Monday, February 08, 2010

Countdown to Valentines

I have a few Valentine Projects yet to post before the 14th.. so I think I better get one it. lol I just used a flat wooden heart to make this hanging for the front door .( because there's been nothing there, since Christmas.. and it looked BARE). I've been using up some of my older papers by changing their color with Glimmer Mist. This paper was a flocked black and white.. so the vintage pink glimmer mist worked great.


The new Timeless Romance stamps from Tattered Angels have some really cool elements... one little one I used here , is the banner stamp, that words can be stamped inside.


It's fun that one little thing can add SO much to a project.

________________________________
I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Coughing , coughing , coughing. grrr

But there was a bright spot in the day.... GOOD MAIL! Product from pubbed stuff.

I hadn't gotten a chance to see the Dec/Jan issue of "Handmade". I had forgotten I had some things being pubbed in there.


Handmade has to be one of my very favorite magazines. They do such a great job staging and photographing their projects... and the project ideas are endless!
Here are mine. This one is done with Fancy Pants Goodies.



This one also. Boy as Halle grown since this photo was taken!


One more.. This one done with Pink Persimmon


It's a empty candle jar.
__________________________________________

Since I'm throwing in everything but the kitchen sink here... lol

Thought I'd show you some photos of what Wes has been working on. He fixed up his first motorcycle and then sold it to buy this one.. to work on and restore this winter.



Here's what it looks like as of yesterday. I think FedEx brought new mirrors that have been added since then..but pretty nice huh? He's getting really into it that's for sure. He searches out vintage parts little by little until he gets it right. New paint job.. and everything fixed up and polished. (He's so picky about it now.. I really wonder if he'll ever take it out of the garage) lol
Certainly not in this weather!

Wes has been here for a couple of days.. and Jarad and Kate were also here yesterday. I made Reuben's last night.. and they were so tasty! It was great having the fam home!
____________ One for thing___________
Check out this awesome new stamp set from Crafty Secrets. WOO HOO!
I'm all over this! PRICE TAGS
Crafty Secrets.. just keeps cranking out amazing sets.
You can see more HERE on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.

*********************************************
Time for me to close for now.. or I could go on forever. lol
Have a super day!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Приветствую уважаемые участники vickichrisman.blogspot.com! Мне очень понравилось ресурс тут!
Вчера нашёл необычное качество перевода с отличными темами. Уникальные переведённые иноязычные базы знаний касательно в мире. Например: [url=http://computer-base.ru/node?page=93]Интересные статьи из иностранных энциклопедий[/url]
Поизучайте иностранные темы - некоторые пыхтели сочиняли тысячи статей!

Ali said...

Gorgeous projects Vicki, so exciting to see them right in the magazine!

I loved every one, but especially the OWL... so adorable.

Feel better soon! xox-Ali

Jan said...

Congrats on your publications in Handmade :) I really liked the little candy dish :)
Great new stamp set from Crafty Secrets..this is another set I'd probably use over and over!

debbiek said...

Congrats on your published pieces, Vicki! Love what Wes did with his new bike. Wow, it just sparkles:)

The new stamp set looks like it would be so versatile and fun.

Hope you feel REAL better soon!!!

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey Sugar, I hope you start to feel better soon, drink some Vitamin C!
Wow, all those great projects pubbed! You are a master!

Bev said...

Hope you feel better soon! Now I know how you feel when you get tons of snow - it's been brutal here. Love your box of goodies and congrats on all your pubs...you so deserve it! I've always wanted to send stuff in but am too intimidated! Love those tag stamps too! Gonna have to order them ASAP! As always thanks for sharing. Keep warm!

cards4u said...

It's funny how those packages turn up at just the right time! Great projects and congrats on being published! I'll have to go check this one out : ) Hope you're feeling better soon!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, that calendar is adorable...how the heck did you make that? Sooo cute! Everything you do is cute. Tell your son, I used to own an old Honda Hawk in the 70's.....loved it. Could barely hold it up. Kept the license but haven't had a bike since!

Chris said...

It's so beautiful !!!