Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Shadowbox die assembly

I decided after putting quite a few of these babies together .. doing make and takes at CHA.. I thought I'd share a little video of how easy they are to assemble. The one I'm showing in the video is the "Portrait" style (2 die set) from AccuCut VC101CSJ
( to listen to the video... just click pause on the music playlist in the right hand side bar to stop the music from playing)


video




I'll be doing another video of the "landscape" version soon also.

________________________________________

Okay... I mentioned the other day that I would send the first 10 people who commented (saying they'd like to play along).. one "already cut" die shadowbox and a few Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage images. All you have to do .. if you want to play along ( and are one of the first 10), is create something using the shadowbox and atleast one of the images I send.. and post it on your blog during March. Adding these links in your post

Vicki Chrisman, Crafty Secrets, and AccuCut

You can add anything else you want, photos, embellishments, paints, inks , you name it. Total creative freedom after that. Just have fun!

They can be done as a card, or free standing.

Here's a couple samples of the Portrait style die ,( the style I'll be sending out his time.) But you can see more samples here on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog




If you want to play along and dont get in this time .. no worries. . I'll be doing this again before long.... using the "landscape" style shadowbox die.

Okay... Who wants to play?


26 comments:

cards4u said...

I would love to play along!! I think these are great : )

Bettyann said...

oh goody goody Vicki, pick me, please lol

Debbiek said...

Oh, I'd love to make one. How FUN is THAT!?!

Sarah said...

I'd love to try one of these. Count me in, please!!!

Sheila Rumney said...

Oh, I would love to play along, pretty please!!!

Maggie Bade said...

I would so love to play along Vicki!

Bobbie said...

I want to play!!! Yippee!

Thanh said...

moi aussi s'il vous plaƮt :)

I have been drooling over this since it was announced Vicki! How the heck did you keep it quiet for so long?! lol I wants to play!

Thanh said...

PS - Thank you for reminding me that you DO have a bit of an accent! hehehe But I loooove hearing it. <3

Calhoun38 said...

I saw these at the show and LOVE them!

I want to play.

Deb Neerman said...

#11: Story of my life, LOLOL!

I'll have to find a way to somehow get my hands on this amazing die, Vicki. LOVE it! Best-new-product of 2010!

Aimeslee said...

I sure wish I could afford Accucut. Zip'emate was as far as I got, lol. I'd love to make something with that die if it can be cut with a Cbug or Big Shot. I consider it very smart and a forward-looking design, a real artist design, very nice. xoxo, Aimeslee

Debbie said...

oh no i cant believe i just missed out!! Cant wait to see what you all make :)

Hugs
Debbie
x

Jan said...

LOL..you've got everybody so excited about your gorgeous die :)
I did order your die from accucut and should have it within a week :)

Charlene said...

Your die cut is wonderful. I have a machine that I bought at a scrapbook garage sale. It's not accu-cut but, do you think it would work to cut this out if I bought the die? HUGS Charlene

The Rambling Papercrafter said...

I don't know if you have 10 or not but I would love to play along and try out this die cut. It is so cool

Kathy said...

BUMMER!!!! I wish I was in the 10. I wish ever more that I had an accu cut machine so I could go and get the die. You come up with awaesome stuff and I love following your blog!!

lois said...

I definitely know I am not in the 10 but I still wanted to leave a comment - this is SO cute - one day I hope to have an accucut also as I already have three different sizzix machines and two cricuts....Awesome die though!

Susan said...

Well, I missed the top ten too! Darn having to work all day. I hope I can get in on the next one! Can't wait to see all the samples.
Susan

harrahx2 said...

Vicky, these are wonderful. You are wonderful! You are creative. I hope my other blog friend, Carlina, came by to say hi. Hugs my friend, I am hunkering down for more snow. Last year, all year, 6" and this year already 24" and a whopper coming today! Please, take back your snow?

Pattyjo said...

Vickie, I love seeing your video's and being able to see how your Shadowbox goes together...and I get to hear your voice. I love your new die cut and all the gorgeous things you can make with it. I Love everything you make!
Pattyjo

Angela said...

Oh I think I'm too late to play along! What a bummer! I just bought the landscape portrait kit. Can't wait to try it! I'm going to check out the video now! I'm so glad I found your blog (I found it today in Paper Creations magazine). Just love your blog! hugs, Angela

Cyndy Allison said...

Vicki

I have been trying just so hard to buy your kits for almost 18 months or so - which I could do online if I was USA based but am from Australia and there is no international purchasing from Crafty Secrets! I would love to buy one of each portrait and landscape to play with - is there anyway you can open up to international purchasing? love love love your kits

harrahx2 said...

Owning one and having made it into a beautiful show piece with my parent picture was so wonderful! I ordered some from Craft Secrets and they are just beautiful Thanks so much for sharing Vicki!

paperpirate said...

I just got my dies and created one of each. Everyone is excited to make them. Can't wait to see more inspiration...

Unknown said...

I would love one of those...They are so pretty!!