Thursday, February 11, 2010

More lovey dovey stuff

I'm still trying to get all the Valentine posts in that I can before Sunday. lol
...So..... here's one more.


Grab some chocolate and have a look

I love vintage valentines.. so I thought I'd show you the ones I have out for Valentines Day. I set this old window frame (that I usually display photos on, in the kitchen/mudroom hallway), here, over by the light so I could show you the Valentines I have clipped up on it.


Like I said , I usually change it out with different photos..but I thought it would be a great way for me to have my Valentines out to enjoy.
I made some flowers out of old patterns and crepe paper to dress it up a bit.



If you love old Valentines.. you should hop on over to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog for the free printables from Crafty Secrets. HERE






This one cracks me up. lol

Every year when I look at these.. I wonder why I didn't keep mine from when I was a kid. ??? Darn it
*************************************
Remember if you want a chance to win $100 in free adhesives from Scrapbook Adhesives from 3L.... read below....
Happy Thursday!

15 comments:

EileenMV said...

Love the vintage images too cute! All of your projects are great!

Jan said...

Great vintage Valentine's and your window is a swell idea! Do you mind if I borrow it?
I worked on my Crafty Secrets puppy dog projects today :)

Susan said...

Your vintage valentines are darling - yes, I wonder why I didn't keep all those things from my youth too! Love how you've got them displayed - even the clothespins are cute.
Susan
PS Thanks for the diecuts - they arrived a few days ago and I've been too busy to do anything with them yet.

Anonymous said...

Cool article you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that theme. Thanx for giving that material.

Cathy said...

Too cute! I have some vintage one's too, but they are not in that great of shape! I love the display with the window.

LauraB said...

love your old patterns flowers! have you done a mini-tutorial on these yet?! thanks for the heads up on the adhesive give-away too.

Happy Valentine Day!

Pearl Maple said...

Too cute, looks like you are having fun with the holiday theme.

harrahx2 said...

Vic, my friend, some days I don't know if I should love you or hate you for all your talent. Even the clothspins are adorable. You are just so clever!

Jane Wetzel said...

awesome! wish I had mine too...

Pattyjo said...

I love the Valentines and your display! I especially love the clothes pins with the decorative dots and music pages on them. Did you make those/
Pattyjo

Scrap for Joy said...

I really love all of the little juvenile valentines with their great puns! I did use the girl and the doggie one for my friend (thank you!) and she loved it. Your window frame is mighty cute...I have a load of clothespins to paint and decorate. I DO have to make myself one of those huge tissue pattern flowers. Thanks Vic and Happy Valentine's Day!
Joyce

debbiek said...

You have some of the cutest Valentines, Vicki! After looking at your photo of the chocolates I'm craving some...lol. Have a great "heart" day:)
Debbie K.

Christie said...

So in love with the vintage valentines!

I love how you displayed them. And those flowers made from old patterns - Brilliant!

Kathy said...

I would love to see you use one of these vintage Valentine's on a project. Do you have any samples?

Thanh said...

Darn it! I wish I had mine too, I am so darned ecstatic that Sandy is holding a contest with the two images. I printed those off today and will be playing this weekend, I hope. Things are hoppin busy here with the Olympics.