Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A challenge for everyone

It's "Random Acts of Kindness week"... so I have a little challenge for you.
___________________________________________

I recently ran accross a blog that I think is just so positive and uplifting I have to share. It's called "Kind over Matter" It's refreshing and so fun to check everyday. Simple and sweet.
Well, there's another reason I'm telling you this. It's because the idea behind this post, came from a post I saw there. You can see the post here.

___ I decided I wanted to do I little something fun. My own Random Kindness. I based mine on the idea I linked above, only I did up three different flowers with ribbons and tags and decided I leave them in random places for whoever stumbles upon them first to enjoy.
Nothing to costly, time consuming or difficult... but hopefully it will brighten someones day.

Okay... first one.... on a snow bank

a pretty high snow bank. ( Certainly "someone" will see that.. and just "have" to go see what it is) right? lol

Second one. car wash anyone?

Third one ... at the park.

Do you see it?

It took so little effort.. and was so fun to do. So ...here's my challenge to you.
I know you all do kind things everyday..but this week... one day, do something unusual.. out of your norm. Something that will make someone elses day, and at the same time make you feel all warm and fuzzy. lol
If everyone did this .. just think how many people would be having something fun happen to them this week that would make them smile.
Cheesy post ? maybe... but cheesy isn't that bad now and then right? lol
I'd love to have you come back and post here, if you decide to do something ... anything... by a coffee for someone, let someone go ahead of you in line at the grocery store... or something like the the flowers and tags I did. Anything at all.
Have fun with it!


19 comments:

sewingseeds4U said...

What a sweet idea...just might have to borrow that one, too.

Mandy said...

i love this idea...i got a 3 in one scrapping magazine yesterday and left it in my trolley...it was an accident, but then i thought...hey...i probably just made someones day, so instead of feeling bad about it, i felt good...lol...but i will try and mean to do something this week...i love your little tags...xxx

Nat said...

I love it so much- awesome!!!!

Rbarakat said...

Thats super cute Vicki!

Jan said...

Great idea Vicki and super sweet too! I'm think of a RAK right now :)

Ali said...

Awesome- have shared your post/challenge idea and the links you provided with others. Thanks Vicki!

janel said...

I love this, and will just have to follow in your snow tracks. How fun. My mind is trying to figure out exactly what to do. Sweet!

debbiek said...

This is so neat. LOVE THIS IDEA! I will have to do something like this. Thanks for the challenge... You made MY day:)

Once I made a bunch of little paper ornaments and took them to our local library. I had them in a box and asked how many gals worked there. The woman at the desk told me and I counted out that many ornaments from my box. She looked at me like I was crazy or something. It was so fun and I chuckled on my way back to my car. Bet they don't have that happen very often and I felt great all day because of it:)

Catherine said...

you are so sweet, wish I had found one of them. have a great day!

Bettyann said...

what a great idea...you are such a sweetie...I love being spontanous with random acts of kindness..

klasickewpie said...

Such a lovely idea for an RAK. Your flower "gifts" are adorable and I think the one sticking out of the pile of snow is so cute. I know I'd run up the hill (well, maybe walk up it very fast) to see what it is. I get such pleasure out of letting someone behind me at a checkout go ahead of me. Enjoyed you post.

Pattyjo said...

I am inspired and I am taking the challenge. Don't know what yet, but I will do it. Great idea Vickie!
Pattyjo

Country Liv . . . said...

As if you haven't done enough kindness you have to go and do it for the world at large too! You are too, too, much Ms. Vic! Awesome!

Home and Heart said...

I did this a few years ago, except I had wrapped yellow roses( friendship) in tissue, wrapped with a bow, and a note that said "A random act of kindness to make your day. Pass it on" I left them on car windows.
Thank you for the wonderful reminder!!!

Carole said...

I work as a property manager for a large community = our carpet vendors birthday is today so I made him cupcakes - we are having a suprise gathering when he comes to the property today !!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

now how sweet is that? you're a gem my friend.

Gail S. said...

Vicki - I LOVE this thought! I will have to do this and make people wonder around my little town who is up to this random act of kindness!! Thank you for sharing - can't wait to do something!

MJ said...

We are all waiting for that glimpse of spring! I'm sure your random acts were well-appreciated!!

harrahx2 said...

that is the sweetest, funnest idea! I just love it and I am going to try to do it this week!