Saturday, January 02, 2010

Christmas with the Family.. finally



Finally we were able to get together and celebrate Christmas with my family. It was certainly COLD ..but no snow or ice coming down to hold us back this weekend.

Jarad and Kate had us all out to their place on the lake and it was such a nice, afternoon and evening. I think everyone had a nice time. (Grandma was all cozy , sitting by the fire). lol

For Christmas we do soups , ordevours, and goodies. Oh my.. do we have good cooks in this family. We had 5 different kids of soup.

I make chicken noodle, Jan make "Sausage Kale", Neely ... Roasted Red pepper, Kate.. Beer Cheese and Diana made "Diabolic" which has Chicken, mushrooms, red papers , green chilies ect... ALL were SO yummy! Thats how you have to do it , to try them all.. a sample of this, a sample of that. lol.

I figured the best way to share the day with you.. is share some photos.. so ..Check em out if you have time. ( if you put your curser over each photo.. you can read the caption )

If I dont get busy making something to share here on the blog soon, I'm going to have to Change the name to "These PHOTOS that make me happy". lol

It was such a fun day!

Happy New Year Everyone!

15 comments:

stampqueen said...

I am sooo hungry now that I have look at your photos!!!!! The Fam looks great!!!

Elaine said...

I have to stop looking at all those appetizing plates food! It's looks delicious and like you all had a great time, Vicki! Love the photo of all the shoes in the entryway too! lol

Susan said...

Glad you could finally get your family together to celebrate! Loved seeing all the pics and the food -yummy! Happy New Year.
Susan

Cathy said...

Yum! Looks delicious! Glad you finally got to celebrate!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi Blankenship said...

Vicki, I'm so glad you were all able to get together for your Christmas celebration! Love seeing all the pictures! Looks like a lot of good times and a ton of yummy food! Happy New Year!!!

Jan said...

Vicki,
Glad you got together with your family and it looks like you're all having a good time :)
THE FOOD Looks so good!!
The pix of the little boy in the dog food (almost ;) is a hoot!
Your home is beautiful :)

Jane Wetzel said...

looks pretty yummy over there Vicki! :)

harrahx2 said...

Okaaaaay, now where are the recipes? Need recipes! Kale & Sausage soup looks yummy and that bread ring is beautiful! I need recipes....along with your cretions...

rush8888 said...

"kids of soup?, eh? !!!!! happy new year!

Country Liv . . . said...

WooHoo! Great photos-Kate and Jarad have a beautiful place. The Grifster is as cute as ever and Nathaniel is such a heartbreaker (heaven help his parents if he gets a singing career!) I keep telling myself I'm gonna make that kale soup but once I leave your blog it falls out of my brain ;o)
Happy Days for All!

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh! Guess what? Our lake froze over last night! Woopee!

Sue said...

Great pictures. It looks like a perfect place for a large family gathering. Mmmmmm, the food looks fabulous. Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Happy New Year Vic, hope it's everything you want it to be and THEN some!! Be seeing you in a few weeks, XoX!!

For You By Me, Liz said...

Can I come to your house for Christmas next year? (LOL)