Monday, January 04, 2010

My 10 faves from 2009

Today when I stopped by my friend Nat's blog... she had done something pretty cool for her post. It was a kind of recap of some of her favorite layouts she'd done in "2009". I LOVED looking at her art again.. and seeing her favorite for the year. Although we have very different styles.. I love her work and her love of techniques! I have known Nat for years "online" (we've been on a number of DT's together over the years). I am excited beyond words that I will get to meet her in person at CHA. Her, Cat and I.. all in the same place at once! Woo Hoo.. we have been talking about all of us getting together for years!! Now it's finally going to happen. CHA is coming fast.. which is another reason this is a good time to post this.. because I've been working on CHA stuff that cant be shared "quite yet".. but soon! So here goes...
___________________

The layouts I did in 2009 that I pick as my faves.
Top 10
___________________

I realized when I was picking these that most of the time when I do layouts.. they aren't vintage..but "current" photos.. so when I do see a vintage layout.. instead of a "Vintage project" like I usually do.. I'm happy.. and think.. "hmmm.. I need to do more vintage layouts" lol
This one was for an assignment for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Photo is of my moms side of the family.


I had so much fun with this layout.. stitching with the gold thread Cat gave me.

Yeh baby.. Glimmer Mist all the way on this one. lol

Can mess up kids , puppies and Jenni Bowlin products. lol
Did I mention I LOVE butterflies???


Griffster and Fancy Pants goodies.

Crafty Secrets "Cooking" Image and Journal book used on this one of my Grandmas extension club on an outing.
I had fun looking through my files for these. I think down the road I'll do favorite cards and favorite altered projects.. it seems I tend to do those most.

I probably just need to get motivated to do more layouts.lol

This photo was taken in 2007 and the layout possibly done in 2008.. but that photo will always make it one of my very favorites!

As I looked at these layouts I realized.. first and foremost... it's the photos that tug at my heart.. and make them so special for sure!
I picture "is" worth a thousand words" isnt it.

Hope you enjoyed the stroll through 2009.







10 comments:

Shawn said...

Oh how fun! I saw that on Nat's blog too. Sadly I haven't done hardly any last year! Maybe I can get myself to make some before this new baby comes. :)

Gail S. said...

You are so talented, Vicki! I love the scrapbook pages you make - just beautiful.

L4a said...

Indeed a lovely stroll!!!! And a very good idea, I'm going to have a look at my files too....I guess that will be lots of fun, thanks for showing and sharing!!!!!

Love, Elvira

Elaine said...

What a fun walk down memory lane. I'm totally smitten with Puppy Love! :)

Nat said...

I love those so much- you are my hero :)

I so can't wait to see you - only three weeks to go ...I can't waiiiiittt

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW WOW WOW, all of these layouts are works of art!!! You certainly are TALENTED!

Country Liv . . . said...

Love them all; maybe I should go through your posts and pick out my favs!
Hugs,
Liv

harrahx2 said...

Vic, how quickly Grif has grown up! I love the first one best and the rest second best! (does that count as loving all first? LOL) I love all your work!

Household Relocation services said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Building a house said...

Lovely layouts, I like the different styles and designs of these arts, very impressive.