Thursday, January 14, 2010

New 3D Shadow Boxes and Altered Fairy Scraps for CHA!

I am SO excited to share my little Secret! FINALLY! ( it's been hard for me to keep quiet about something as fun as this.) lol
This is a page out of the new AccuCut catalog. yay!


You know how I love altering photo holders.. ... and creating shadow boxes... well, I came up with an idea for a die that I thought would be really versatile and fun for alot of different projects. So... I worked together with Crafty Secrets and AccuCut to release 2 dies for winter CHA. These dies work GREAT with Crafty Secrets new Altered Fairy Scraps and today is our Design Team Preview to show you how well they work together. ( see "Fairy" Creative Scraps below)**Each of the Creative Scraps come with two sheets. ( so be sure to check out both sides)

Are these adorable or what? ahhh... So many different images to mix and match. You have these fairy images to use, and then also separate hats, wings..ect.. to add to your own photos if you want.
(See that little crabby girl?... Oh my gosh.. she looks to cute with at party hat on.. holding that "Party Pooper" sign.) lol


Okay.. back to the dies. Here's the scoop.....
They are available in a Portrait or Landscape style, each of them has a center shadow box style ‘stage’ to showcase a multitude of creative themes and styles. You can create photos keepsakes, 3D cards, shaker boxes, altered art and dioramas ... you name it.

Both dies will be available from AccuCut and discounted 25% off for orders placed at the CHA Show. Crafty Secrets will also be selling Kits, with or without the Fairy Scraps included.

You can ask your favorite store to order these dies and most stores will let you use their dies if you buy the paper you want to cut from them. AccuCut sells to a variety of retail stores, teachers, kit clubs and consumers. They will be available to order online in Feb.

3D Shadow Box Portrait Die # VC101SJ $165.00 (25% off at CHA Show))

3D Shadow Box Landscape Die # VC102CD $165.00 (25% off at CHA Show)
__________________________

Okay, how about some samples? I'll show you what I've been working on , and then at the bottom of this post.. I'll share the links to all the girls on the Crafty Secrets Design Team ,who are showing off their beautiful projects today. So be sure to check them out. yay!
___________________________________________


Well, my first two samples are on the AccuCut catalog page up at the top of this post..but I'll post them larger ,here on my blog, over the next week.
This one is one I just finished this morning.



I love how well these dies work with these Fairy Images.. whether you want a warm "vintage" look, or and fun colorful cheery one.
I've done these samples as "free standing" altered pieces..but they make great dimensional cards, or even altered hangings. (Oh trust me ...my mind has been reeling with different ideas I have for these dies.) lol


hmmm... wonder who that cute little girl is?? lol


These assemble so easy. I've found Scrapbook Adhesives double sided tape works perfectly!


Okay.. now an example of the "landscape" die
For this one I used other Crafty Secrets images and embellished with Crafty Secrets stamps.
As I look at these samples.. I just have to say again.. how lucky I am to work with Sandy (owner of Crafty Secrets) , and Cindy Van Koll ( Crafty Secrets talented graphic designer). They are creative minds behind Crafty Secrets.. and constantly inspire me!


You can see the dimension here.
Both dies can close if you are wanting to use them as a dimensional card. Here is just one of the ways that can be done.
· The idea below ... for a little tea light lantern.. is something Sandy thought up.
She said.. "if you connect four of the front pieces, add a bottom and, you could make a lantern". hmmmmm... interesting. So.. here's my take on her idea.
The images are stamped on vellum.. so the light from the battery operated tea light.. will show through.
( Stamp set is the new "Couple of Cuties" set.



I'm so excited to check out what the girls have created. Here are the links to their blogs. Thanks girls!!!

· Pam Hooten
·
Heidi Blankenship
·
Marisa Grosson
·
Michele Kovack
·
Michelle Van Etten
·
Melissa Phillips
·
Heartwarming Vintage Blog

****

As if that isnt enough inspiration.. my sweet and talented friend Catherine Scanlon.. who is an amazing artist and author ,created a beautiful project with one of my dies for me. Thanks Kitty! Be sure to check it out also. HERE

Thanks for letting me share my excitement with you!!!


46 comments:

peggysue said...

That is one really cool shadow box die. Very pretty samples you've created as well.

Heidi Blankenship said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!! Wow Vicki I am so very happy for you!! Congratulation!!! I love working with the 3D Shadow Box Cards and the new Altered Fairies Creative Scraps! I love all of your projects and all of the details! Look forward to seeing you soon! Hugs

Elaine A said...

Vicki -

Stunning! Just beautiful. You genius you, what a fabulous die. So many possibilities.

Elaine Allen

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is the coolest. thing. ever! I'm sooooooo excited for you ... this die is gonna FLY off the shelves. I HAVE to have one!!

You go girlfriend, so happy for you!!!

~Hugs, Deb

Cammie said...

Absolutely gorgeous creations.The shadow box is so cool.

Pam said...

LOVE, love, love your projects Vicki! These shadow boxes are SO fun to work with and Crafty fairies are a perfect match.

I'm thrilled for ya girl!
You better steady yourself when you hear me shriek at CHA, LOL!

Nat said...

Ohhh my god- those are soooo cool - you rock and you are the best! I love them - gotta get them when they are out!
Can't wait to see you next Friday- yeah!

wig4usc said...

Very, very pretty, I would love to have these dies. But tell me...will they work with any of the consumer machines, like the Big Shot? I wasn't clear on that since I know Accucut is the parent co to Sizzix. I hope I won't be relegated to only being able to use at my LSS. Thanks!

Valonda L. said...

