Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Crepe Paper flowers and other random-ness

I must be needing spring because all I can think about is "color" and "flowers" and other springy things! lol
I was messing with my 99Cent rolls of crepe paper the other night, and ended up making a bunch of these pretties to brighten up my room.

Super easy..nothing to it. just need a flower stem, some double sided tape, ...some wrapping and (gathering) .. as you go.


Crepe paper is so inexpensive and comes in so many fun colors now. ( these are my favorites right now.. as you could image) lol SPRINGY colors


Melissa Frances also has some of this yummy stuff in larger sheets.

You can really have some fun with this stuff!
_____________________________________
Okay.. I have to show you my new "re-do" project. I should have taken a "before" photo...but I was on a mission.. and started tearing right into it. lol I found this vintage headboard lamp at one of my flea market haunts. It was covered in a orange and red floral fabric. I love to read in bed... and have really wanted one of these. At $4.99.. the price was certainly right. lol I was hoping I would be able to get the fabric off , easy enough so that I could cover it with something simple that would match our bedroom. It came off pretty easy. I had an extra pillow sham from this bed set , so I used it to recover the lamp..
I was pretty happy with it... simple and practical.
Then I googled "Vintage Bed Lamps" and saw THESE!!!!
Wow... mine looks pretty plain now huh? lol
But I still like it for now. I can always add to it right?

I've been "in" again alot these past few days... because we had a bit more snow..but alot of BLOWING! The roads were traitorous!

Lots of classes coming up.. so I finished up kitting
Coleridge NE- "Scrap for a Cure" Feb 26th ( 5 classes)
Albion NE- "Scrapbook Paradise" March 6th (6 classes)
If your interested and live near... shoot me an email, and I can get you all the specifics. vickichrisman@hotmail.com


Other fun news I've been wanting so share.
Jarad and Kate are now first time homeowners!
They just bought their first home. I'm so happy for them!
I'm sure this is just the beginning of good things to come for them.



Jarad and Kate
_________________________________________

Time for me to get back to this mess in my room. Hope you are all having a great start to your week!

19 comments:

Jan said...

oh..la..la! Very pretty and I'M SO READY to see some flowers and green grass!! Great cover job on your lamp shade too :)

Gail S. said...

Love your flowers and your great purchase! Hate your snow tho. We got nothing but COLD here but it sure sounded bad just east of us.

2amscrapper said...

Are you sure it's that easy to make such gorgeous flowers? I must give it a try.

MJ said...

Looking at that last series of photos of Jarad & Kate, I realize that I've watched some of his "growing up" too! Congrats on your new home Jarad!

Susan said...

Well, I like your lamp the best! The others are way over the top! Beautiful flowers - who'd have known they were crepe paper - love that stuff.
Susan

Flowers said...

Wow...these crepe flowers look awesome. I have never seen anything like it. Keep it up the good work.

debbiek said...

Love the flowers Vicki! And your redone lamp looks like it was made to be there! So happy for Jared and Kate. All the best to them:)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Those flowers are so pretty! We used to make big tissue flowers for parade floats in high school, and these remind me of (a much prettier version) of those.

Pattyjo said...

Congratulations to Jared & Kate, they will have so much fun decorating and entertaining.
I am so envious of your snow. We just didn't get any and this is a first for Spokane. We had two days where it lightly covered the ground and vanished before the day was up and that's all! Its a first for us, a new record. I am a snow lover and always have been and your snow is gorgeous! We are having spring early.
Hugs
Pattyjo

harrahx2 said...

Oh Vic, I am so excited for your son and his girl. That is wonderful news. Your flowers are wonderful and your lamp looks amazing. Talent, honey, I tell ya! It's all about the talent!

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!!! those are truely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

janel said...

What fun for J and K. Now you can shower them with all your wonderful creations. Love those flowers, and the pinks are so pretty. Your blowing white stuff looks treacherous, so hope that you are safe and sound at home. Congrats to the new homeowners!

Shawn said...

love the crepe paper flowers!! I heard the snow is still sticking around. We haven't been back home in awhile, let's hope spring is on it's way :)

Precious Treasures said...

we made these in the Melissa Francis class at CHA, they are so pretty! I will have to try them out of just regular crepe paper. Yours are fabulous!

Precious Treasures said...

we made these in the Melissa Francis class at CHA, they are so pretty! I will have to try them out of just regular crepe paper. Yours are fabulous!

Country Liv . . . said...

I love your bed lamp . . . I'm sorry but the ones you Googled are just too tacky for me!
Looking at the blowing snow made my spine quiver . . . brrrr
Congrats to Jarad and Kate! Did they buy that beautiful place y'all had Christmas in?
Those pink crepe roses remind me of when I was in grade school and we would pleat facial tissues, fold them in half, stick a bobbie pin on them, and then spread the layers to make paper roses. We thought we were so cool with them stuck in our hair! Thanks for jogging my memory, Vic!
Hugs,
Liv

Linda said...

The flowers are just gorgeous, I am longing for spring too. The winter here in NC has been rough this year. I am tired of being stuck inside. Please post how you made those gorgeous flowers!!!!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine mentioned 2012 last night to me and it's the first I heard about it so I jumped on here out of curiosity. I think it's kind of sick and sounds like a bunch of skeptical jargon.
I choose to live every day like it is the last because let's be real, WHO THE HELL KNOWS what is going to happen or when it's your time to go on. The past is history, the future is a mystery and now is a gift, thats why it's called the present. It's not healthy to sit around and trip out about when you will die. Stop wasting your time you have now.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]2012 doomsday
[/url] - some truth about 2012