy, secrets - I don't like ti when you keep things from me. I may have to fly out there and take matters into my own hands....LOL.

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear that about your little Aly. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I too lost my dog. Not to cancer but I DO understand how you feel. They are just furry children. Her face is so sweet. How could you not love her.
XXX
Heather

Elaine said...

Oh Dear Heart!! I am so sorry to read about Aly! I was hoping there'd be better news, or that they possibly had made a mistake...My heart is with you - thinking and praying Aly is not hurting...and glad that she's STILL her same self as before. Much love to you all.

And yes, I love your project - even on the sidewalk and you are a stinker to tease like that about TA!
♥E

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Aly! I'm a huge dog person, so I totally understand...love, prayers and puppy kisses for Ally!
Oh, I might know who the newest Angel is! I wonder if it's who I think it is! Exciting stuff!

justjan said...

Oh my...I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my cheeks...the news about your sweet Aly just breaks my heart. I know exactly what you're going through. We went through the exact same thing about two years ago with our precious Phoebe. One day she was happy and healthy, or so we thought, the next, VERY ill...within a week we made the decision to have her put down since her time was very short and full of pain. Cancer can ravage an animal as quickly as we humans. I've so been hoping that your Aly's tests would prove to be on the positive side of things...my heart goes out to you and your family. My greatest solace came while holding Phoebe during the final procedure as she drifted off, it was the last thing I could do for her given all the things she had done for us in the time we had with her. You're so right...these silly animals bring soooo much into our lives!

justjan said...

Oh my...I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my cheeks...the news about your sweet Aly just breaks my heart. I know exactly what you're going through. We went through the exact same thing about two years ago with our precious Phoebe. One day she was happy and healthy, or so we thought, the next, VERY ill...within a week we made the decision to have her put down since her time was very short and full of pain. Cancer can ravage an animal as quickly as we humans. I've so been hoping that your Aly's tests would prove to be on the positive side of things...my heart goes out to you and your family. My greatest solace came while holding Phoebe during the final procedure as she drifted off, it was the last thing I could do for her given all the things she had done for us in the time we had with her. You're so right...these silly animals bring soooo much into our lives!

justjan said...

Oh my...I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my cheeks...the news about your sweet Aly just breaks my heart. I know exactly what you're going through. We went through the exact same thing about two years ago with our precious Phoebe. One day she was happy and healthy, or so we thought, the next, VERY ill...within a week we made the decision to have her put down since her time was very short and full of pain. Cancer can ravage an animal as quickly as we humans. I've so been hoping that your Aly's tests would prove to be on the positive side of things...my heart goes out to you and your family. My greatest solace came while holding Phoebe during the final procedure as she drifted off, it was the last thing I could do for her given all the things she had done for us in the time we had with her. You're so right...these silly animals bring soooo much into our lives!

Ali said...

Hi Vicki....

HUGE KUDOS for the gorgeous work you displayed on the blog yet AGAIN... WOW.

And HUGE HUGZ to you re: Aly. She is so blessed to have you as her family. She will be a happy camper spending the sunset time mwith you all.

BTDT- I TOTALLY understand- you know you can easily reach me anytime you need to "talk" about it...
Thinking of you all: critters and ppl!!
Love, Ali

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vicki...all I can say is WOW...this new stuff is just AMAZING...and I really know how u feel bout your baby..so sorry..my thoughts are with you..

Heidi Blankenship said...

Oh, Vicki I am so sorry to hear about Aly! I was hoping and praying you would have better news. It is so hard, the animals in our lives become part of our lives and are family. Love her up every minute! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok now I will admit the secret is driving me NUTS--LOL!! I can't wait to see who is behind the ? mark!!

LOVE your altered album! GORGEOUS!!! I love the new GM colors and the GS are absolutely Beautiful!!

Thinking of Aly, you and your family. (((Hugs)))

Vicki said...

So sorry to hear about Aly. We found out last Thanksgiving eve that our dog, Buddy, had cancer. We didn't think he'd make it through Christmas, but he did and on January 9th we knew we had to put him down. It was so hard, but enjoy all the time you have with Aly now and take lots of pictures. Praying for your family.

Pattyjo said...

Oh Vickie, I am so sorry about Aly! I am with you on just loving him as long as you can, and I am sure the vet will give you something to keep him comfortable until he goes. Here's a big hug and kiss for you sweetie!
Patty Holschen

Country Liv . . . said...

my heart is breaking for you . . .
I agree with your decision not to put her through the stress and pain of tests. It just tears the heart to see the confusion in your baby's eyes when you put them through that. Hugs to each and every one of you. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Kim was a little better today!
Hugs,
Liv

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeniseLynn said...

Vicki I am so sorry to hear of Aly's test results and I will keep you all in my prayers. Animals truly are family to those who love them.

Also, hello!! those Tattered Angle stamps rock. I am thrilled to see this set. I've mentioned before that Tattered Angle stuff is hard to find near me but I just met a gal who is re-opening a stamp/art store and I am encouraging her to check it out and carry the goods. *fingers crossed* she opens in January so I'm saving up my Christmas money for sure. I can't wait for her to see these babies!

chelemom said...

Of course all of your projects are beautiful!!!! Pure eye candy!!! As for Aly......I soooooo understand! Our pets are so much a part of the family! I know how crazy I am about my little pup.....So I will keep your Aly in my prayers!!! : )

Linda D said...

Oh Vicki, I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Aly.. I have two little ones myself, and they totally make my day. I will keep Aly, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers for sure. Hang in there... Aly knows she's loved.

createalways said...

AAHH, hugs, I understand the agony you must be feeling. Enjoy the moments ahead with Aly!! I'm doing a LO of my close friends cat who passed last week. Its all I can do for her now!

rose said...

oh no,you have me in tears here, I know your pain having been through it oh heck Vicki sendingyou and aly big hugs.
Do not go and get anymore tests,just enjoy every moment left and I hope its along time