Wow, what a WONDERFUL idea!!! Love it!

trendyscrapper said...

All I can say is wow what great projects. You rock and i love love love the die Vicki it was so fun to work with.

Bettyann said...

oh! oh !oh ! what fun...you are such a fab creative person...I was so lucky to be able to take that class with you in Langley..Shadow Boxes rule...love the landscape template as I have a wedding to prepare for in July..Go, Vicki, Go....

Julie said...

It's all fabulous, Vicki! What a creative girl you are! Love all this new stuff so much--can't wait to play with it all! Off to check out the other ladies' projects!

Catherine said...

These are gorgeous samples, and so proud of you and this accomplishment!

Ms. Cheryl said...

You did a bang up job!!! Love it, ms.cheryl

Jessica said...

Vicki, these are so cool! Congratulations on a gorgeous product. I love that they can fold up into a card.

stampqueen said...

What awsome dies!!!!! Congradulations!!!! Another item for my must have list!!!

sewingseeds4U said...

What a great design. Can't wait to get my hands on one..or two..or three..my imagination is already going a mile a minute.

~ Kim ~ said...

That is awesome!! Congratulations!! Your dies look like a lot of fun!! So happy for you!

becky said...

yay! these are sooooo gorgeous vic! so happy that you are using your amazing talent to make things that the rest of us can enjoy :)

Marisa said...

Wow, you have been busy. I love all every single project you made. The are absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations on the 3D Shadow boxes. Had so much fun with it.

Melissa said...

So happy for you Vicki...and your samples are simply irresistible....what fun!
Melis

Flo said...

So gorgeous !!! i love it !!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Oh, you are a smart cookie! These are a fabulous idea...and something that will be a great addition to my crafting supplies. Your samples are inspirational...as always!

Angela said...

It's fabulous Vicki!! Congrats!

Jane Wetzel said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing...thats all I can say...WOW..

Dru said...

LOVE these!! I would like to know if the Cuttlebug will cut these dies. Congratulations on such a wonderful creation - what a lot of vintage possibilities!!

janel said...

Oh...wonderful. I understand how excited you must be. What beautiful work and perfect product. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous examples. Have a great day.

DebbieK said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki! I just want to jump thru this computer and grab those dies from you...lol. These are just amazing and you are incredibly talented. Love how your creative mind works as it's right up my alley:) Thanks so much for the inspiration. We love you, lady! Have tons of fun at CHA...

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOOOOOWHOOOOOOO!! I'm excited for you!! This idea is truely fabulous!! I LOVE these!! WOW, is all I can say. Now if only I can save up and actually purchase one, teehee. I didn't see where you or Sandy listed the dimensions. I think that would be helpful with your next post. YOU GO GIRL!!

Jami said...

Wow Vicki - that is so cool! Congratulations on seeing your idea become a reality!!!

Country Liv . . . said...

You constantly amaze me! Thank goodness that there are artist like you in this world that can come up with these fab ideas for the rest of us! Just lovely and such a useful idea! Love, love, love it! I am going to have to go to my local scrapbooking store to get some kits cut! You rock!

domslittleshop.com said...

wow just perfect thanks for sharing these wondeful items with us

Country Liv . . . said...

I finally finished my tour of your blog on my blog! LOL! I think I'm going to have to do this every year since so many have stopped by to gaze on your art and since you are so prolific with your talent!
This is the last for 2009:
http://countrylivs.blogspot.com/2010/01/last-of-vicki-chrisman-eye-candy.html

Darlene said...

The shadow boxes are simply lovely and truly an indication of your talent. Enjoy CHA!!

Linda Lipford said...

Whoa, girl! Wait until the buzz gets around on this new die! Love the versatility. Congrats big time.

Pearl Maple said...

Well done!
They look fabulous

peggylee said...

congrats!! way to go, those are so beautiful and fabulous....I have never worked with 3D shadow box cards before I have to try them now...thanks

The Vintage Studio said...

Congratulations Vicki!!! We'll have to order those up for the Tattered Angels craft room! I could see those inspiring endless creativity. :)
See you soon!

Elaine said...

OMG It's finally time!! I LOVE THEM!!! They're sooooo cool and yes, you make very inspiring ideas that we all just love! What a great idea and the fairy sheets are way too cute to go inside! Swooning now...

Jo said...

wow, love the die!!! love all of your creations! and wow, gotta get me some glimmer glaze!

Christy Cates said...

Ohhhh oh OHHHHH! Vicki those shadow boxes are absolutely awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on say....oh a thousand or so :) The plans for lucious shadow box art are spinning around in my little brain as we speak. With all the new stamps and embellies coming out to add to the goodies already available.....I'm in heaven! Love it! Thank you so much and also for the outstanding, beautiful work you do on the samples to inspire! ~Christy

harrahx2 said...

Wow, you have been busy! Talent will always show through!

Linda Beeson said...

Now how on earth did I miss that cute stuff? I saw you demoing but you were so busy. Now I wish I had looked closer. SOOOOOO excited for your creation - lots of possibilities.

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Your dies are so neat! Not to mention the samples you've made with them! Amazing.

It was nice to meet you at CHA. Your make and takes were really fun and very inspiring. Can't wait to finish them up at home. We are still traveling.

Smiles,
~nance

Jan said...

Oh Vicki...I'm so excited..I ordered your die at accucut and it said it takes 7-10 days..I'm hoping I don't have to wait longer than overnight LOL...your work is so inspiring and I can't wait to get my FIRST VICKI C. DIE! :)

Karen said...

Your creative spirit shows through your work. Awesome work on this 1! Thanks for sharing! Karen M