Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Generations" Shadowbox

Well..this started out as a layout...and eventually to a Shadowbox. Below is the layout before it was put in the shadowbox. The layout was done for one of my Tattered Angels projects for this month.. using
Tattered Angels and Websters Pages (Teamed up for Feb).
(The photo is of my Great Grandma, Grandma, mom and sis.)

I cut and masked alot on this project ..and stitching... yeah.. went a bit nuts with that. lol You can really see it here..but I stitched all around the dress form also. ( my sewing machine was needing repair for some time. I'm fixed.. and I'm really enjoying having it back up and running!)

For the flower.. I started with a regular.. $ store flower... added Glimmer Mist..then cut some paper pieces to add in. I then brushed Glimmer Glam on the tips. I love the effect!


Here it is in the shadowbox .. with the goodies added.

This was a fun project. I got lost it it. and was almost sad when it was time to stop. lol_________________________________________
Classes this weekend if you live near.
Fundraiser
Start Time:
Friday, February 26, 2010 at 5:00pm
End Time:
Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 9:00pm
Location:
Coleridge Community Building Coleridge NE 68727

For more information: Facebook- "Scrap for a Cure"
or you can always contact me .. and I'll get you more info

I'll be teaching 5 classes (4-12x12 two page layout classes and 1 Shadowbox class)
________________________________________
And...
Dont forget to get your name in for the giveaway below!

and.... HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

21 comments:

Nat said...

Ah this is stunning!!!

Anneke klerks said...

wht a beauty111111111
anneke

Tasha said...

Wow this is absolutely out of this world beautiful. Stunning even. What an amazing creation
love tasha xx

Charlene said...

Another amazing creation!!!! How do you come up with winners time after time? Love all the items you used. The paper was JUST right. Wanted to let you know I am doing a post on my gift from you. THANK YOU so much for sending me THREE set of your die cuts! They are wonderful. I can't wait to get to do something with them. Sorry it has taken awhile to get this posted. I lost my precious Reba last week & I am wiped out. It has taken awhile for me to be able to start back in with blogging. HUGS my friend & thank you again. Charlene

Elaine A said...

Vicki -

I love the shadowbox. It came out so beautifully! I think you've inspired me to create one myself of my family members. Thanks for sharing with us.

Elaine Allen

rosy3108 said...

wow! wonderful!

Jan said...

Vicki,
This shadowbox is beautiful..love all the elements such as sewing, masking, some shine here and there and the photo is beautiful. Is this for you? I can see everyone in your family wanting one :)

cards4u said...

This is absolutely wonderful!! My husband's aunt just sent me a box with some old sewing goodies and I have his grandmother's sewing scissors - now I know what to do! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Susan said...

Gorgeous Vicki! I love all the stitching. Isn't it great when you get "lost" in the art!
Susan

sewingseeds4U said...

Vickie this is stunning! I love what you did with that flower...never seen that before but I will be giving it a try. Just beautiful, my friend. Patty

Ali said...

STUNNING work Vicki! TYFS! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

wow Vicki- this is just stunning! Your sewing looks incredible too! wish I lived nearby for a class! :)

Marcia Antle said...

That shadowbox is one of the best projects you have shown us. All of your work is awesome, but that is absolutely wonderful. I love your blog, you keep my creating attitude going! Marcy
mantle@piedmontcenter.com
www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com

Linda Woerth said...

Another wow from you.

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

What a pretty shadowbox. Very creative.
Where on earth did you find this type of shadowbox? I can't find them anywhere locally.

harrahx2 said...

Just fantastic, amazing and beautiful, like the creator!

Gail S. said...

Beautiful! Wish I could make it to Colredge to visit with you and attend one of your classes!!

2amscrapper said...

I love how you altered this paper to fit your layout.

Deb said...

this is wonderful!! I can't wait to do one myself!! Inspiring

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

This is just absolutely beautiful, Vicki!

Aimeslee said...

This is a stunning piece of art. xoxo